The most fun to play

Controllers have become my go-to in Homecoming, Illusion and Dark controllers in particular.  I had avoided the "confuse" powers on live because 1) the pundits claimed that such powers reduced XP, and 2) I didn't want to be "that guy" who "ruined" everyone's "fun" by "stealing" XP from them.  Now I'm old enough to not give a carp, and now I loves me some confusion.  Nothing better than getting a Lieutenant or even a Boss to punch a destructible item until it blows up and knocks them back 20 feet.

That said, I also love my Archery/Martial Combat blaster and my Martial Arts/Ninjutsu scrapper.  If all they had was style, they'd have more than enough to keep me playing.  Throw on a trenchcoat or some other butt cape, and you've got perfection and grace and a smile on your face.

Still love the idea of my Staff/Dark Armor stalker - a temple guardian spirit who woke up real angry when thieves broke into the museum and messed with her relics - but she kind of lost traction around level 20.  Still not sure why.  Also still digging my first concept to make it out of the tutorial - a private detective from the early 1940s who got science-blapped into the future while investigating 5th Column activity.  Unfortunately, he stalled out when he really, really needed a travel power, and nothing on offer fit the bill.  Maybe someday we'll all be able to call a taxi and the world will be right with Dash Marlowe.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, catsi563 said:

DP Martial Combat is one of the most fun combos ive played ever its made me literally rethink my entire blaster build strategy and fighting strategy

+1

Dual Pistols/Martial Combat has so many powers to choose from, and all of them are some joyous variant on punching someone in the face, kicking someone in the face, or ridiculously OTT gun shenanigans which will eventually result in shooting someone in the face.   The damage is decent, and the animations are pure delight.  And then there's an awesome bunch of utility stacked on top.  Do you need to spend a lot of time in melee range to dish out maximum damage?  No problem, here's a combat teleport and a chunky defence buff while you lay waste to your enemies.  Mez getting you down?  Have a click mez protection.  Mean people trying to close with you?  AoE Slow field on your sustain!  Did some of them get up to you anyway?  Ki Push them away, and why don't you get in another kick and then shoot them while they're flying slowly backwards through the air?  It's just endless fun times.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

12 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Dual Pistols/Martial Combat has so many powers to choose from, and all of them are some joyous variant on punching someone in the face, kicking someone in the face, or ridiculously OTT gun shenanigans which will eventually result in shooting someone in the face.  ...  It's just endless fun times.

I have an AR/Martial and have been discovering the same thing (I know DP's probably better, but I've done that power set a few times now).  That shooting someone as they drift away after a Ki Push never gets old!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

At the moment it's my Fire/Earth Dom(Popocatepetl). So much smashy fun, plays like a scrapper but, pardon the pun, dominates.

Also love my Thugs/Kin MM(Godfather), Gang War + Burnout + Gang War + Speed Boost + Fulcrum Shift and fuhgeddaboudit...

Edited by Mopery
Penguin Astronaut Theorists

What, me worry?

Mechanically fun?

DP / Nin Blaster is probably my favorite. Having the ability to crit, and crit out of hide, is stupendous. Tack on the survivability from the sets, proc options, and flashy sword and pistol animations and it's a perfect storm. Not objectively better than Fire/Fire for overall damage output, but certainly more fun to watch.

Close after that are Grav/Martial Dominator (with non-Hasten Permadom, muahahaha) for the controlled chaos, and BR/Kin Corruptor for... I don't really know why. I just like it. Hits hard and buffs well.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:50 PM, GastlyGibus said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot_200427-20-02-07.thumb.jpg.7f9e04a4cffd0a6d5da508a6304f6f28.jpg1434460235_CapedCrustacean.jpg.5f53397795e2389b0bc6e4704b549ac7.jpgscreenshot_200528-19-02-41.thumb.jpg.6ded7d2defaf4161e310f7f557382d06.jpg

He's named "The Caped Crustacean." 😆

I want to steal your idea and make Crab Man. Basically the similar but I only move around with A and D. 

Edited by A Cat
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mopery said:

At the moment it's my Fire/Earth Dom(Popocatepetl). So much smashy fun, plays like a scrapper but, pardon the pun, dominates.

Also love my Thugs/Kin MM(Godfather), Gang War + Burnout + Gang War + Speed Boost + Fulcrum Shift and fuhgeddaboudit...

My condolences for your End bar.  I have one of those (Fire/Earth Dom) and even with PermaDom and Ageless it's not enough.

For way too many years now, my main claws/sr scrapper (and for a time brute... and yea, he works great as a tank, too, but the scrap/brute are still more fun) was the tip of the iceberg on fun/intense/joyous but lately a newcomer has crept up the chain and may one day top him:

My earth/earth dominator, Terra from Teen Titans ripoff, named Gaea's Savagery. There's just so much right going on there. Awesome mitigation, solid damage and all the oh so glorious crunching sound fx flying all the time. She's just freakin brutal.

• Haha 1

Make like 10 minutes i write then erase what AT, i love most but at the end got a shit ton of lvl 50 toons and i love them all, sometimes more than others, for what they do best.

Finally, i think that fun is awesome but :

930125485_tenor(24).gif.96a3d89ea3d65d6886f84a63d05ff839.gif

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N