Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds

Oubliette_Red

Hello everyone.

I must say first thanks for all the work done out there, as it's going to help me with some of the sounds issues I have

with some of my characters.

Still when I took a look through the list, I was a bit lost and not sure if anyone has gotten around the list of sounds that

are linked to the Psychic Blast power set from the Blaster ? Any help on those would be greatly appreciated. 

7 hours ago, StavinskyCoH said:

Hello everyone.

I must say first thanks for all the work done out there, as it's going to help me with some of the sounds issues I have

with some of my characters.

Still when I took a look through the list, I was a bit lost and not sure if anyone has gotten around the list of sounds that

are linked to the Psychic Blast power set from the Blaster ? Any help on those would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @StavinskyCoH  everything listed was pulled from the Legacy CoH forums archives or from current Homecoming players. So that would make you the first regarding Psychic Blast. 🙂

Was there a specific power or powers you were looking for or everything in the set?

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:10 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

Hi @StavinskyCoH  everything listed was pulled from the Legacy CoH forums archives or from current Homecoming players. So that would make you the first regarding Psychic Blast. 🙂

Was there a specific power or powers you were looking for or everything in the set?

Actually looking to find the sound that is like the fortunata 'screech' that is linked at the first power of the Psychic Blast.

Mental Blast has that sound and not sure if there are others in the power set. 

You can load up a character on Beta and inst-level them to access all the powers to find out if they all have the same screech. I won't be able to do so today, possibly later tomorrow,

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

20 hours ago, Captain Yesterday said:

Please add this sound to the guide - Blaster Secondary Reaction time (its the same sound  as Time's Juncture, but must be a different file name)

sound\ogg\powers\Spiral_loop.ogg

Which power for the Blaster's Temporal Manipulation set are you speaking of? I don't see one called 'Reaction Time'.

17 hours ago, Surge Protector said:

Does anyone have the info for the Controller secondary power Time Manipulation > Temporal Mending?

Thanks!

You might try either of these:

TM_TemporalMending_Attack_01

TM_TemporalMending_Continuing_Loop

Do you happen to know which one is the mastermind necromancy powers, enchant undead and dark empowerment? They are so freaking loud on my computer that even at volumne 5 out of 100, I have to scramble to turn the volumne knob down when I zone in and out of places. I can't seem to find the sound file. I have been checking every folder too.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:20 PM, Adipup said:

Does anyone know what the sound file for the "point" base teleporters is? (i.e. Aleph, Beth, etc; not the entrance portal). Thanks in advance!

I never noticed them having a sfx, could be they use the same ones as the Base portal or one or more sfx on the PI Portals. All of which I have silenced. They should all be listed.

They seem to be very tech-y sounding. Unfortunately none of the obvious "portal" sounds seem to match so it'll take some digging through a lot of folder and a lot of loops to identify.

17 hours ago, Kinvesu said:

Do you happen to know which one is the mastermind necromancy powers, enchant undead and dark empowerment? They are so freaking loud on my computer that even at volumne 5 out of 100, I have to scramble to turn the volumne knob down when I zone in and out of places. I can't seem to find the sound file. I have been checking every folder too.

I've actually been trying to hunt down Necro sfx for a while now, unfortunately so far no luck.  😞

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I never noticed them having a sfx, could be they use the same ones as the Base portal or one or more sfx on the PI Portals. All of which I have silenced. They should all be listed.

I've actually been trying to hunt down Necro sfx for a while now, unfortunately so far no luck.  😞

Ahh ok thank you!! I haven't had any luck either lol

56 minutes ago, Kinvesu said:

Ahh ok thank you!! I haven't had any luck either lol

I just rolled a character on Beta and other than their summon sfx, I'm not hearing anything, so they likely use something else that I've already silenced.

These are the obvious ones from my own list of silenced sfx. If you can edit your base, you can use the /sg_music <filename> command to test them and see if they match what you're hearing with your Necro's.

Spoiler

Powers\aura4.ogg
Powers\aura3.ogg
Powers\Darkwindup2.ogg
Powers\Hit3.ogg
Powers\lightningfield.ogg
Powers\lightningfield2.ogg
Powers\miasma3.ogg
Powers\regen8c.ogg
Powers\aura3.ogg
Powers\aura4.ogg
Powers\Darkwindup2.ogg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

They seem to be very tech-y sounding. Unfortunately none of the obvious "portal" sounds seem to match so it'll take some digging through a lot of folder and a lot of loops to identify.

