My next MM

The_Warpact

8 hours ago, I-Dirty said:

Well my concern with "a little boring"  would be me going nope not doing this because im yawning lol

ive seen demons they look awesome. BUT looks dont necessarily mean anything in gameplay

Boring in the sense that the build runs itself, drop bots put on FF and its energizer bunny time they keep going and going.

Demons hands dine are probably the most powerful pets coupled with EA for example and you have a tank.

I had a demon/cold and it was my AV/GM killer, I favor necro heavily just because I like the debuffs, controls, and melee of the zombie/knights.

I only suggested bots/ff because its an easy set to start out on, sometimes the pets get alittle crazy and start running all over especially during battle and you can lose control fast.

Having macros or keybinds can greatly limit any issues and maintain control. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

16 hours ago, I-Dirty said:

Well my concern with "a little boring"  would be me going nope not doing this because im yawning lol

ive seen demons they look awesome. BUT looks dont necessarily mean anything in gameplay

Bots/Traps is pretty straight forward and still very solid defensively. You get a nice mexx protection in Forcefield generator in =Traps

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, I-Dirty said:

OMG I saw beasts/I think cold today. Is that complicated? Looked AMAZING and I love dogs 😄

If you're going to make your first MM ever, I'd probably steer clear of the melee pets, especially fast ones like beasts. Unless you exclusively solo, those pets have a nasty habit of running about and aggroing extra groups.

Your best bet is to start with any of the ranged pet sets (mercenaries, bots, demons). Necro would be an okay melee pet set since they shamble instead of zoom. For secondaries, anything you're familiar with from other AT's works, FF is a good starter choice as it's hands off and lets you get used to learning to control the pets. Sets like Electric Affinity are a lot busier and require more attention.

Edit: I forgot to include the link to the numpad binds. These things have made MM's so much better for me.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
forgot a link
  • Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I tried beast/cold once and I ended up retiring it.  A lack of healing and lack of resistance (since beasts are resistance heavy and play very well with resistance sets) made beast/cold not work well for me, my pets felt very fragile since they were so aggressive and the defense buffs didn't help as much as I hoped.  It's not bad though, and thematically it does work.  I did a beast/sonic instead and it gives most of my beasts 90% resistance.  They are almost invincible now!

Necromancer/dark has obvious synergy, both thematically and with their powers/debuffs.  I recommend it.  Necromancy itself isn't the strongest but the debuffs in dark miasma should help with that!

I had a bots/force field character on the original servers and it works fairly well.  I didn't do it this time though.  Instead I went with bots/traps and I have to say it has tremendous synergy and plays very well.  Either way, you won't go wrong. 

I tried mercs/traps briefly too but mercs in general are rather boring and disappointing, and the theme itself feels very generic.  It's not much fun.  ...but that's just my opinion.

These are the sets that I've played that I can comment on out of the ones you've recommended.  I can give my own suggestions too of course but I'll hold off unless you want them ^^

Edited by Ethereal Star

I love the way beasts look  just not sure of a secondary for them

How about beasts/EA?

Edited by I-Dirty

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

43 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

How about beasts/EA?

Beasts/EA should work just fine, though it will be extremely busy as beasts is one of the few primaries you want to take and use your personal attacks to build stacks so your beasts crit. I have one of these, but it's sitting at like level 18 and I haven't played her in months, so I can't comment too much to it until I break her out again.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

12 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Beasts/EA should work just fine, though it will be extremely busy as beasts is one of the few primaries you want to take and use your personal attacks to build stacks so your beasts crit. I have one of these, but it's sitting at like level 18 and I haven't played her in months, so I can't comment too much to it until I break her out again.

So no build huh? 😄 lol

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

43 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

So no build huh? 😄 lol

I've never made a build anway, so I'm not the person to ask for that sort of thing anyhow. 😅 A lot of times with MM's, you can mash builds together; find someone who's slotted EA in a way that looks good, then find someone who's done the same for beasts and put 'em together and see what works.

2 hours ago, I-Dirty said:

How about beasts/EA?

Beasts/time and beasts/nature are both strong.   IMO you can't go wrong with beasts since they clump together for good aoe healing.    Sure enemy aoe's can hurt them but it does all melee pets.    I can post a  beasts/ time build the next time I'm at my pc.   I can also send you a demons/nature build that is soooo fun.   You can just port it to beasts.  I would send you a beasts/nature one but I'm trying funky things with it now and it's all goofy. 

