Besides Stone, What's the Most Durable Tanker Primary?

00Troy00

Am I the only one who loves Tanker SR?

It was good on Scrappers, but is utterly obscene on Tankers.

It has no skippable powers except Elude (which I skip to start an Epic Pool), but what you get is insane right out of the box.

Softcapped to all positions with almost zero effort, scaling damage reduction (to hardcap) as your HP drops, and a free 20% global recharge.  Oh, and as complete Defense Debuff Resistance as the game has.

If you chase +HP and some +resist bonuses you’ll be impossible to kill with just  the Panacea and Power Transfer proc for passive healing.

You get into this state where your health initially drops, and then you stay at redline for infinity.  Now I wanna rewatch RedLine…

Seriously though, SR is a very flexible set that lets you build in almost any direction.  Native softcap Defense with just base powers is that strong.

Edited by SableShrike

53 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

so I have  a question when you put hover in there is it just for the slot or do you use it?

I use hover for fighting things that fly and as a mule for an LotG +recharge. But 99.9% of the time, I'm on the ground.

*IF* hover actually got me into melee range properly after a Tab-Follow, I'd be far more likely to use it more but as that will not apparently ever happen....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

*IF* hover actually got me into melee range properly after a Tab-Follow, I'd be far more likely to use it more but as that will not apparently ever happen....

OMG Bill. I suddenly had flashbacks to your posts on the retail forums...

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Put hover on for the extra bit of defense, then, if you are not and old like SOME people I shall not name, manually approach what you wish to kill.

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

MANUALLY?!!?!? What kind of psychotic heresy is this?!!? You're losing SOOOO much DPS!

🙂

how do you not manually do it?  shit im old

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

6 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

how do you not manually do it?  shit im old

Tab to new target and hit F for follow. As mentioned, this fails when hovering but not when on the ground. Thus my heightened run speed.

Edit: I really should remap Tab for targetenemynear.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

31 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Tab to new target and hit F for follow. As mentioned, this fails when hovering but not when on the ground. Thus my heightened run speed.

Edit: I really should remap Tab for targetenemynear.

CoH is the only MMO I've ever played that lets me do this. I had a really hard time getting used to melee combat in other MMOs because I had to close range manually.

I use 'V' for target nearest enemy. I've used this key for so long that I don't remember why though.

And am I misremembering or did you complain about Hover not closing to melee range on the retail forums?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

CoH is the only MMO I've ever played that lets me do this. I had a really hard time getting used to melee combat in other MMOs because I had to close range manually.

I use 'V' for target nearest enemy. I've used this key for so long that I don't remember why though.

And am I misremembering or did you complain about Hover not closing to melee range on the retail forums?

You are most definitely not misremembering.

V is always my self heal or most important click mitigation. For the BZBs it's Practiced Brawler since Hasten is on auto.

T, Y and U are buffs like aim and buildup or conserve power.

B and N go into play on heavy clicky sets like bio where there's 3 "heals" in play.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba