Purple drops. Anyone else see a change?

Snarky

I know the RNG is fickle and also that perception is decidedly odd. Still i have not had a purple drop in quite a while.  Although the pvp drop rate is solid as heck.  Anyone else notice the same?

Edited by Snarky

Pure Anecdote: I haven't been doing content where I would expect(*1) to get Purple recipe drops, yet I got one in the past week from play.

(*1) Such content for me is Heather Townshend's Dark Astoria arc set at 0x8, solo. Clear every map of all four missions. This takes about 30 minutes (YMMV depending on AT) and has (roughly, by my estimate) a 40% of dropping a Purple recipe.

I don't think there is anything special about that arc distinct from any other content, it just happens to be one that I frequently ran.

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

Sorry, Snarky. The RNG likes me more than you. If you want some let me know, I have over a thousand of them stashed. I'm only holding on to them in the event farming gets nerfed and the price of purples go up due to less supply. 

Thanks but i too just grab them to store.  I have only got around 50 stashed though.  Much as i love them they are not that easy to cram onto a high end build except for the random proc. The set bonuses, while high, are somewhat awkward except for the recharge and accuracy

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Thanks but i too just grab them to store.  I have only got around 50 stashed though.  Much as i love them they are not that easy to cram onto a high end build except for the random proc. The set bonuses, while high, are somewhat awkward except for the recharge and accuracy

The set bonuses, aside from recharge are pretty much...well, not worth it. With the ATOs, and the newer sets like Reactive Defenses and Preventative Medicine offering 8.75%, I find myself able to skip purples entirely. Procs, as you say, can be quite useful, tho. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ukase said:

The set bonuses, aside from recharge are pretty much...well, not worth it. With the ATOs, and the newer sets like Reactive Defenses and Preventative Medicine offering 8.75%, I find myself able to skip purples entirely. Procs, as you say, can be quite useful, tho. 

Each to their own taste. I have at least one %proc heavy Controller build that relies on the Accuracy bonuses from purple sets to help those %damage attacks land.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just don't group with the villain named Purple Drop Thief and his sidekick RNGudas. I did that last week and I got no purple drops and I lost 30 from my inventory .   oh well.  In hindsight there might have been clues.  

• Haha 3

I wish there was some way to automate whenever the "are purples nerfed?" thread pops up both here and in-game.  If I were in charge I'd require people to show their t-test and confidence intervals results before continuing once key words like "purple" "drop" or "rate" are used.  If you don't have any data to back it up, you got nuthin'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I craft the purple and PVP drops and sell them. If I need a set I buy them. I feel like it's inefficient to store the recipes.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Dual boxed last night and got a purple on each character. Seems to be working fine. :classic_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Anecdotally, my street-level characters are still picking up purples at random, but my farmers are getting the stinkeye from RNG.  They SEEM to get a reprieve whenever a new issue/update drops, or if I take them out for a night on the town, but if they stay in the caves exclusively, then only the door-sitter has any hope of getting a purple. 

Not that I mind that much these days; I rarely slot purples anymore, so I am much happier when I get a Doctored Wounds, a Red Fortune, or a Titanium Coating than I am with a purple.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I entered a +4/x8 radio mission solo two days ago and got 2 purples from the very first group I fought, within seconds of each other.  Yesterday I got two more on one mission.  So, I'd also say the opposite.

Purples are (usually) rare enough that you'll just end up going on streaks of not getting them I think.

depends what i do if i go do +4 ITF they never drop i have however gotten one this week from a level 49 risk vs reward i suppose since i was all alone against that ebil very hard lvl 49 CoT minion

Edited by PainX
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 5:07 AM, Snarky said:

I know the RNG is fickle and also that perception is decidedly odd. Still i have not had a purple drop in quite a while.  Although the pvp drop rate is solid as heck.  Anyone else notice the same?

Just the opposite, recently.  More purples than PvP recipes over the past few weeks.

To be fair, I'm talking about a small sampling since I don't farm much and have not farmed in months.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I seem to get them more often solo than on TFs. Ran the Sister Solaris arc a few days ago at +4/x4 and got 1 purple and 1 PVP recipe. (BTW, the last mission of that arc is fun.)

46 minutes ago, momentarygrace said:

All of you guys who are getting regular or frequent purple drops? Thank me now, you're getting some of mine? In my whole time on live and since HC opened up I have gotten 1 purple drop. To be fair I have only ever had one 50/incarnate, on both. But she gets diddly. 🙂

Have you run the Market Crash trial? The first time you complete it you're guaranteed to receive a purple recipe.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

1 minute ago, Uun said:

I seem to get them more often solo than on TFs. Ran the Sister Solaris arc a few days ago at +4/x4 and got 1 purple and 1 PVP recipe. (BTW, the last mission of that arc is fun.)

Have you run the Market Crash trial? The first time you complete it you're guaranteed to receive a purple recipe.

Yes! Once... 🙂 

I'm not complaining, I do a lot of soloing. ^_^

I have ran different toons through my farms on 2 different farmers for weeks and have gotten a total of 3 purples and 2 of those dropped last night.

A fellow farmer pointed out awhile ago that he hasn't gotten any purps in months and he's lvl 1100 now. He said they started drying up after lvl 500.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.