Hamidon Buds aka The Buddy Badge

KaizenSoze

After grinding this out on now three characters. I though I might post some observations.

Buddy Badge: Wiki Page

The wiki needs to be updated. Besides the Hamidon raid you can also get the buds during the Lady Grey Task Force mission: Stop Rikti Hamidon Raid. The best time to run the TF is when it is the Weeky Strike Target.

The problem in either case is that a max of 16 buds will drop. That is 7 Hamidon raids minimal. But in Lady Grey you'll usually only have eight players. That means 13 runs if you're unlucky enough to only get 8 per run. And since you can run the TF with less than 8, it could be even lower. I think there is a way to consistent get more buds that players.

This part is speculation, but this seemed to work for me. I think that pets and Rikti left at the end battle can count as "players" when buds drop. Here is what I tried.

• Kill the pylons, but leave as many Rikti alive as possible. This useful in general, because the Rikti will attack Hamidon and the mitos. This proves to be a useful distraction.
  • Before Hamidon dies. Summon my lore pets.
    • I even use the P2W buff pet. Might not help, but it's an easy  thing to do.
  • Once, I started doing this I was consistently getting greater than 10 buds per run.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 1