All out of Ideas -- Help me make my next Sentinal

Cyrickain13

All right last post I promise. I need to make a new sentinel. I do not want to copy what I already have. 

Suggest a power set and a theme and if I like I will make it. (see below - yellow I have made already!!) or suggest 1 Primary not to play and 2 secondary that are no good. 

Sentinel                    
1 50 Sonic Radiation       Radiation Blast   Bio Armor Super Reflexes
2 60 Dual Pistols Dark Armor     Assault Rifle Sonic Attacks   Dark Armor Willpower
3 27 Electrical Bio-Armor     Beam Rifle Water blast   Electric Armor  
4 25 Assault Rifle Invulnerability     Dark Blast     Energy Aura  
5 14 Energy Energy     Dual Pistols     Fiery Aura  
6           Electrical Blast     Ice Armor  
7           Energy Blast     Invulnerability  
8           Fire Blast     Ninjutsu  
9           Ice Blast    
Radiation Armor

10 1 Fire fire     Physic Blast     Regeneration  

I've been enjoying my Dark/Electric quite a lot... My character is intrusive thought syndrome (so I am actually dark/elec/psi) and it has been nice and there are several ways to make it work.

Looking at what else you have, Rad/WP should be a strong combo.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Elec/Elec! Remind your enemies that there is ABSOLUTELY no fun allowed within 10 yards!

Any theme works, especially true if you like retro/tech themes. I personally main an Elec/Elec/Mu and it's absolutely a riot to play

Watching various GM's/AV's stand around with no endurance doing absolutely nothing is great, or just entire groups of enemies staring menacingly with weapons drawn, doing nothing 😅.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Zerethon said:

Elec/Elec! Remind your enemies that there is ABSOLUTELY no fun allowed within 10 yards!

Any theme works, especially true if you like retro/tech themes. I personally main an Elec/Elec/Mu and it's absolutely a riot to play

Watching various GM's/AV's stand around with no endurance doing absolutely nothing is great, or just entire groups of enemies staring menacingly with weapons drawn, doing nothing 😅.

I am playing an electric/electric right now but my endurance is trash. Do you have a build you can share? I’m also only about level 30 ish so I know more good power is coming 🙂

2 hours ago, Klairahbelle said:

I am playing an electric/electric right now but my endurance is trash. Do you have a build you can share? I’m also only about level 30 ish so I know more good power is coming 🙂

I'll send you a message with the full mids build, but here you go (Stats are L50, just IO's/sets, no boosted IO's or incarnates):

ElecElecMuSentinel.thumb.png.ae4757af9665dfb888b2d6995d46d31e.png

(One minor change i just noticed, i have the synapse proc in STAMINA instead of an Endmod/Rech Perf shifter, and a different synshock in Short Circuit nowadays, i'll correct the file/build before i send it)

Doing the ouro intro arc i was on +1/x8 with no issues even on the shivan mission that i farmed a few times for the 200 shivan defeats badge (So that's +1x8 at Level 15, scaled down), +1/+2 x8 rikti misssions are easily solo'd, Neg/Psi you could do better, but they're a bit rarer and the heal/regen makes up for it, especially with SentWard procs and energize

I've got enough defense across the board to not care most of the time anyways, +4/x8 takes some extra movement if you're solo, but in a team, what bit of aggro you get or splash damage isn't generally even scary.

Incarns i run Agility Radial Alpha with Preemptive core interface for even more endurance drain and defense, Assault for hybrid to help with damage when needed. Ageless for more rech. Ion Judgement Cage form + Storm elementals because why not fully be the fun police?

more or less, even scaled down to the earliest TF's +0/+2 x8 is doable, and the higher the level the easier it gets, L50+ +1/+4 is all equally doable, as long as you prioritize the right targets or just nuke all their end to 0 and keep it there

Even GM's/AV's are easily tanked if you shred their end to nothing, carry some standard-issue poison daggers for the -regen and you can even solo quite a few.

It's definitely not as speciallized as some builds, or as purely deadly/durable, but it also can basically plow through enemies with little care. Regardless of what they are (Just watch for toxic damage)

And yes, there's no travel power until technically 50, you don't need it. LR+Swift+Sprint+NR/AR/BR can hit over 80mph run speed, without NR/AR/BR you run around 65-70mph with just sprint, once you get infil it's an LOTG holder but it replaces NR/AR/BR when you're not scaled down. You can swap it for power surge while finishing the build to help with resistances in sketchy situations, but mind the crash.

Oh yeah, never forget that the heal has a +regen and -end cost effect as well, so even if you're not NEEDING it as a heal, it's still worth popping for those buffs

Edited by Zerethon
derp
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I'd also recommend Electric / Electric. My build is a bit different than the one Zerethon posted. I think the main thing I would suggest that's different is I would proc the heck outta everything, but especially Tesla Cage:

Tesla Cage: Unbreakable Constraint (Chance for Smashing Damage), Apocalypse (Damage), Gladiator's Javelin (Chance for Toxic Damage), Neurotic Shutdown (Chance for Psionic Damage), Gladiator's Net (Chance for Lethal Damage), Ghost Widow's Embrace (Chance for Psionic Damage)

Edited by dtjunkie