Spider Man No Way Home official teaser

Other than the entire Garfield debaucle and Raimi's loathing of Venom, Spider-Man has been an incredibly solid mainstay for media based on a Marvel property for many years.

The trailer for this movie, and the chemistry which Cumberbatch and Holland possess, and the awesome energy which acting professionals like Zendaya, Batalon, and Favreau bring in to the mix . . . 

Well.

About the only thing which might make this movie better would be a post-credit stinger with Ryan Reynolds getting mouthy about his affection for a certain Spidery boy while merc'ing someone, you know?

(So, so, SO excited about DaFoe and Molina!  I hope Goblin and Oc team up.  And Keaton's Vulture!  Oooo!  Excite-bike!)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Other than the entire Garfield debaucle and Raimi's loathing of Venom, Spider-Man has been an incredibly solid mainstay for media based on a Marvel property for many years.

The trailer for this movie, and the chemistry which Cumberbatch and Holland possess, and the awesome energy which acting professionals like Zendaya, Batalon, and Favreau bring in to the mix . . . 

Well.

About the only thing which might make this movie better would be a post-credit stinger with Ryan Reynolds getting mouthy about his affection for a certain Spidery boy while merc'ing someone, you know?

(So, so, SO excited about DaFoe and Molina!  I hope Goblin and Oc team up.  And Keaton's Vulture!  Oooo!  Excite-bike!)

When I saw the orange and green goblin ball I was said WHAT! outloud 😄 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Basically, if they can pull off a multiversal Sinister Six, and possibly a three-way Spidey team-up?
No Way Home could, quite possibly, be the greatest Marvel movie of all time.  And happen under Sony's purview...
A solid tie from Phase 3 to Phase 4, and quite possibly being the biggest hit in the Phase 4 lineup.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Was reading in my news feed on my phone about how everyone is going bonkers on social media over this trailer.  It just doesn't look that great to me.  Maybe you have to be a huge Spider Man fan to understand (admittedly, I am not).

Big Doctor Strange fan, though, so I'll definitely see it for that, at least. Maybe it will surprise me and be as good as the hype suggests.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:27 AM, Triumphant said:

Was reading in my news feed on my phone about how everyone is going bonkers on social media over this trailer.  It just doesn't look that great to me.  Maybe you have to be a huge Spider Man fan to understand (admittedly, I am not).

Big Doctor Strange fan, though, so I'll definitely see it for that, at least. Maybe it will surprise me and be as good as the hype suggests.

Yeah.  I can see how, if you're not exactly a Spidey fanboy, that the reaction could be..."meh".

If this is done right, this film could tie all three Spider-Man universes together and retroactively "legitimize" the McGuire and Garfield universes.

8 hours ago, Krimson said:

Kind of surprised that the live action Spider-Verse movie is happening so soon after the animated film, but I'll take it. 

Pretty sure there won't be an animated spider-pig, nor an anime spider-droid, so I think we're covering new ground. 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:42 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Basically, if they can pull off a multiversal Sinister Six, and possibly a three-way Spidey team-up?

We know from the trailer (and some actor comments) that we have Goblin, Doc Oc, and Electro.  There's discussion that for a split second at mark 02:26 of the trailer (where Peter in a suit whirls around to look at a threat from behind) we're actually seeing The Lizard as the shadowy attacker.  If so, that's four, and its two each from the McGuire and Garfield runs.  Add in two from the Holland era (thinking Vulture and Scorpion), and badda bing...ya got your Sinister Six.

Couple of other thoughts:

• F.E.A.S.T. appears in the trailer.  I'm wondering if this is setting the stage for a Mr. Negative movie.  I'd love it, if so. 
  • Wait...are they really stupid enough to handcuff Peter Parker to a table?  Have they really no idea of Spider-Man's strength?  He's staying put as an act of will, not because of a physical restriction.
  • There's been a lot of chatter about having 3 spider-men and 6 villains, but I'm wondering if other Aunt Mays and girlfriends will show up as well.  
  • Several have commented elsewhere that Peter's tampering opened up the multiverse.  It's already open (see this year's Disney+ MCU offerings).  What appears to be happening here is that different branches are bending into each other, creating something different.

By the way, if you've not seen New Rockstars' breakdown of the trailer, consider watching.  My personal favorite is that they figured out the heart on the calendar back in the first episode of WandaVision was actually an easter egg referencing the Spider-Man trailer drop date.

Edited by Techwright

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

Pretty sure there won't be an animated spider-pig, nor an anime spider-droid, so I think we're covering new ground. 

We know from the trailer (and some actor comments) that we have Goblin, Doc Oc, and Electro.  There's discussion that for a split second at mark 02:26 of the trailer (where Peter in a suit whirls around to look at a threat from behind) we're actually seeing The Lizard as the shadowy attacker.  If so, that's four, and its two each from the McGuire and Garfield runs.  Add in two from the Holland era (thinking Vulture and Scorpion), and badda bing...ya got your Sinister Six.

Couple of other thoughts:

• F.E.A.S.T. appears in the trailer.  I'm wondering if this is setting the stage for a Mr. Negative movie.  I'd love it, if so. 
  • Wait...are they really stupid enough to handcuff Peter Parker to a table?  Have they really no idea of Spider-Man's strength?  He's staying put as an act of will, not because of a physical restriction.
  • There's been a lot of chatter about having 3 spider-men and 6 villains, but I'm wondering if other Aunt Mays and girlfriends will show up as well.  
  • Several have commented elsewhere that Peter's tampering opened up the multiverse.  It's already open (see this year's Disney+ MCU offerings).  What appears to be happening here is that different branches are bending into each other, creating something different.

