farm requests

presto2112

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

The gogogogo mentality in random groups. There are still missions, story arcs, AVs, GMs, and Raids that I have never done before, not even once. Even though I have played for 2+ years.

No one explains anything. Most groups don't even speak much. We just zip right on through as fast as possible, me without a clue as to what is going on, then I will see an 8 second animation with some big baddie doing his "Bwahahah! You'll never stop me Heroes!" with me there like a deer in a headlights and not a clue to who this guy even is, or what his plans even are.

I've played since I13, and I had literally no idea about the plot of any of the TFs until I duoed through them a couple of times on HC.  It was exciting, after probably several hundred ITFs, to finally find out what those giant ersatz-Nazi robots were doing in Ancient Rome.  I only know the plots of a lot of the normal story arcs because I overwhelmingly solo or duo.  I think one of the best gameplay improvements the devs could make would be to find a way to mirror mission text to the non-leaders in a team.

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 9/12/2021 at 5:48 AM, Blackbird71 said:

Dual-box RP.

Trust me, it happens.

Yep.

I have two accounts, sometimes I have one to support a second main, sometimes I farm (rarely.) Most often it's RP related - a version of a character on the main account that needs to drop by for some reason while my "real" character is there, for instance. It's also letting me host Kheld arcs for a SG that's repurposing them without anyone having to reroll established characters in odd ways.  It can come in handy in odd ways.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Neiska said:

The gogogogo mentality in random groups. There are still missions, story arcs, AVs, GMs, and Raids that I have never done before, not even once. Even though I have played for 2+ years.

I'll echo Krimson and suggest that you run some of the story arcs on your own, at your own pace,  with or without extra accounts or friends.  I'll recommend all the Zone arcs as they tie in and explain what's going on in a zone and between the groups that hang out there - Hollows, Faultline, Striga, Croatoa, and Rikti War Zone all have a series of story arcs from different contacts that combine to tell a story.  I sometimes level a new character just doing those zone arcs at natural level.  You also end up with a lot of reward merits and neat temp powers and a few badges.

Additionally, when you open up an Ouro crystal and look at some of the lists you'll also see a series of arcs that are numbered Part 1, Part 2, etc. that similarly tie together some game lore.  Here's a list of all the Hero TFs and Story Arcs to see if anything calls to you (Villains and Preatorians have a similar list):  https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Hero_Merit_Rewards

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, A Cat said:

It may vary depending on the server, but on Everlasting at least, both of these are very well explained and run. They also don't really have a story to speak of that is revealed in the raid. 

They are well run, but they are only "well explained" in terms of directing teams where to go and what to do, and I'm pretty sure that's not the context Neiska was referring to.  

• Thumbs Down 1

21 hours ago, Neiska said:

Want to know why I started farming and created multiple accounts in the first place?

No one explains anything. Most groups don't even speak much. We just zip right on through as fast as possible, me without a clue as to what is going on, then I will see an 8 second animation with some big baddie doing his "Bwahahah! You'll never stop me Heroes!" with me there like a deer in a headlights and not a clue to who this guy even is, or what his plans even are. This isn't even counting things like team teleport that just whooshes me to some unknown corner of the map with zero idea where I am, how to get there, or what I am supposed to be doing. Most of the time, I don't even know if badges are involved. Heck, I have badges that I have zero clue how I earned them.

You are not alone. 
The SG I belong to, on Excelsior, called Cosmic Council has "education" nights for various tfs/events. The lore is explained. The strategy is explained. The only real downside (from my perspective) is we use discord to do the explaining. This means, if I want to interact, I have to wear my headphones with the microphone attached, and those headphones completely suppress all noise outside the game and discord. I see that as a negative. If my phone rings, I want to know. If someone in the house is calling my name from the other room, I want to know. Wish I'd realized the headphones in question were noise-suppressing when I got them. So uncomfortable, too. Makes my ears hurt.  But I digress. 

There are folks that are patient and will explain more than you'd really ever want to know about a given story arc/tf/trial.