Is farming an imbalanced method of earning ingame rewards?

Just now, Neiska said:

By "nerfing farms", you are, penalizing farmers. I am not suggesting anything. "You" are the one saying all activities should be equal, regardless activity type, and by extension, other factors such as how many enemies there are, how fast you complete, etc. I mean, if you want to split hairs here, you have to click a Glowie in farms to complete. So in essence, they "are" doing missions too.

But *I* did not ever suggest nerfing farms. In fact it was the devs that nerfed AE rewards already. So why do you keep coming at me like I am threatening your plaything?

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And yet speed runs are specifically done so that those doing them can farm merits at a vastly accelerated rate compared to those doing the content "normally." Why should the speed runners be punished?

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what time gating is for. And I hate it too, so, AGAIN, I am NOT suggesting changing ANY rewards in this game.

Just talking about what I think a good design would be. Why are you triggered?

Just now, Wavicle said:

Because you're incapable of having a civil discussion with someone with whom you disagree? I guess so. Lock it down.

I'm capable, you ignore other peoples comments or opinions, as if your own were superior in the matter. You make vague statements, then when someone calls you on them, you claim strawman, when its your own point that gets questioned. You say you want all activities equal, and yet claim you aren't out to penalize people who play more efficiently than others, which in a sense, 100% is affecting their gameplay, despite your protests of "I'm not after your plaything".

• Thumbs Down 1
1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what time gating is for. And I hate it too, so, AGAIN, I am NOT suggesting changing ANY rewards in this game.

Just talking about what I think a good design would be. Why are you triggered?

If I was triggered, you'd know it and I'd get another ban. What we're attempting to get you to see is that the desire to socialize in game rewards is BAD game design because all it accomplishes in the end is a very boring game where no one bothers to push the limits because there is no worthwhile reward for doing so.

• Thumbs Up 2
12 minutes ago, skoryy said:

Oh hey, its another tell.

Oh yea? What is it telling? Because, yet again, I have not suggested making any changes and I've repeatedly said I don't think there's a problem with the economy. So please, what have you been told because I noted that people seem to get very defensive of their efficient rewards even when no one is trying to taking them away but merely talking about reward rates?

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Oh yea? What is it telling?

That you came here to provoke a reaction.  And you did.  Congratulations.  Now welcome to my ignore list.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Starwave  Wolfhound  Actionette  Nightlight