• Thanks 1

This is I believe the basic build of my Beast/Dark.  It is quite nice and tanky as the -tohit keeps you and your pets from getting hit.  As well Tar Patch keeps everyone together.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Dark Miasma
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Tar Patch -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Darkest Night -- Empty(A)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Call Ravens -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Howling Twilight -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Call Hawk -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Spirit Ward -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Assault -- Empty(A)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Tactics -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Oppressive Gloom -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Pack Mentality 
Level 12: Lioness 
Level 26: Dire Wolf 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;822;386;772;HEX;|
|78DA65D26B6AC2401007F00D2AA251ACB5A2A222D80A1221DAF60005EBA30F0382F|
|40945168D1A9A18490CB41F7B845EA467E885DA7A83741C470D64C9C2EE2FF3DF4D|
|B251DE5AB1AFEEC705130E2E756EDB4385DB4BD532B4F938A4F0A9360A306861E8A|
|5FD9DE1C0310C732E3755204ABCE73DF79BCE6422B7B8F53A54346E1B9C45FBA6A9|
|CB8385AA8E639BA1698D2094C0494FE563D5B267DA42C47947D7A6B365A1BDD046B|
|27757D3D1B7BB65E1894EA0B7D703264077E182C6EE828CDA56EE839B8AB508280F|
|200192004A17D609918450AEB29BF75E4B18E51152119208CA35D488B4BB88720C9|
|138D5C4519E20952049A0DC402A49A924CA33D4A4A82685528675D22469940EA432|
|2419945B901CAD9343F9AC3096A79A3C4A12D6299214517A902A9194500EA1A64C5|
|2467981E7A990545052505325A9A27CC307AC91D4505631C6641219E508520D9206|
|4AC1773A3D9F287B71FBBEB3FB8982085EF9F3C9AF4F563E6948BB3FC7AD7BC6A7D|
|27EF7336977BEEEB9B4FBDAEE3F45ABFA00|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Thumbs Up 1

Here  is my current Beasts /Time  MM build.  Very sturdy. and with damage procs for the MM attacks.   My Demon/Nature build is attached also, it's a really fun build.    very powerful.  I play them both like they are Controllers with great damage.  Nature uses Entangling Aura to lock down mobs.   The /time build just debuffs everything to hell and back and keeps things stunned.   I freaking love entangling aura.  Distortion Field on /Time is pretty nice also.

Seasons Change - Beasts-Time MM (live build 09-25-2021).mxd Heaven Hell - Demons Nature MM.mxd

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Here  is my current Beasts /Time  MM build.  Very sturdy. and with damage procs for the MM attacks.   My Demon/Nature build is attached also, it's a really fun build.    very powerful.  I play them both like they are Controllers with great damage.  Nature uses Entangling Aura to lock down mobs.   The /time build just debuffs everything to hell and back and keeps things stunned.   I freaking love entangling aura.  Distortion Field on /Time is pretty nice also.

Seasons Change - Beasts-Time MM (live build 09-25-2021).mxd 4.9 kB · 0 downloads Heaven Hell - Demons Nature MM.mxd 4.93 kB · 0 downloads

THanks

Appreciate it. Which one do you think is "easier" for the mm virgin that is I?

Edited by I-Dirty

well.  🙂  I find them both extremely easy to play once you have the build done.  You truly can't go wrong with either one,  people can make 100 different reasons on why one is better than the other, but it all comes down to what you find you like.  I truly believe that.   Once you hit 50 and get Clarion incarnate, it gets super easy because you don't get stunned and drop your main toggle ability.    One thing to think about is do you want a cone heal or a pbaoe heal?  Nature's heal allows you to stand back a bit.  Time has the pbaoe heal, Nature has the cone heal.   I have attached two bind files that you can use to make /Nature's cone heal really easy to use.  Once you load the bind files it will use the "H" key to face your heal target and then activate your heal when you release the key.   So you just have to click on the pet or team member in the group/pet window and then hit the "H" key and you will face and heal them.   I tend to like /Nature more but its really just personal preference. 

Another thing to try on your MM's is to macro your pet attack command and your MM attack to use 1 key.   It keeps your pets under tight control.

/macro Swarm "petComAll Attack$$powExecName Call Swarm"   is the example for Call Swarm. I use that for all my MM attacks.  

coneheal.txt coneheal2.txt

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

well.  🙂  I find them both extremely easy to play once you have the build done.  You truly can't go wrong with either one,  people can make 100 different reasons on why one is better than the other, but it all comes down to what you find you like.  I truly believe that.   Once you hit 50 and get Clarion incarnate, it gets super easy because you don't get stunned and drop your main toggle ability.    One thing to think about is do you want a cone heal or a pbaoe heal?  Nature's heal allows you to stand back a bit.  Time has the pbaoe heal, Nature has the cone heal.   I have attached two bind files that you can use to make /Nature's cone heal really easy to use.  Once you load the bind files it will use the "H" key to face your heal target and then activate your heal when you release the key.   So you just have to click on the pet or team member in the group/pet window and then hit the "H" key and you will face and heal them.   I tend to like /Nature more but its really just personal preference. 

