Clearing locked character names

Snarky

On 9/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, macskull said:

Uhh, you're aware /getlocalname has been around for a long time, right?

5 hours ago, OmegaOne said:

This is a non-issue, or at least no more of an issue than it already is in CoH. You do know that you can already find someone's global and local names with slash commands or even the "Notes" option when you click on them? It's not exactly top secret info.

Is it there? Yes.

Is it easy? Harder than seeing it in the name, and definitely beyond a reasonable doubt someone is doing it on purpose if you petition the GMs for harassment.
But I really am not going to argue the point to people who clearly already have made up their mind, it was just something I felt needed to be added as a reason that a fair number of people don't want their global extremely visible by default to everyone on the server.

1 hour ago, _Kai_ said:

Is it there? Yes.

Is it easy? Harder than seeing it in the name, and definitely beyond a reasonable doubt someone is doing it on purpose if you petition the GMs for harassment.
But I really am not going to argue the point to people who clearly already have made up their mind, it was just something I felt needed to be added as a reason that a fair number of people don't want their global extremely visible by default to everyone on the server.

Nobody is arguing to have the global name visible alongside the character name. I'm not sure where you are getting this from.

I made myself a big brass robot the other day and Big Betty and Boilerplate (and Boiler Plate) were taken and I sighed, called her Big Bessie for a day and then as I realized what I was doing with my giant bronze woman namewise, I went 'no! Her name is BRONZE BEAUTY!' as if struck by lightning. Anyway, I didn't get my first choices, but I'm happy with my fourth.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

3 hours ago, Rosencrantz said:

I made myself a big brass robot the other day and Big Betty and Boilerplate (and Boiler Plate) were taken and I sighed, called her Big Bessie for a day and then as I realized what I was doing with my giant bronze woman namewise, I went 'no! Her name is BRONZE BEAUTY!' as if struck by lightning. Anyway, I didn't get my first choices, but I'm happy with my fourth.

I would have probably gone with "Brass Knocker" if it was a melee character.  

1 hour ago, merrypessimist said:

I would have probably gone with "Brass Knocker" if it was a melee character.  

Naw! A support. I was trying out electrical affinity. Water for steam power.

Electrical affinity is FUN.

Brass Knocker is a great name though!

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:44 PM, Greycat said:

... honestly, my brother worked in security when he served in the air force. His headgear (a blue beret) led to me calling him Sgt. Blueberry long before COH existed...

I'd take the squashed blueberry over the bus driver cap any day.

• Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.