Beta Patching Error when using Tequila

Panthonca7034

I've tried four times now to log into the Beta testing shards and changing manifest URLs in Tequila and I get the following:

BetaPatcher_Tequila.JPG.214c869c6813745865321f503fb436d3.JPG

I understand that eventually the HC Launcher will become the de facto requirement to use for launching the game, but until then I'll continue using tequila, and I need to know if someone has managed to fix this issue, or at least looked into it. I've got several toon concepts I haven't been able to test because of this problem, and any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Game Master

I don't know if it's going to get an updated patch to be honest. Eventually we will probably move completely to the new launcher and stop supporting Tequila which is old, outdated, highly unsecure and open to hacking, and hasn't been updated in years.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I don't know if it's going to get an updated patch to be honest. Eventually we will probably move completely to the new launcher and stop supporting Tequila which is old, outdated, highly unsecure and open to hacking, and hasn't been updated in years.

From what I've read here and there on the forums, I'm wondering if it's maybe time to trim Tequila down to Live only in transition to HC Launcher only.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 7 months later
On 9/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, GM Crumpet said:

sry for grave digging an old thread but i like to give my opinion to this.
if you abandon Tequila by making those Manifests not work anymore you basically make any launcher unusuable for Homecoming which is not the Homecoming launcher (Sunrise, CreamSoda, Sweet Tea, Island Rum and all those other Launchers which are currently in development)
which is kind of a kick in the ass for people who like to play on other servers to, because it requires you to have to seperate launchers.

Dont get me wrong Homecoming is great but not the only great server out there

• Thanks 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

5 hours ago, jkwak said:

sry for grave digging an old thread but i like to give my opinion to this.
if you abandon Tequila by making those Manifests not work anymore you basically make any launcher unusuable for Homecoming which is not the Homecoming launcher (Sunrise, CreamSoda, Sweet Tea, Island Rum and all those other Launchers which are currently in development)
which is kind of a kick in the ass for people who like to play on other servers to, because it requires you to have to seperate launchers.

Dont get me wrong Homecoming is great but not the only great server out there

The Homecoming launcher is pretty great. I recommend switching if you haven't already. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

19 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The Homecoming launcher is pretty great. I recommend switching if you haven't already. 

Homecoming isnt the only server i play on though and the Homecoming Launcher only launches Homecoming, which is okay if you only play on homecoming

• Thumbs Up 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

17 hours ago, jkwak said:

Homecoming isnt the only server i play on though and the Homecoming Launcher only launches Homecoming, which is okay if you only play on homecoming

My recommendation is to use HC launcher for homecoming, and Tequila for the others. Too many things have been changed in the way HC servers are set up, thats the reason for their own dedicated launcher and it is the best launcher for accessing the HC servers.

I could see this being more of an issue if you had to have an install of an entirely different game on your hard drive ( client side ), but the Launcher is only 500kb. That's all that's on your computer. HC Launcher is much more secure and designed specifically to run the HC Version of CoH. This in no way prevents you from having other Launchers for other servers, and It has been public knowledge for a long time that their plan was to move away from Tequilla and Island Rum. The HC Crew is just trying to give us the best, most secure experience that they can, and it is not meant as anything against other servers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X