Failed farmer

Diantane

So I read that Rad/Fire Brutes are pretty good farmers. Make one and finally get him to 50. It was a hard struggle in teams because I died many, many times. End was also a major concern. Even with an end enh in every attack, consume was not enough. At 50 I got all enhancements to 50 SO's. Also running tough and weave fully slotted with SO's.

So I go  into AE Fire Farm with no lethal. Go in and my health dropped "very" fast. Was able to get out before dieing. Quit that task force and set missions to -1x8. Tried again and again health dropped rapidly. Tried again at -1x4 --- Died in 5 seconds.

Don't know what I read before, but this character sucks.

First, do you mean radiation melee/fire armor, or fire melee/radiation armor?

Second, were all your toggles on?

Third, was your fire resistance 90%, and defense 45%?

May want to double check. Not implying anything on your game knowledge or skill, but a fire armor properly slotted should be able to get up, go to a 4 year educational program, come home, and still be alive and well, at least vs fire damage enemies.

Edited by Neiska
goofed up powersets question

6 minutes ago, Diantane said:

So I read that Rad/Fire Brutes are pretty good farmers. Make one and finally get him to 50. It was a hard struggle in teams because I died many, many times. End was also a major concern. Even with an end enh in every attack, consume was not enough. At 50 I got all enhancements to 50 SO's. Also running tough and weave fully slotted with SO's.

So I go  into AE Fire Farm with no lethal. Go in and my health dropped "very" fast. Was able to get out before dieing. Quit that task force and set missions to -1x8. Tried again and again health dropped rapidly. Tried again at -1x4 --- Died in 5 seconds.

Don't know what I read before, but this character sucks.

If you are focusing on Fire-damage only farms in AE, you want to make sure you have 45% defense to Fire and 90% resistance to Fire. Then focus on recharge and then damage procs on Burn and the AoEs. 

If you are focusing on Lethal, Smashing, and Fire Damage in AE or outside of AE, I started a thread about using my Radiation Melee / Fire Armor Brute secondary build for this purpose. I used Outrider's build in the thread and I farm Peregrine Island Portal missions for this purpose:

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 minutes ago, Diantane said:

Tried again at -1x4 --- Died in 5 seconds.

On SOs? I need video as I'm calling BS. I say this as someone who solo PLed a Spines/fire to 50 and was doing +2/x8 with common level 25 IOs.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

FYI, Tough doesn't do much against fire based attacks, and it isn't in my build. I can currently dual box +4/x8.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

Could you post your build, and maybe a description of your strategy in the mission (do you use binds to combine inspirations, that kind of thing)?  I'm pretty sure that there are people around who will be able to help you improve it and farm satisfactorily.

I leveled up a self-funding Spines/Fire farming brute according to @FourSpeed's Low Budget Fire Farmer guide.  I've never actually used it much, truth be told, but it certainly seemed to perform as described.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Could you post your build, and maybe a description of your strategy in the mission (do you use binds to combine inspirations, that kind of thing)?  I'm pretty sure that there are people around who will be able to help you improve it and farm satisfactorily.

I leveled up a self-funding Spines/Fire farming brute according to @FourSpeed's Low Budget Fire Farmer guide.  I've never actually used it much, truth be told, but it certainly seemed to perform as described.

Same guide I used. I didn't use sets until I hit 50.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I also built a self funded low budget farmer as described by that low budget fire farm guide mentioned by @Grouchybeast.  Works well.  The only issue my final build has that the post doesn't is that I didn't fully max out my fire defense so I cannot AFK farm 4/8 which is fine for me.  I just pop a purple once in a while and I'm fine.  My reason for this is I do run the character outside of AE once in a while so my build is also viable outside of a fire farm.  It can't run as the MBT but I can certainly handle the alpha and incoming attacks long enough for a team to take out everything in a spawn.

32 minutes ago, iBot said:

I also built a self funded low budget farmer as described by that low budget fire farm guide mentioned by @Grouchybeast.  Works well.  The only issue my final build has that the post doesn't is that I didn't fully max out my fire defense so I cannot AFK farm 4/8 which is fine for me.  I just pop a purple once in a while and I'm fine.  My reason for this is I do run the character outside of AE once in a while so my build is also viable outside of a fire farm.  It can't run as the MBT but I can certainly handle the alpha and incoming attacks long enough for a team to take out everything in a spawn.

To be fair, it is a budget build. I even saw some basic changes in the build which would have made it better, but it would cost more. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

You absolutely don’t need 45% fire defense to farm. You only need 45% fire defense to farm completely AFK. 

None of my farmers take healing flames because it’s useless to a fully kitted out fire farmer (except as a set bonus mule), but if you do use it whenever it’s up, you can easily make a very cheap build work vs +4x8.

Edited by arcane

Ill concur on not needing the 45 def to farm My fire rad doesnt have it,  So i cant afk farm

really its as ive said before 90% fire resistance is fine but at +4/x8 that last 10% stacks up pretty bloody fast so you have to be on your toes

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

You absolutely don’t need 45% fire defense to farm. You only need 45% fire defense to farm completely AFK. 

None of my farmers take healing flames because it’s useless to a fully kitted out fire farmer (except as a set bonus mule), but if you do use it whenever it’s up, you can easily make a very cheap build work vs +4x8.

That is a fair statement. I should've clarified that I use the insp-combine macro for reds and I don't rely on healing flames. I also tend to farm passively with my first build, while I use my second build for active farming.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The character is Radiation Melee, Fiery Aura. Fire resistance is 63%. Defense is 7.5%. This is the highest I can get with 2 Single Origin enhancements in the Fire and Plasma shields (31.5%).  Plus two Resist Damage SO's in Temperature Protection (31.5%). Combat Jumping has one SO defense (2.255) and Weave has two (5.25%). No idea how you came up with 45% defense.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Edited by Diantane
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Diantane said:

The character is Radiation Melee, Fiery Aura. Fire resistance is 63%. Defense is 7.5%. This is the highest I can get with 2 Single Origin enhancements in the Fire and Plasma shields.  Combat Jumping has one SO defense (2.255) and Weave has two (5.25%). No idea how you came up with 45% defense.   

You're just not going to get where you want to be with SO enhancements.

3 minutes ago, Diantane said:

The character is Radiation Melee, Fiery Aura. Fire resistance is 63%. Defense is 7.5%. This is the highest I can get with 2 Single Origin enhancements in the Fire and Plasma shields.  Combat Jumping has one SO defense (2.255) and Weave has two (5.25%). No idea how you came up with 45% defense.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Get temperature protection until you have IO’s so you can be at 90% res.

45% comes from IO set bonuses primarily. Some people get some defense toggles in the mix too there, but you’ll need bonuses either way.