Why so much Hasten?

Khrystina

I've been reading Dominator builds, due to a recent flare-up of altitis, and I've noticed that almost all of them include Hasten with two IO recharge reducers for perma-hasten (or near, at least).  However, while playing around in MIDS, I was able to slot a Mind/Psi/Psi dominator to 138% recharge bonus without Hasten.

So my question is why do so many builds take Hasten, and if that's on auto-cast how do you make sure to throw Domination every time it's up?

Thanks!

Most people take it for Perma Dom, 70% recharge is a lot and you need somewhere around 130% to make it permanent.  Very difficult and expensive to build for that without relying on team buffs if you don't take Hasten.

As for keeping both going, either people pay attention and hit it when possible (that's what I do on my Dark/Martial at least, Hasten on auto and just click Dom whenever I see it up, usually about a 10 second window) or they set up keybinds, usually binding Domination's power slot to a basic movement key (for instance, binding 'Forward' and 'Domination' to W)  Some people bind Hasten and Dominations to movement so you can auto cast something else instead.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Hasten is one of the best pool powers you can take for any AT.  It's cheap to get, it only costs you one of your pool powers, and nets you 70% recharge, that's 7 purple set bonuses in one power.  It's very good to take hasten on a dominator because it allows the rest of your build some flexibility like adding defense bonuses and other things.   Typically I like to aim to take Hasten then add in another 85-100% additional recharge bonuses while also building for other things.  

All of my characters take Hasten and put it on auto so I don't confuse myself and just do the same with my dom, I like to put Domination then real close to the powers I click the most, trained habit.   

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Khrystina said:

I've been reading Dominator builds, due to a recent flare-up of altitis, and I've noticed that almost all of them include Hasten with two IO recharge reducers for perma-hasten (or near, at least).  However, while playing around in MIDS, I was able to slot a Mind/Psi/Psi dominator to 138% recharge bonus without Hasten.

So my question is why do so many builds take Hasten, and if that's on auto-cast how do you make sure to throw Domination every time it's up?

Thanks!

for many doms there’s a lot of powers they want to see recharged as soon as possible - as @Mezmera said, it costs 1 power choice and 1 slot (so you’re two up), it’s a no brainer

if you can build it so you can do without i’m sure that’ll be great too - i always forget to click dom if i have hasten on auto

I put Domination on auto and bind Hasten to the ` (tilde) key so that it's easily within reach. I still like to build for permadom without needing Hasten, but having as much overlap as possible helps to protect against slows.

Also, not all power set combinations allow for the best IO set combinations to get +recharge for perma Domination, and so folks take Hasten for that too.

Dominator rotating key bind, tapping forward triggers one and 1 more triggers the other.  Got an Dark/Ice/Ice.  Got enough recharge to put Hoarfrost on another key bind (perma with Incarnate)so it's effectively permant for 3 click powers on long recharge with just 2 keys

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer