Brute Confuse question

WhiteZin

Hi all,

I have a 50+ Rad/Rad Brute. My favorite build so far. I've started running solo (50+2 =to team size 8). I'm getting through them OK but for the first time I'm being briefly "Confused" by the bad guys. I never noticed this before so it must be the more powerful enemies. I initially decided to just live with it, until I joined a BAF. One of my teammates kept complaining that I was taunting them! Some folks explained afterward that because I was being confused I was taunting teammates. I don't really want to run any more trials etc until I fix the problem. Not to mention the disappointment I have in my "pride and joy" toon!

Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't seem to find any enhancements or power sets that address "Confuse" but they must me there.

Thanks

Tactics from leadership will help with this.  If you get your incarnates unlocked, putting Clarion in your Destiny slot will prove even more helpful.  Apart from that, any IO sets that increase your status resistance will reduce the duration of confuse and other such effects.

Super Reflexes, Stone, Shield and Willpower have confuse protection. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

7 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Tactics from leadership will help with this.  If you get your incarnates unlocked, putting Clarion in your Destiny slot will prove even more helpful.  Apart from that, any IO sets that increase your status resistance will reduce the duration of confuse and other such effects.

According to CoD v2.0 Tactics offers both Confuse protection as well as resistance.  The protection is -3.633 mag so it's not huge and foes stacking it could prove problematic ... hug some folks running Tactics should help a lot if that's what's going down.

Edit: Or get an Empath to drop Clear Mind on you

Edited by Doomguide2005

Just now, Triumphant said:

Honestly, Clarion is what will fix it for a Rad/Rad build.  Part from that, yeah- just gonna have to do a different build, as Uun said.

Yeah for solo work at 45+.  Trials I'm sort of surprised he's not getting covered already by either Tactics, Clarion or both.

End content build : Expensive

Incarnate build : Bad ass

For every other hole in your build :  Thumbnail for version as of 13:40, 20 December 2005

And you won't get much mag protection in IO sets, only resistance off of the resist bonuses like 1.5% S/L which is 2.25% resistance.  2-3 break free, got you covered since they last 60 seconds each.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Confuses are rare enough I wouldn't make major slotting decisions, like destiny and I certain wouldn't re-roll a toon I like just to avoid them.  Your first course of action is to just pay attention to that notification and that your teammates now con orange.  Then just step back and do nothing until it wears off.  If it persists then a break free should save the day.

Other tools include the defense amplifier from pay2win (mag 4 protection but expensive at 50 (2.5M/hour).  This will work through all content.

There's a base empowerment buff for confuse resists but, like all base empowerments buffs, won't work in incarnate trials or Mo runs.

In addition to Clarion, the other Incarnate power that offers confuse protection is Hybrid Melee (especially Core). 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

End content build : Expensive

Incarnate build : Bad ass

For every other hole in your build :  Thumbnail for version as of 13:40, 20 December 2005

And you won't get much mag protection in IO sets, only resistance off of the resist bonuses like 1.5% S/L which is 2.25% resistance.  2-3 break free, got you covered since they last 60 seconds each.

A small break free lasts 30 seconds. Medium is 60 sec. Large is 90 sec. Team insp break frees have a longer duration and are worth saving whenever they drop, I stockpile larger break free insps in my base and keep open bids on the AH for them.

Screenshot_2021-08-22-15-20-56.png

Currently on fire.

Wow! Thanks for all the great input. Several options to consider. (Part of the fun of the game!) I haven't had much need for inspirations so I think I'll keep some handy. BTW I was right on top of the doors during BAF. I'll let someone else have that fun next time. 🙂

Thanks all.

• Thumbs Up 1