Jump to content

Paragon Dance Party deserves an update.


Recommended Posts

there should be an SG portal in there, and an exploration badge, as well as a day job power.  perhaps also add a door from pocket D to Paragon Dance party somewhere.   Paragon Dance Party was the original hang out place before Pocket D, and I still prefer it... It's my dream to once again see PDP full of people.  I think making it easier to access would help a lot.....  also add it to long range teleporter...  *^_^*

 

i'm pretty sure nobody would complain about these additions *^_^* who doesnt love paragon dance party?  my favorite novelty area in the game by far.  ❤️ pre-NCsoft buyout COH...

PDPSGportal.png

Edited by Azari
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted this a while back.  PDP was part of the suggestion.

 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/26440-random-thoughts-on-leveraging-the-ae-for-tip-like-missions/

 

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079)Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

 Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)* | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)* | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403)* | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140)* The Eve of War (Arc id 41583)*

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617)* | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)*

(*Pre War Praetorian Loyalist. * Pre War Praetorian Resistance.. * Pre ITF Cimerora. * Post ITF Cimerora. Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just in the zone the other day and I enjoyed the techno beats on repeat. Is this a hero only zone?

 

Edit: Thanks @Darmian, also HC Wiki for the win! Paragon Dance Party

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glacier Peak said:

I was just in the zone the other day and I enjoyed the techno beats on repeat. Is this a hero only zone?

It is.

 

But the Rikti Monkey Fight Club in Sharkhead is a villain only zone, so that balances out.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079)Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

 Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)* | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)* | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403)* | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140)* The Eve of War (Arc id 41583)*

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617)* | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)*

(*Pre War Praetorian Loyalist. * Pre War Praetorian Resistance.. * Pre ITF Cimerora. * Post ITF Cimerora. Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh I always preferred the music in Paragon Dance Party over pocket D....  PDP just has the most nostalgic atmosphere... It simply deserves more love.

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, krj12 said:

Never knew this existed, where is it?

 

There are doors for the zone in Steel Canyon, Independence Port and...Skyway?  Can never remember where the third door is.

  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azari said:

tbh I always preferred the music in Paragon Dance Party over pocket D....

 

"Wugga-buggle sugga-wobba SOMETHING THE HOUSE!" — okay, heard that repeat about 1,000 times too many.

 

Quote

  PDP just has the most nostalgic atmosphere... It simply deserves more love.

 

I'd like to see... ANY other player in there sometime, yeah. Hook it back into reality more.

 

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

 

There are doors for the zone in Steel Canyon, Independence Port and...Skyway?  Can never remember where the third door is.

north and south doors in steel canyon, independence port (on terra volta island) and talos island.  (talos island you can use the side door or the movie theater door)  during live it was never on the map, but in homecoming they added it to the map.  check it out some time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

 

"Wugga-buggle sugga-wobba SOMETHING THE HOUSE!" — okay, heard that repeat about 1,000 times too many.

 

 

I'd like to see... ANY other player in there sometime, yeah. Hook it back into reality more.

 

i always thought in pocket D it was saying "the breffers and the jeffers & the U.K. in the house"  whatever the hell that means.

 

i'm in paragon dance party quite a bit on the everlasting server.  i even have a paragon dance party themed SG in response to the other club themed SG's... it's called The Cryptic Underground.  only two members so far so LMK if you wanna join.  the other clubs are just copy "cats"!

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried to parse out that line many times and all that really comes in clear is IN THE HOUSE! Which is why I like the techno over in PDP... reminds me of walking down the mile of techno clubs in Dusseldorf.

  • Like 1
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I've tried to parse out that line many times and all that really comes in clear is IN THE HOUSE! Which is why I like the techno over in PDP... reminds me of walking down the mile of techno clubs in Dusseldorf.

If anyone knows what the real lyrics are, i'd love to hear

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Azari said:

north and south doors in steel canyon, independence port (on terra volta island) and talos island.  (talos island you can use the side door or the movie theater door)  during live it was never on the map, but in homecoming they added it to the map.  check it out some time.

There's a homeless guy by the door just north of the theatre in Talos Island; if you click on him, he'll tell you that the PDP is gone, and to go away:

 

[NPC] Bum: Hellooooo! Resting here! No Paragon Dance Party if you didn't notice. Go to Pocket D. Now kindly LEAVE.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, srmalloy said:

There's a homeless guy by the door just north of the theatre in Talos Island; if you click on him, he'll tell you that the PDP is gone, and to go away:

 

[NPC] Bum: Hellooooo! Resting here! No Paragon Dance Party if you didn't notice. Go to Pocket D. Now kindly LEAVE.

 

he's lying.  crazy bum. probably strung out on weird rikti drugs and thinks it's still 2012.   click on the door, it's open.

 

another good point though.  The devs should remove the bums and put the PDP posters back up.  only the south steel canyon entrance still has posters if i remember correctly

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...