Another thing to try on your MM's is to macro your pet attack command and your MM attack to use 1 key.   It keeps your pets under tight control.

/macro Swarm "petComAll Attack$$powExecName Call Swarm"   is the example for Call Swarm. I use that for all my MM attacks.  

coneheal.txt 50 B · 0 downloads coneheal2.txt 65 B · 0 downloads

And so Noobtastic is born... Demon/nature

Gonna roll with this

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

coneheal.txt 50 B · 0 downloads coneheal2.txt 65 B · 0 downloads

My head is hurting trying to figure out these keybinds....me should be brutus...:D

30 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

My head is hurting trying to figure out these keybinds....me should be brutus...:D

These are the most common macros for MM pet control. 
I use ATK and BG as my primary commands. 

/macro ATK "petcom_all aggressive$$petcom_all goto"
/macro DEF "petcom_all defensive$$petcom_all goto"
/macro BG "petcom_all defensive$$petcom_all follow"

ATK is a goto option that locks the pets in a specific area and gives them the kill all command.
DEF is the same as above but pets will only attack when fired upon the same as the rules of engagement that US troops do now.
BG the infamous bodyguard mode, puts pets on a defend the mm command.

I use BG during travel, between areas/rooms and as I'm running drop ATK in the middle of the mob. You want to be in supremacy range for your pets and what better way than for me their master than to be in the middle of combat. Hence, why I always shoot for high s/l res/def on my mm.

This is turn always you to soak up the alpha if no melee types are around. This will insure that no pets are lost in the initial strike, because, a mm with no pets is a sad, sad creature.

There are other commands, macros, etc that I have but you have to really dedicate yourself to the AT like I do, there are ones for the thug bruiser to act as the de facto tank of the group and can command him as such, ones to only attack ranged, etc.

These will get you started at least to make you a better casual or beginner mastermind.

• Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, mcdoogss said:

How about Demons/TA?  Is there any synergy there?  

i’m leveling a thugs/storm which is fun if not a bit late blooming, but I love the new TA set and have never tried it on a MM now have I ever built a demons MM

Just swap out Beast for Demons on the above build. 

I have a Thugs Storm at 50 and I am NOT feeling it.. 

On 9/24/2021 at 10:10 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

Edit: I forgot to include the link to the numpad binds. These things have made MM's so much better for me.

I cannot agree with this ENOUGH... 

You MUST use the Numpad.. It just really really really helps you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

I cannot agree with this ENOUGH... 

You MUST use the Numpad.. It just really really really helps you. 

Absolutely. 

I consider myself a pretty average/novice gamer, but I definitely think these numpad binds have made a huge difference in how I play my MM's. I still sometimes forget to do something exactly right in a group, or actually command the pet tiers separately, but I can't stress enough how amazing these are for keeping your pets under thumb.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:32 AM, Xandyr said:

I also have a necro/Thermal. It actually is a good powerset. I just hate the explosion of sound when you zone with necro. That's pretty much the reason I've given up on Necro. Isn't there a way to adjust sounds (and not just overall volume)? When you zone with Necro, the game plays the sound for all your summons at the same time, and it's annoying and loud.

Drove me crazy too, very easy fix can be found below (it is about half way down page 3 of the thread if the link doesn't take you there directly).   

Just download the "Necro ear saver" file and put it in the directory as it says.  Only drawback is Twilight Grasp uses the same sound file, so if you go necro/dark it makes your heal almost muted.  Any other secondary except dark and it is perfect though.  You'll also need to move the file out if/when you play any other dark miasma characters.

Edit:  Double checked where I had it and I actually put the file under data\Sound\Ogg\Frontend  

It works there for me so can try that spot too if needed.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, plainguy said:

Just swap out Beast for Demons on the above build. 

I have a Thugs Storm at 50 and I am NOT feeling it.. 

yeah I'm not at 50 yet on my thugs/Storm but it's definitely overall less powerful than my 50 Bots/Traps was while leveling.  I think that's entirely down to Traps just being a better set overall (prior to incarnates anyways) than Storm.  It's much more endurance friendly and FFG is a game changer due to the mez reisstance you just dont have in /Storm.  It makes those late 30s through mid 40s levels much much smoother for /Traps. because /storm won't have powers slotted well enough to even run all the defensive toggles to try to avoid avoid mezzes (at least not without just standing around doing nothing lol) through soft capping S/L/E.

Thugs is quite a bit more powerful overall than Bots.

Edited by mcdoogss