Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds

Oubliette_Red

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I seem to recall there was a spreadsheet with all the SFX names but I can't seem to find it.

I don't know which sound it is but the spreadsheet can be downloaded from this post.

Michiyo also uploaded some/all of the spreadsheet contents to the wiki at this page (it takes a while to load): https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Modding/Sounds/Powers

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I don't know which sound it is but the spreadsheet can be downloaded from this post.

Michiyo also uploaded some/all of the spreadsheet contents to the wiki at this page (it takes a while to load): https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Modding/Sounds/Powers

Good luck!

Oh that link is a work of art! And I found it, forcefield5_loop. Thanks!

Edited by Captain Fabulous

2 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Hmmm...

Screenshot 2023-02-19 203828.jpg

I've also attached PK's spreadsheet as a zip to the bottom of the 1st post here. It's been living on my harddrive for a while.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I get the same error, both if I open it locally or using the online version of Excel. 🤷

Can't say that I've had any errors or noticed any issue with Rosetta.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I see that error whenever I try to open the spreadsheet as well. I just click Yes and it seems to work fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Captain Fabulous said:

Yeah, if I click yes to "fix" it everything seems fine, but I don't know if anything is missing or lost.

Push come to shove, you can always ping @Nope about it, I believe they are still checking DM's.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later

I wanted to provide a bit of guidance for anyone who may have run into issues getting the Villain character select menu music to change.

I found that the only way I was able to get it changed was to name the file v_menumusic_loop.ogg and place it into the Homecoming\data\sound\Ogg\Frontend folder. None of the other documented methods would work. It would continue to play the original music.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blackjacket said:

I wanted to provide a bit of guidance for anyone who may have run into issues getting the Villain character select menu music to change.

I found that the only way I was able to get it changed was to name the file v_menumusic_loop.ogg and place it into the Homecoming\data\sound\Ogg\Frontend folder. None of the other documented methods would work. It would continue to play the original music.

Thanks for this.

On searching for 'uiskin' I came across an old thread regarding setting the default login screen, sadly, this on effects initial launch but does not effect returns to character select/server select screens.

Just for clarification, did you place a copy of 'v_menumusic_loop.ogg' into the frontend folder or did you rename another file that and place it in the folder?

• 1 month later
On 6/2/2019 at 11:10 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Sounds Location and file names | Pt. II

CATEGORY DESC FOLDER FILE NAME FILE NAME FILE NAME FILE NAME FILE NAME
Enviro Ambient noise: 5th Column 5th Column AirAmb1_loop RumbleAmb2_loop SpookyDarkAmb2_loop    
Enviro Ambient noise: Atlas ambient noise City AtlasAmb2_Loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Boomtown Boomtown BoomAmb_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Brickstown Brickstown BrickAmb1_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Cave Cave CaveAmb1_loop CaveAmb2_loop CaveAmb4_loop      
Enviro Ambient noise: Eden Eden EdenAmb1_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Faultline Faultline FaultAmb_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Grandville V_Grandville Grandville_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Hollows Cave hollowsamb_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Kings Row KingsRow KingsAmb1_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Lab Enemies Labamb1_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Mercy Mercy MercyAmb2_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Skyway City skywayamb_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Steel Canyon SteelCanyon SteelAmb1_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Talos Talos TalosAmb1_loop        
Enviro Ambient noise: Terra Volta Talos TerraAmb_loop        
Enviro Alarm Sound in city zone police stations V_PPD Cellblock_loop Cellblock2_loop      
Enviro Arachnos base map music (possibly one of several) V_MissionMusic JMission8_loop        
Enviro Architect Entertainment Data Stream Mission_Architect MA_DataColumn_loop        
Enviro Bank map music V_Bank BankHeist3_loop        
Enviro Crystal in Azuria’s City Hall room Phalanx PhalanxAmb1_loop PhalanxAmb4_loop      
Enviro Grandville's looping speech by Lord Recluse V_Grandville RecluseVO3_loop        
Enviro Grandville loudspeaker voice 5th Column PropPA_loop        
Enviro Helicopter rotors Helicopter HelicopterMainRotor_Loop HelicopterTailRotor_Loop HelicopterTurbine_Loop    
Enviro Helicopter rotors Tutorial Tutorial_Helicopter_Loop        
Enviro Horn honks from autos in the city Auto HornCompact1
HornCompact2
HornCompact1Dist
HornCompact2Dist
HornLux1
HornLux1Dist
HornLux2
HornSport1 HornSport1Dist HornSport2 HornSport2Dist HornTruck1 HornTruck1Dist HornTruck2 HornTruck2Dis      
Enviro Mayhem side mission 'Smash & Grab' alarm TerraVolta sirenbeep_loop        
Enviro Mission Complete Music - Blueside FrontEnd MissionComplete1        
Enviro Mission Complete Music - Goldside Praetoria_Music P_MissionComplete1        
Enviro Mission Complete Music - Redside V_FrontEnd V_MissionComplete1        
Enviro Mission map music V_MissionMusic Cave2_loop Cave3_loop Cave4_loop CveMusic1 CaveMusic1_loop CrazyMission_loop JMission1_loop Jmission2b_loop JMission3_loop JMission4_loop JMission5_loop JMission6_loop Mission1_loop Mission3b_loop Mission3c_loop Mission6_loop Mission8b_loop Mission10_loop Mission11_loop Mission15_loop Mission16_loop Missionspookiness1 MMission1_loop MMission2_loop smoothcave1_loop SpookyOffice1_loop  
Enviro Mission objective object (blinky/glowie) FrontEnd objective_loop        
Enviro NPC sounds NPCs Female_ClearThroat_01.ogg Female_Cough_01.ogg Female_Cough_02.ogg Male_ClearThroat_01.ogg Male_ClearThroat_02.ogg Male_Cough_01.ogg Male_Cough_02.ogg Mcough1.ogg Cup_Down_01.ogg Cup_Down_02.ogg Cup_Down_03.ogg Cup_Down_04.ogg Cup_Down_05.ogg Cup_Down_06.ogg Cup_Move_01.ogg Cup_Move_02.ogg Cup_Move_03.ogg Cup_Move_04.ogg Cup_Move_05.ogg Cup_Move_06.ogg Cup_Up_01.ogg Cup_Up_02.ogg Cup_Up_03.ogg Drink_01.ogg Eat_01.ogg WritingShort_01.ogg WritingShort_02.ogg WritingShort_03.ogg WritingShort_04.ogg Writing_01.ogg Writing_02.ogg Writing_03.ogg Writing_04.ogg Writing_Loop.ogg
Enviro Portal Corp portal sounds Powers Rumble1_loop        
Enviro Portal Corp portal sounds Peregrine reactor1_loop reactor2_loop      
Enviro Portal Corp portal sounds (humming) Tech lowpulse2_loop spacemachine1m_loop Teslaroom3_loop Teslaroom4_loop  
Enviro Portal Corp portal sounds (train sound) Auto Train_Loop        
Enviro PVP warning siren countdown Arena BeepWarning        
Enviro Robotic footsteps Feet VFoot1 VFoot2      
Enviro Sewer map music - entrance V_MissionMusic JMission7_loop        
Enviro Sewer map music - sloping tunnel V_MissionMusic Mission2_loop        
Enviro Splash into water Feet Splash        
Enviro Telephones - Icon Praetoria\Storefront Office_Phone_01 Office_Phone_02 Office_Phone_03    
Enviro War Walkers Orbital Lance Enemies WW_OrbitalLance_Attack WW_OrbitalLance_Hit_01 WW_OrbitalLance_Hit_02 WW_OrbitalLance_Hit_03 WW_OrbitalLance_Hit_04 WW_OrbitalLance_Hit_05 WW_OrbitalLance_Tell_01        

CATEGORY DESC FOLDER FILE NAME FILE NAME FILE NAME FILE NAME FILE NAME
UI Menu music Music N_MenuMusic_loop        
UI Click 'Next' on char select N_UI N_Launch        

Correction - The menu music is here:

city of heroes/data/sound/ogg/frontend/h_menumusic_loop.ogg

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• 1 month later

PSA for anyone that loves Necro MM but finds them obnoxiously noisy like I do, especially with the new changes I found they got even noisier in combat.

Can find info on how to quiet the zoning upgrade sound earlier in the thread.  Some new ones that bugged me though:

For their constant siphon life sound (although I left the healing sound part of it which I find is plenty): 

/powers

dclifedrain2

For the soul extraction ghost screaming attacks and for the constant low bass humming sound from the summoned specters:

/enemies

ghostblast

daemon_loop

As usual a caution that this can affect other sounds or other characters (like your own siphon life and the one from dark melee/dark blast).  Will also probably make fighting certain ghosts in Croatoa more quiet.  Personally I'd consider that another plus, but didn't actually test yet.

• 2 months later
  • 2 months later