Shang-Chi

The Final Boss Fight did feel a little shoehorned in at the end. It might have been neater if said legendary spirit of evil decided to fight using his dad's bod and the Ten Rings, which would then have allowed it to speak through and taunt/tempt our hero (in a similar way to how it used their mother's voice to twist the dad's will.)

Then the big dragon could have finished it off.

Also, I would like to complain about a factual error here. It is well known that all Chinese luckdragons have big fuzzy bellies that they love being rubbed and big fluffy ears to scratch and are Very Good Boys indeed. YES THEY ARE. OH YES THEY ARE

559700600_Screenshot2022-01-06at16_47_12.thumb.png.0ee9d10a6218d9e0f921a9c782b42ade.png

• Haha 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Since it's been so long since the people of that mystical town had sealed the soul eater thingy away, you'd think that they might want to build up a natural wall over the dragon scale one - maybe disguise it a bit.  Heck, since it was possible for people from the outside world to get there, (regardless of how unlikely it was to happen), why not setup a fake portal far far away from the town - let some baddies waste their time with it, (set up plenty of traps for the fools that attempt it, though).

14 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I liked it.  It was better than I expected.  I probably would have liked it better without the dragons.

Oh, c'mon. Everything's better with dragons. Even car chases.

• Like 1

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

That's some Buster Keaton-level stuff right there.

That's only the first half of that bit.

There's a whole lot more Lloyd-level lunacy through the movie - involving a china shop, the world's most dangerous bedroom farce, and why I always tag my luggage.
Oh, and Madeleine Kahn's in it, stealing any scene that isn't nailed down. (But - fair warning - any time she shows up, get earplugs.)

Hauling this back to relevancy: great physical stunt and wire work in Shang-Chi, especially the bus bit - more fun with SF's hills, kung-fu dating, and the Macau scaffolding. You can throw all the CGI you want at something but feels so much better when it's real.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Like 1