trying to get the game to work.

Relvinian

I installed the game with the homecoming launcher. (Windows 10)

I login to the game and it says I'm logged in.

I hit play it goes to loading for a second then nothing happens.

No idea.  Thoughts?  Advice?\

Turned on debug mode it said error log starting ignore: D

Edited by Relvinian

Almost ALWAYS your AV or Firewall having a popup in the background waiting for approval on the First launch. Even with them Paused (AVG, etc), they'll still block the game apparently, so you may need to close the app. Also, set the whole folder to be white listed by that security.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

16 hours ago, Relvinian said:

I installed the game with the homecoming launcher. (Windows 10)

I login to the game and it says I'm logged in.

I hit play it goes to loading for a second then nothing happens.

No idea.  Thoughts?  Advice?\

Turned on debug mode it said error log starting ignore: D

As @WanderingAries mentioned - try temporarily disabling your firewall, or whitelist/allow CoH and Tequila, then try again.  Hope that helps!

Will work best when installed in a location not controlled by Windows such as a Games folder directly on your hard drive. Otherwise Windows will interfere in it's updates and operation, especially if it is in Program Files or the Desktop. 

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Just curious... these days a Laptop that cant handle CoX? Id understand if it cant run max details if it has Onboard GPU only , bit otherwise even 5+ years old Laptops should be more as sufficient. Well theres always the Possibility of Compatibility Issues with special GPU's or Processors but else?

Playing myself on a PC that was build 2010 for the Live Version and still working well even in Incarnate Trials and such.

Greetings

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

47 minutes ago, Relvinian said:

I want it to look halfway decent and not lag.

Lag is based on your connection speed, how far you are from the server, and whatever background tasks may be taking up CPU and/or internet-connection time.

Connection speed making a huge difference.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

As i suspected the Laptop itself has enough Power to run CoX flawlessly till 1 Point the Intel Graphic Processor.

Maybe the solution from this thread could help u with that :

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server