Human warshade build

human khelds

Bi-form khelds

The term human form represents a playstyle where one only uses the human and never shifts to another form. At least thats what it meant back in the day. A biformer likewise used two of the forms exclusively and a triform used all three. I see no benefit to calling someone who takes a form as a set mule only the same thing as someone who actually uses two forms. Their playstyles will be different, their build goals will be different, and he advice I'd give to someone claiming to be biform is quite different from what I'd give to someone only using human.

• Like 2

human khelds

Bi-form khelds

The term human form represents a playstyle where one only uses the human and never shifts to another form. At least thats what it meant back in the day. A biformer likewise used two of the forms exclusively and a triform used all three. I see no benefit to calling someone who takes a form as a set mule only the same thing as someone who actually uses two forms. Their playstyles will be different, their build goals will be different, and he advice I'd give to someone claiming to be biform is quite different from what I'd give to someone only using human.

If you change the definition of something you can call it whatever you want sure.

Bi-form means you TAKE one form.

Tri-form means you TAKE two forms.

What you "use" and "dont use" has nothing to do with it.

It has always been what you take.

• Sad 1

human khelds

Bi-form khelds

If you change the definition of something you can call it whatever you want sure.

Interesting take and totally wrong.  Microcosm is correct based on a CoH histrionical usage of the term.

human khelds

Bi-form khelds

Interesting take and totally wrong.  Microcosm is correct based on a CoH histrionical usage of the term.

If I have 2 million dollars in the bank but refuse to touch it I'm still a multimillionare.

If I am fluent in English and Spanish but refuse to ever speak Spanish I'm still bilingual.

• Like 1

I have to disagree as a build should be named for what it uses. People don't mention maneuvers or invis in their naming because they took it even though it's only as LotG mules. If someone is searching for a specific build and they want "Bi-form", they would expect that build to be making full use of 2 forms, which is not the case here.

Semantics aside, WS seems to be a pretty expensive thing to make it good (survivable), at least 500mil in enhancements, is there any way around this?

Semantics aside, WS seems to be a pretty expensive thing to make it good (survivable), at least 500mil in enhancements, is there any way around this?

Oh you can make it much cheaper. We were making perma eclipse builds before purples and pvp IOs. You can't necessearily do softcap and that, but perma eclipse for sure. You end up chasing things like posis blast and stupefy etc.

I have to disagree as a build should be named for what it uses. People don't mention maneuvers or invis in their naming because they took it even though it's only as LotG mules. If someone is searching for a specific build and they want "Bi-form", they would expect that build to be making full use of 2 forms, which is not the case here.

Maneuvers and invis are pool powers and everyone can get them.  They are not a tool in your main build whereas dwarf is weather you use it or not.

Hence my confusion as to when I was looking around at the forums for humanform builds and saw builds with dwarf in them.  They are biform not human. 

• 3 months later
On 6/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, Snixnix said:

[meaningless and contrary pedantic BS]

I own a microphone and a guitar.  Does that make me a musician?  No, it does not, since I can't sing or play.

I also own a busted up bicycle.  I don't ride it, so I'm not a bicyclist.  If I fixed it up and actually used it, then you could call me a bicyclist, until then, I am just a pedestrian.

What you have doesn't define who you are, what you do does.

• Like 2

• 2 months later
On 6/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, Microcosm said:

Oh you can make it much cheaper. We were making perma eclipse builds before purples and pvp IOs. You can't necessearily do softcap and that, but perma eclipse for sure. You end up chasing things like posis blast and stupefy etc.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:08 AM, Hopestar said:

I have a budget tri-form shade build w/ perma eclipse and 32.5 s/l defense in all forms in my build thread. The build uses both ATO sets but no purples, it could definitely be built for less than 500 mil and is very survivable.

@crakerhackerThere are other builds in my thread, including a human form shade build. It's a little on the expensive side but I don't think it will open in Pines though. I would suggest getting Mids Reborn as I don't think Pines is up-to date any longer. Perhaps this thread will give me a good reason to put a budget Human form shade build together... 

• 2 years later