Any new system, update or new costume pieces coming soon? I think its needed

Mariposa

6 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Why don't you 'pop' over there and check out the quality of their work. I'm sure you'll last a whole 20 mins or so. I checked out that stuff and its of such poor quality with awful clipping and animations...I could go on. 

There's probably a not-insignificant number of players who don't really care about the clipping and just want to use the costume pieces. That being said, I don't think this is a fair assessment of Rebirth. Their content and additions are fairly well-polished and I would kill for Guardians over here on HC. The only thing I don't like about Rebirth is their insistence on maintaining "the grind" as part of the core gameplay experience.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 minute ago, macskull said:

There's probably a not-insignificant number of players who don't really care about the clipping and just want to use the costume pieces. That being said, I don't think this is a fair assessment of Rebirth. Their content and additions are fairly well-polished and I would kill for Guardians over here on HC. The only thing I don't like about Rebirth is their insistence on maintaining "the grind" as part of the core gameplay experience.

Sure. Some do, some don't. I do not. The clipping etc looks unprofessional and isn't for me. Props to them for being so bold but I prefer a more polished product.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I've asked a few times about creating an AE based system where players can contribute and missions can be added on a frequent basis. I'm hoping this system is in the works. It would be impossible for the Dev team to keep up so here's to that.

Hola.  Not seen you in a bit!

This would be lovely.  As you know I had a bodged together hybrid proposal on this a while back.  BUT...and I hate saying it...quality control.  How on earth would you have that short of constant competitions to build missions and the GMs spending most of their time playing them?  Still, don't ask don't get, so...

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Why don't you 'pop' over there and check out the quality of their work. I'm sure you'll last a whole 20 mins or so. I checked out that stuff and its of such poor quality with awful clipping and animations...I could go on. 

Well, your name checks out, I'll say that.

All smart alec'ness aside, I have checked out Thunderspy a while back and don't disagree with you.  I haven't taken the time to check out Rebirth because I just don't have the time.  I'm sorry to hear their QC is lacking.

3 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Sure. Some do, some don't. I do not. The clipping etc looks unprofessional and isn't for me. Props to them for being so bold but I prefer a more polished product.

And I've encountered clipping on HC as well.  Had to spend quite a while finding a work around for the last costume I was making.  I guess it's just a question of how much clipping is too much.  And that's going to be an individual preference.

I too would love to see Guardians over here but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

As you know I had a bodged together hybrid proposal on this a while back.  BUT...and I hate saying it...quality control.  How on earth would you have that short of constant competitions to build missions and the GMs spending most of their time playing them?  Still, don't ask don't get, so...

Yeah, it takes a lot of combing over something to make sure, there's not some hidden detail that could cause problems like racist material or copyright violation, plus then there's checking the playability of it all, making sure it's not exploitable for easy loot, etc.  This wouldn't simply a matter of the mods playing through it once, stamping it with a blue check mark and then moving on.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Darmian said:

Hola.  Not seen you in a bit!

This would be lovely.  As you know I had a bodged together hybrid proposal on this a while back.  BUT...and I hate saying it...quality control.  How on earth would you have that short of constant competitions to build missions and the GMs spending most of their time playing them?  Still, don't ask don't get, so...

Totally agree but the quality control piece/play through/review could be done by additional volunteers added to the Dev team. These volunteers would not need to be coders etc but could be dedicated to playing the AE submissions, reviewing story etc and making sure it's all clear and proper. Once it is reviewed then it could be added by the Devs who are tech savvy and so on.

I'd suggest an AE review team of maybe half-dozen. Then allow for a thread where 10 submissions can be made per month (then the thread is locked for that month). AE story Devs can play and review, chat with the authors for fixes then look at adding the mission. If the submission has more than minor issues then it is rejected and the player can re-submit at a later date. Anyway, just some ideas for adding more content.

This also empowers the players and creates another big area of interest.

4 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

Well, your name checks out, I'll say that.

All smart alec'ness aside, I have checked out Thunderspy a while back and don't disagree with you.  I haven't taken the time to check out Rebirth because I just don't have the time.  I'm sorry to hear their QC is lacking.

Does it check out for you? I'm so glad 🙂

9 hours ago, Darmian said:

...BUT...and I hate saying it...quality control.  How on earth would you have that short of constant competitions to build missions and the GMs spending most of their time playing them?  Still, don't ask don't get, so...

The same way that is being done _right now_. You have the playerbase do the dirty work, and when you have something that the playerbase has beaten the author into shape about, THEN you take the largely refined product and pass it to the devs for several passes before a shift out of AE and into the actual game world.

Be aware that A LOT of effort goes into validating, cleaning up, and managing new mishs/arcs into the game world, much of it (hey spelling, spelling, grammar, spelling, moar spelling, possible grammar, duplicate name, duplicate task title, odd characters) which sucks up a lot of time.

6 minutes ago, Hew said:

Be aware that A LOT of effort goes into validating, cleaning up, and managing new mishs/arcs into the game world, much of it (hey spelling, spelling, grammar, spelling, moar spelling, possible grammar, duplicate name, duplicate task title, odd characters) which sucks up a lot of time.

Oh I am well aware of all that, at least in an AE sense.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I'll repeat that before AE can be used as a content generator, we'll need a tag to sort out stories from farms.  With every fire farm having eleventy billion five star ratings, its near impossible to find anything that isn't dev choiced in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

1 hour ago, skoryy said:

I'll repeat that before AE can be used as a content generator, we'll need a tag to sort out stories from farms.  With every fire farm having eleventy billion five star ratings, its near impossible to find anything that isn't dev choiced in there.

Simple tick box.  All AEs will be auto classed as a farm UNLESS YOU TICK THE BOX SAYING SFMA (or whatever term is decided upon). Story creators WILL do this, farmers won't bother and it won't matter. 

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3