I'm not talking about a looped sound, though. I mean the sound that plays when you use those portals.

I decided to record it and attach it here. Maybe it's also used somewhere else in the game and you recognize it from there?

Aleph point sfx.mp3

Edited by Adipup

12 hours ago, Adipup said:

I'm not talking about a looped sound, though. I mean the sound that plays when you use those portals.

I decided to record it and attach it here. Maybe it's also used somewhere else in the game and you recognize it from there?

Aleph point sfx.mp3 73.59 kB · 1 download

Ah, that it the Praetorian summon teleport sound. Probably make it easier to locate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Ah, that it the Praetorian summon teleport sound. Probably make it easier to locate.

Thanks! I found it. It's called Seers_SummonReinforcements_Hit and it goes in the Powers folder.

31 minutes ago, Adipup said:

Thanks! I found it. It's called Seers_SummonReinforcements_Hit and it goes in the Powers folder.

You beat me to it, I had to stop and make dinner. Glad you were able to locate it!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:06 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

I just rolled a character on Beta and other than their summon sfx, I'm not hearing anything, so they likely use something else that I've already silenced.

These are the obvious ones from my own list of silenced sfx. If you can edit your base, you can use the /sg_music <filename> command to test them and see if they match what you're hearing with your Necro's.

Hide contents

Powers\aura4.ogg
Powers\aura3.ogg
Powers\Darkwindup2.ogg
Powers\Hit3.ogg
Powers\lightningfield.ogg
Powers\lightningfield2.ogg
Powers\miasma3.ogg
Powers\regen8c.ogg
Powers\aura3.ogg
Powers\aura4.ogg
Powers\Darkwindup2.ogg

Thank you so much!!! You are awesome. It was miasma3.ogg

On 5/8/2020 at 6:46 PM, Flints said:

Does Melee Hybrid have a sound? I couldn't find it in the piggs viewer.

If you've silenced any other sfx then they may share the same one, I've not looked into Incarnate abilities sfx and there's nothing obvious when I do a search, so the buffs may use a sfx from another buff power or it may not have any sfx attached to it.

I rolled one up on Beta and the T4 had an activation sfx and one for the first 'tic' of the toggle. It's likely affected by the toggle power sfx fade so it doesn't play anything beyond that.

The activation has a metallicy, teleport-ish sound that I've heard elsewhere, just not sure where. the first tic on the toggle though I've not heard before.

So Powers\Hybrid_Melee.ogg removed a small portion of the activation and the tic sfx, still trying to hunt down the activation sfx though.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

2 hours ago, Surge Protector said:

Has anyone taken a stab at modifying the Titan Weapons powerset? They really feel like they lack punch. Barring that, does anyone have a list of those sound effects?

Here's everything that it obvious Titan Weapon, there is always the possibility that some powers also use sfx from other powers.

Spoiler

TW_CrushingBlow_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_CrushingBlow_AttackSlow_01.ogg
TW_CrushingBlow_HitFast_01.ogg
TW_CrushingBlow_HitSlow_01.ogg
TW_DefensiveSweep_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_DefensiveSweep_AttackSlow_01.ogg
TW_DefensiveSweep_HitFast_01.ogg
TW_DefensiveSweep_HitSlow_01.ogg
TW_Equip_01.ogg
TW_FollowThrough_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_FollowThrough_HitFast_01.ogg
TW_ShatterArmor_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_ShatterArmor_AttackSlow_01.ogg
TW_ShatterArmor_HitFast_01.ogg
TW_ShatterArmor_HitSlow_01.ogg
TW_SweepingStrike_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_SweepingStrike_AttackSlow_01.ogg
TW_SweepingStrike_HitFast_01.ogg
TW_SweepingStrike_HitSlow_01.ogg
TW_WaveOfDestruction_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_WaveOfDestruction_AttackSlow_01.ogg
TW_WaveOfDestruction_HitFast_01.ogg
TW_WaveOfDestruction_HitSlow_01.ogg
TW_WhirlingSlice_AttackFast_01.ogg
TW_WhirlingSlice_HitFast_01.ogg

• 1 month later

First of all thanks to all for the wealth of information. After a year of playing since the reopening, I'm now to the point of adding some quality of life enhancements to my version of the game.

That being said, I'm needing help finding the dual blades powerset sounds. The default sound on first two powers you get when you fire them in sequence sounds like "Shave and a haircut, two bits" which get old rather quickly.

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find what effect is being used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 1