Tank damage buff

00Troy00

And now testing a Ranged AoE cone this time:  Here is an Ice Melee tanker on test using Frost on a Hellion that's 15ft out.  I put 3 lvl50 common range enhancers in Frost.  You can see it still lists a 10ft radius in the power info but now a 15.85ft range... and it hits the Hellion.  Before doing this I ran the same experiment as before with Guarded Spin.  Frost was similarly unable to hit targets that were just beyond the 10ft unenhanced range/radius.  However, it is still damned nice if you DO put in range enhancers on powers like this that can slot them because that AND the Tanker arc increase means a MUCH bigger area.

screenshot_210910-12-13-54.thumb.jpg.eec765eea0e75a72a3732c2d22d7881d.jpg

16 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Is there a difference in Power Range and AOE radius ? 

Also how did you get the yellow thumbtack marker under the guy? Is there an easy way to measure distance from yourself to mob to check distances? 

Yes. Tanker inherent boosts radius, not range.

I know radius will go up with Gaunlet but I assumed it was otherwise a fixed number, a 6ft radius becomes 9ft when Gaunlet is added.

My confusion is what part Power Range is playing in this. I assume it is how close the initial baddie is? i.e. you are in Range to use power. 

18 hours ago, ZemX said:

And now testing a Ranged AoE cone this time:  Here is an Ice Melee tanker on test using Frost on a Hellion that's 15ft out.  I put 3 lvl50 common range enhancers in Frost.  You can see it still lists a 10ft radius in the power info but now a 15.85ft range... and it hits the Hellion.  Before doing this I ran the same experiment as before with Guarded Spin.  Frost was similarly unable to hit targets that were just beyond the 10ft unenhanced range/radius.  However, it is still damned nice if you DO put in range enhancers on powers like this that can slot them because that AND the Tanker arc increase means a MUCH bigger area.

screenshot_210910-12-13-54.thumb.jpg.eec765eea0e75a72a3732c2d22d7881d.jpg

hmm, are my testing results a placebo then? it really felt that the tanker was able to hit more things with frost than the scrapper

back to do some testing then.. 

59 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

hmm, are my testing results a placebo then? it really felt that the tanker was able to hit more things with frost than the scrapper

Well, that's true though.  The tanker has a higher target cap and a 50% wider cone.  That makes it MUCH easier to hit more targets already.  Just not more distant targets.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Is there a difference in Power Range and AOE radius ? 

Range is how far away from you you can target the power.  Radius tells you the size of a spherical AoE.  CoH has two types of AoE areas: spherical and conical.  Radius, it seems, only applies to spherical AoEs.  These are either zero-range Point-Blank AoEs (PBAoEs) or range-targeted AoEs (TAoEs).  Either way, the size of the sphere, whether it's at your feet or out at some range away from you... is determined by radius.  And this is what is boosted by the Tanker inherent.  It adds 50% to the radius of PBAoEs and TAoEs.

Cones have "Arc" which is the angle formed by the point of the cone (i.e. You) and the two opposite sides to your right and left.  This is boosted by the Tanker inherent by 50%.  So my 90 degree Guarded Spin above becomes 135 degrees.  So it can hit more targets to the sides or up and down but not farther away.  And while cone power descriptions also list a "radius" it doesn't seem to have any effect on the size of the area.  

Note that you won't SEE the Tanker-boosted radius or arc anywhere in power descriptions in-game.  It's like a global enhancement.  Hence why my pic of Guarded Spin above still shows 90 degrees, same as it would for a Scrapper, Brute, or Stalker.  But if I set this experiment up again and did another overhead view of enemies spread side to side in front of me, I could show that it really does have wider than a 90 degree arc on the Tanker.

14 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Also how did you get the yellow thumbtack marker under the guy? Is there an easy way to measure distance from yourself to mob to check distances?

Type /loc in chat and it will print your location in brackets like [x y z].   Click on those bracketed numbers and a thumbtack will appear at your feet.  So I just stood next to the target and did this.  I used grey con mobs so they wouldn't attack me.  You can also type coordinates in chat yourself and then click on them.  I did that to tweak the numbers returned by loc to move them over slightly under the feet of the target.   

Objects you can left-click on your map behave the same way.  So left-click on a trainer, neighborhood marker, teammate, etc and you get a pin on their/its position.  If it's a teammate, the pin moves with them.  SO if you just want to test the range of a power like, say, teleport. Click on some map marker to place a pin and use it as your range test point.

3 hours ago, ZemX said:

Well, that's true though.  The tanker has a higher target cap and a 50% wider cone.  That makes it MUCH easier to hit more targets already.  Just not more distant targets.

ah right, yes i see what you mean. on my way home shortly for an evening of trying both the scrapper and the tank in the real world to decide which to make as my next project character - a posi 1 on each should be a good test run