Come to Blast Furnance's Rescue (Finish Maelstorm) mission objective bugged.

Bricktop72

This is a tip mission I'm running as a vigilante on red side to become a villain.  I have 10/10 villain alignment points when I started the mission.

The mission goes:

1. Rescue Blast Furnace
  2. Defeat Maelstrom
  3. Talk to Blast Furnace
  4. Defeat Blast Furnace
  5. Finish Maelstorm <- But I can't find Maelstorm on the map

2021-08-21.png

I've had that problem on that mission before. Maelstrom stays where you defeated him at step 2, but he'll stealth so you're unable to see or interact with him unless you have some sort of perception boost. He doesn't seem to toggle it on/off/on/off/... like NPCs do often with other toggle powers, just stays in stealth.

The easiest fix is to use accuracy inspirations until you can find him. There's also the empowerment station base buff which will increase your perception for a good while, an IO that can go in +tohit powers (Rectified Reticle: Increase Perception) and pool or ancillary powers that can help (Tactics, Focused Accuracy).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ViciousCabaret said:

I've had that problem on that mission before. Maelstrom stays where you defeated him at step 2, but he'll stealth so you're unable to see or interact with him unless you have some sort of perception boost. He doesn't seem to toggle it on/off/on/off/... like NPCs do often with other toggle powers, just stays in stealth.

The easiest fix is to use accuracy inspirations until you can find him. There's also the empowerment station base buff which will increase your perception for a good while, an IO that can go in +tohit powers (Rectified Reticle: Increase Perception) and pool or ancillary powers that can help (Tactics, Focused Accuracy).

That's frustrating enough I'm going to rerun the mission just so I can punch his stupid face.  😄

• 2 months later
  • 1 year later