Triage Beacon (AKA that traps power everyone skips)

Shred Monkey

On 9/10/2021 at 11:33 PM, Vanden said:

A power like Triage Beacon would use the proc formula for toggles, which doesn't factor in recharge.

But why though? Because its a 'aura' power? I have the proc in my Triage Beacon now, and when I first drop it, it usually procs on 3 - 5 targets (I play a bot/traps MM, so minimal 8 targets at all times around.. me, 6 bots, and a FFG) It then procs again after about 10 seconds on another 3-5 targets... sometimes more, if I have Acid Mortar out.

Who is the proc master person again? Maybe we can get some deep dives into what actually happens here.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Arbegla said:

But why though? Because its a 'aura' power? I have the proc in my Triage Beacon now, and when I first drop it, it usually procs on 3 - 5 targets (I play a bot/traps MM, so minimal 8 targets at all times around.. me, 6 bots, and a FFG) It then procs again after about 10 seconds on another 3-5 targets... sometimes more, if I have Acid Mortar out.

Who is the proc master person again? Maybe we can get some deep dives into what actually happens here.

@Sir Myshkin

@Bopper

Two names I associate strongly with procs.

Edit: And since you didn't say otherwise that's one Triage Beacon in play.  Not uncommon to be able to drop two.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

The one thing missing from this conversation is that the game has since introduced electrical affinity and Faraday Cage

Imo triage beacon (and spirit tree) could easily be fixed by replicating faraday cage functioning.

The animation time needs some love though - 

Faraday - 1.3sec

Triage - 2.9sec

Spirit tree - 3.4sec.

• Like 2

Currently on fire.

5 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

The one thing missing from this conversation is that the game has since introduced electrical affinity and Faraday Cage

Imo triage beacon (and spirit tree) could easily be fixed by replicating faraday cage functioning.

The animation time needs some love though - 

Faraday - 1.3sec

Triage - 2.9sec

Spirit tree - 3.4sec.

Was there a point at which Faraday was stackable? 

• 5 months later

The only change I'd make to Triage Beacon is making it follow you hovering like some of the other pets.  As a toggle, or a regularly summoned pet, but not a stationary tool.  In that case, I'd lower the regen bonus it grants to make Spirit Tree still have a use.  For being a much higher-tier power that doesn't make sense being able to move, Spirit Tree needs a buff far more than Triage Beacon does.