Entering Peregrine PPD station is borking PoV

Starhammer

Not sure if this is already known... probably is. But every time I enter the PPD in Peregrine Island, my point of view gets moved to an ant's eye view (or below the floor if I zoom out). It doesn't "technically" make the game unplayable... I can still fly, interact with stuff, fight, etc... but it's pretty hard to see what you're doing from that angle in effectively 1st person.

So, it's easy enough to fix by exiting the game and relaunching, but until that's done, every character logged in will suffer this glitch, which cannot be repaired any other way... camreset, zoning, teleporting... nada

Maybe one of the Devs could contact Monsters Inc and see about getting a new door for the building?

It doesnt happen every time to me.  Ive attempted different ways to cause or prevent it from happening but havent found anything.  It comes up in chat occasionally and i tell them to exit to desktop and relaunch.  As its the same for everyone that every character is borked at that point and nothing ingame will fix it.

I've had this bug a few times and have spent over an hour trying to replicate it to any degree of consistency. No success.

What's actually happening is your computer is deciding your character has no model, so the camera is zoomed to absolute 0 as if your character is microscopic.

It's known, but not well documented because it's so darn hard to repeat when you're actually trying.

Thankfully, as you pointed out, exiting game fixes it.