Nictus guns for the Council

Wavicle

Give the Council a couple of Nictus weapon mobs at level 40 or 45+ that do unresistable Nicti damage not just to Kheldians, but to Everyone.

AFAIK they are the only enemy group that does not really get more dangerous at the high levels.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Wavicle changed the title to Nictus guns for the Council
13 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Give the Council a couple of Nictus weapon mobs at level 40 or 45+ that do unresistable Nicti damage not just to Kheldians, but to Everyone.

AFAIK they are the only enemy group that does not really get more dangerous at the high levels.

Technically the Galaxies are "nictus weapons" themselves (along with some of the Vampyri and War Wolves.)  ;)

However, Nictus damage was "designed" specifically to counter Kheldians, lorewise. It wouldn't make sense to have that start damaging everyone. (And that damage type was pretty well gutted - Qs and Vs just do negative energy damage now.)

(Heh. The image in my mind right now is someone with a powerful magnet going "I've scrambled these drives, you'll never get the data off... And now I'm going to scramble you!" Then trying to stick the magnet on someone and watching it fall off. That's pretty much Nictus damage vs Khelds, versus everyone else.)

7 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

At high level they should have Praetorian Resistance guns and occasional Resistance advisors.

This, however, makes sense, given the Calvin Scott arc (I'm forgetting who actually gives the missions.) Plus they've gotten their hands on War Walkers. I'm sure had Live been live longer, we'd see them appearing more (I'd hope we would.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 hours ago, Greycat said:

Technically the Galaxies are "nictus weapons" themselves (along with some of the Vampyri and War Wolves.)  😉

However, Nictus damage was "designed" specifically to counter Kheldians, lorewise. It wouldn't make sense to have that start damaging everyone. (And that damage type was pretty well gutted - Qs and Vs just do negative energy damage now.)

(Heh. The image in my mind right now is someone with a powerful magnet going "I've scrambled these drives, you'll never get the data off... And now I'm going to scramble you!" Then trying to stick the magnet on someone and watching it fall off. That's pretty much Nictus damage vs Khelds, versus everyone else.)

This, however, makes sense, given the Calvin Scott arc (I'm forgetting who actually gives the missions.) Plus they've gotten their hands on War Walkers. I'm sure had Live been live longer, we'd see them appearing more (I'd hope we would.)

That would be sufficient, I think.

The reason I thought of Nictus instead of Resistance is because, correct me if I'm wrong, they already gave the Family resistance weapons and I wanted to come up with a different solution.

41 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

The reason I thought of Nictus instead of Resistance is because, correct me if I'm wrong, they already gave the Family resistance weapons and I wanted to come up with a different solution.

That's certainly true, but they could easily do both.  They could also give Council some IDF tech instead considering the UPA also has IDF and DUST members among their ranks (plus the whole War Walker business).  Imagine Council Archons with DUST Plasma Cannons or IDF missile packs or maybe some Zenith Mech Men could also incorporate the Battle Orb auras and similar plasma cannons.

Speaking of War Walkers, how hard would it be to add those to Council spawns 40+?  It would be a neat extra boss to run into, though I guess making them fit into confined spaces is the problem they have.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.