By the way, if you've not seen New Rockstars' breakdown of the trailer, consider watching.  My personal favorite is that they figured out the heart on the calendar back in the first episode of WandaVision was actually an easter egg referencing the Spider-Man trailer drop date.

I saw someone else point out that the trailer release date was a coincidence because the movie was originally slatted to be released earlier this year and Wandavision was also moved on the release schedule. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

22 hours ago, Krimson said:

But it's a MULTIVERSE. Trust me, I'm a big Michael Moorcock fan, I know about Multiverses. As such, the other movie could certainly exist in the same continuity, but that hasn't been revealed yet. Of course my offhand comment was meant to be humorous, but still... You never know until the new Spider-Verse is released. 

Oh, I'm all for making the Into the Spiderverse movie canon to the MCU multiverse.  And I'd love for Miles Morales to make a surprise appearance in No Way Home (just don't eliminate the MCU Peter Parker in the process).  Not sure the general public is ready for those other two I mentioned to show up in live action.  Perhaps the Noir Spiderman, though.

20 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I saw someone else point out that the trailer release date was a coincidence because the movie was originally slatted to be released earlier this year and Wandavision was also moved on the release schedule. 

We were actually discussing this on a work coffee break today.  One of the YouTube reviewers I work with said the trailer was forced into dropping due to leaks (or at least that's what he heard).  So it sounds like someone got clever afterwards, and realized since they were forcing it out anyway, they could retcon an easter egg by delivering it on the WandaVision calendar date.  If so, hats off to them.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:04 PM, Techwright said:

I think what the summer shows did was make it possible for the multiverse to happen, but didn't directly cause it.  (Yes we saw the results from their perspective, but things out there had to trigger it while they watched it bloom.)  Now the movies are about to show how it all falls apart without a clean-up organization.

This way it all ties together neatly without any one action being the key, but rather the individual actions all adding up into one giant synergized mess.  Yet everything can stand on its own, so it's a nice bit of layering for those of us who consume all we can.  I'm expecting the upcoming movies to be a lot of fun.

• 1 month later

Okay, ladies and germs, we have another new Spidey titbit...

Spoiler

From the Venom: Let There Be Carnage Wiki:

In a post-credits scene, Eddie and Venom are transported by a blinding light from their hotel room to an unfamiliar room where they watch a broadcast of J. Jonah Jameson revealing Spider-Man as Peter Parker, who has been framed for murdering Mysterio.

If you're not fancying watching the whole of the movie to see that, it's been leaked (in Russian, I think) on YouTube. While I'm not sure who's dubbed JJJ, they clearly know by voice and the audience screaming starts as soon as they hear him.

Also, Parker is described as a murderer. Venom is only allowed to eat bad guys, and he thinks Peter looks like a snack...

...what do we think on that?

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

If it's EVERY villain and their multiversal variants, I will feel cheated - CHEATED, I TELL YOU - without Kathryn Hahn's Doc Ock...

...and this lot.

ALL OF THEM.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 months later
16 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Saw the movie last night.

It was good.

Very good.

Frankly, the best Spider-Man movie.

Even made my spouse cry.

And while it wasn't Ryan Reynolds in the post-credit stinger, it was still very playful and fun, and insinuating consequences.

Arguably both the best Spider-Man film *AND* the best MARVEL film.
It runs  PHENOMENALLY tight race with Avengers: Endgame.

The first third or so drags a bit.
But the second you drop into Act II, it's off to the races.
Get ready for waterworks between Acts II and III.

Act III is where largest amount of the awesomesauce has been dribbled.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 6:17 PM, Techwright said:

Just how many Spider-Man opponents do they intend to stuff into this movie?  This is starting to look like Infinity War in the size of its character cast.

Old comment, and I had a touch of worry with that, too, but it's handled very well - and about the right size for what they're doing.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

For me one of my fave parts was

Spoiler

Garfield's Spiderman saving MJ.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 1 month later

Pulling this thread back from the precipice of the Soul Stone to bring this humble thought for your consideration:

Spoiler

I was watching the detailed breakdown of Spider-Man: No Way Home posted by Canadian Lad on YouTube, when a thought hit me:

I was somewhat puzzled in the movie when Peter's friend Ned, clearly uncomfortable with the sad backstories he's hearing from the other Spider-Men turns to his Peter and says if he gains super powers he promised he'd never turn against his friend.  I know the audience was meant to see this as a reference to Ned in the comics becoming the Hobgoblin, and I thought it was just an oddly drawn-out easter egg, and swept over it.

Now I'm suddenly rethinking that.  What if it was not the easter egg it seems to be, but a foreshadowing of the next, or one of the next Spider-Man films?  The Ned who hadn't had his mind messed with was quite sincere in that proclamation to Peter.  But now Ned has no memory of his connections to Peter Parker or Spider-Man, and Ned is headed to M.I.T..  Could we be seeing a setup where Ned, oblivious to his real past and to Peter, gets involved in some weird science that turns him into the Hobgoblin?  How would Peter as Spider-Man talk Ned down from going full dark side when he failed to follow up on his promise to tell his friends about their past?

• Like 1

They had to do it. It was the law.

But whoever took that or was there at the time and didn't leak it must have had either the willpower of the Gods or one of Feige's robot cybertanks parked on their lawn. 

Probably both.

7 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

They had to do it. It was the law.

But whoever took that or was there at the time and didn't leak it must have had either the willpower of the Gods or one of Feige's robot cybertanks parked on their lawn. 

Probably both.

Hmmm..I assumed that was a photomanipulation.