Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds

Oubliette_Red

There are multiple folders, maybe? I know that Tequila/Homecoming folders both contain a sound.pigg file with psionic melee sounds in it (among others) - I don't know why.

Ignore both of those and look at your DATA folder instead. Put a sound folder inside it and an ogg folder inside that. Then you put your demonsummoning, enemies, powers, v_powers, weapons etc inside that one.

Changing subject, there are a LOT of sound effects on the list that I can't find in the PIGGS folder. Where are they?! I can overwrite them using the data/sounds/ogg folder, but I can't find the originals - for the most part I'd just like to just turn them down a bit so they're quieter in the mix.

Okay, y'all want to clear up the confusion for yourself? Here you go, the short SHORT guide on what you can do client-side to change stuff around:

0. Go here: https://github.com/CaitlynMainer/piggtools

kNSG51Z.png

2xXMydJ.png

BgFSwZi.png

ist0QY5.png

EefAcyg.png

4JE2L1T.png

Now, all that being said, with textures it's a LITTLE more complicated than that... there's a whole guide for textures. But pretty much everything else in there? Yeah, if you can make it, you can make the game see it. As long as it's located in the right path with the same filename that the game is looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

There are multiple folders, maybe? I know that Tequila/Homecoming folders both contain a sound.pigg file with psionic melee sounds in it (among others) - I don't know why.

Ignore both of those and look at your DATA folder instead. Put a sound folder inside it and an ogg folder inside that. Then you put your demonsummoning, enemies, powers, v_powers, weapons etc inside that one.

Changing subject, there are a LOT of sound effects on the list that I can't find in the PIGGS folder. Where are they?! I can overwrite them using the data/sounds/ogg folder, but I can't find the originals - for the most part I'd just like to just turn them down a bit so they're quieter in the mix.

That's always been the issue, there are many sounds used by PCs that are not obvious when it comes to names, especially if it uses multiple file sounds. Makes it a royal pain.

Okay, y'all want to clear up the confusion for yourself? Here you go, the short SHORT guide on what you can do client-side to change stuff around:

Now, all that being said, with textures it's a LITTLE more complicated than that... there's a whole guide for textures. But pretty much everything else in there? Yeah, if you can make it, you can make the game see it. As long as it's located in the right path with the same filename that the game is looking for.

Thanks PK! I'm sure people will find that helpful. :)

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

That's always been the issue, there are many sounds used by PCs that are not obvious when it comes to names, especially if it uses multiple file sounds. Makes it a royal pain.

Thanks PK! I'm sure people will find that helpful. :)

No. I thought that might be the case, but then I looked at some of the other files and they aren't there - I haven't extracted them from the sound archives... they seem to be... missing... Now they *could* be in texture archive or something, I didn't extract everything, but so far no luck.

No. I thought that might be the case, but then I looked at some of the other files and they aren't there - I haven't extracted them from the sound archives... they seem to be... missing... Now they *could* be in texture archive or something, I didn't extract everything, but so far no luck.

I have a spreadsheet of sounds that Zombie Man provided a link to back in some other thread. I think it's small enough to attach.

All_the_sounds.ods

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I have a spreadsheet of sounds that Zombie Man provided a link to back in some other thread. I think it's small enough to attach.

Thanks for this, it's super-cool. I have all I need to replace those existing sounds with either silence or my audio of my own creation, (it's ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE MUAHAHA!).

I'm still looking for the original audio, though, so if anybody finds those files, please let me know where you extracted them from.

• 2 weeks later

Electricity Mastery - Lightning Field

I have tried

...\CoH\data\sound\Ogg\Powers\lightningfield.ogg

...\CoH\data\sound\Ogg\V_Powers\lightningfield2.ogg

neither seems to be it. If anyone knows how to silence Lightning Field, I would be grateful.

So... I don't suppose anybody has a copy of every single AoE in the game that multiplies it's volume per-target, reduced to about 1/10 of its original volume?

Or some way to set all of these powers to a static volume, regardless of how many targets are affected?

I don't really want to change the sound effects, I'd rather not mute them either. I'd just like to be able to hear the glowie and single-target abilities without waking up the neighbors every time I use one of these AoE's, Foot Stomp is particularly loud. I didn't see clear instructions on how to reduce the volume of a .ogg file, and so thought I'd check-in here before embarking on an epic quest to figure out how to do it myself.

• Like 1

So... I don't suppose anybody has a copy of every single AoE in the game that multiplies it's volume per-target, reduced to about 1/10 of its original volume?

Or some way to set all of these powers to a static volume, regardless of how many targets are affected?

I don't really want to change the sound effects, I'd rather not mute them either. I'd just like to be able to hear the glowie and single-target abilities without waking up the neighbors every time I use one of these AoE's, Foot Stomp is particularly loud. I didn't see clear instructions on how to reduce the volume of a .ogg file, and so thought I'd check-in here before embarking on an epic quest to figure out how to do it myself.

I'm out.

I have tried

neither seems to be it. If anyone knows how to silence Lightning Field, I would be grateful.

I'm still trying to locate this sounds, it's a little more problematic without having Justin to test on.

I though it might be \Ogg\V_Powers\shockfield.ogg but wasn't it.

I have tried

Electric Mastery power pool does not have the Lightning Field at least acording to the wiki. Without Justin being up I an unable to hop on and insta-level a character. Can you please indicate your class and verify Powerset or Pool.

• 3 weeks later

Anyone know which file is for the Hum produced by Focused Fighting (Super Reflexes)?  It only lasts a few seconds (maybe 10?), but it happens after every zone change.

I already found the one for Practiced Brawler in the list and silenced it.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm coming up blank finding it.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, Caulderone said:

Anyone know which file is for the Hum produced by Focused Fighting (Super Reflexes)?  It only lasts a few seconds (maybe 10?), but it happens after every zone change.

I already found the one for Practiced Brawler in the list and silenced it.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm coming up blank finding it.

I was looking that night and our internet dropped, then yesterday the servers were being updated. Like Lightning Field, this particular one is being a pita to find. -.-

I will keep looking though.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:21 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

Electric Mastery power pool does not have the Lightning Field at least acording to the wiki. Without Justin being up I an unable to hop on and insta-level a character. Can you please indicate your class and verify Powerset or Pool.

Sentinel has it. I picked it, and yeah, it's pretty darn noisy.

Edited by Sovera

On 8/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, Caulderone said:

I think I have found it, try:

Description: Focused Fighting hum after activation

Folder name: Powers

File name: glow7_loop.ogg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Awesome stuff gang.

Been going crazy trying to get rid of the recharge sound... took me a few trys as I renamed the file "Recharge.ogg" per the instructions. but it is already a OGG file... so you really only need the name. 

now if you guys can make the words "recharging" go away over my head you will all be REAL LIFE superheores!

On 9/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, Cix said:

Does anyone know if there's a similar method to remove specific visual power effects?  Apparently Conductive Aura triggers migraines for me.  I doubt I can fiddle with it, but it's worth asking.

Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 8:34 PM, RaZoor said:

Awesome stuff gang.

Been going crazy trying to get rid of the recharge sound... took me a few trys as I renamed the file "Recharge.ogg" per the instructions. but it is already a OGG file... so you really only need the name. 

now if you guys can make the words "recharging" go away over my head you will all be REAL LIFE superheores!

I've never see "recharging" over my character's head. Perhaps something in Options?

For whatever reason, my version of the piggs do not include "arachnosdisruptor.ogg" in v_enemies. That's the sound of the Mace Blast, right?

If possible, could someone just give me a copy of that sound?

Edit- I'm looking for the sound of the Mace Blast specifically, so if this isn't that sound, let me know which it is!

Edited by Lithobraker

On 9/28/2019 at 11:57 AM, Lithobraker said:

For whatever reason, my version of the piggs do not include "arachnosdisruptor.ogg" in v_enemies. That's the sound of the Mace Blast, right?

If possible, could someone just give me a copy of that sound?

Edit- I'm looking for the sound of the Mace Blast specifically, so if this isn't that sound, let me know which it is!

There are 2 sounds for the Bane Mace Blast, when it's fired and when it hits.

Description: Bane Mace Blast (attack)

Folder name: Enemies

File name: PoliceBotBlast3.ogg

Still trying to locate the explosion sfx when the attack hits.

Description: Bane Mace Blast (hit)

Folder name: Weapons

File name: policebothit1

@Lithobraker Life interruptus, but finally found the hit sfx portion of the attack.

Edited by Oubliette_Red