Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds

Oubliette_Red

On 7/2/2020 at 8:50 AM, blackjacket said:

First of all thanks to all for the wealth of information. After a year of playing since the reopening, I'm now to the point of adding some quality of life enhancements to my version of the game.

That being said, I'm needing help finding the dual blades powerset sounds. The default sound on first two powers you get when you fire them in sequence sounds like "Shave and a haircut, two bits" which get old rather quickly.

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find what effect is being used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are several sounds stitched together to make up the Dual Blades sfx:

Description: Nimble Slash

Folder name: Weapons

File name: Swordhit2, swordstab5

Description: Power Slice

Folder name: Weapons

File name: swordstab3, SwordSlicer, Swordhit2

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:20 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Was hoping the psionic dart warble was the same one used for blaster-mental-subdual but it isn't. Anyone by chance know the sound file name for Subdual?

You must have missed it:

Psionic Dart wubba wubba wubba Powers psionic4

🙂

On 7/2/2020 at 10:41 PM, Backfire said:

I'm trying to find the ogg names for Rejuvenating Circuit  and Insulating Circuit. Surprised they weren't top the list!

Well, the list does preced Elec Affinity by about 8 years. 🙂   It will take quite a bit of digging for the sfx for the new powerset.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
Odd, folder and filename were there when I originally posted. -.-

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:10 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

😞 Nah, I silenced that one and psionic dart is now blissfully silent but Subdual is still migraine inducing.

Hmmm... I'm sure it's probably hidden in Enemies or V_Powers somewhere, Still trying to locate though.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:52 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Well, the list does preced Elec Affinity by about 8 years. 🙂   It will take quite a bit of digging for the sfx for the new powerset.

I appreciate the help! Will keep checking back in the hopes of finally attending a Hami raid in peace 🙂

• 1 month later
1 hour ago, Mr. Sleepy said:

Are we sure about the Folder name of "Tech" for the inspiration collector? The "Tech & V_Base" replacements are perfect, but the two sounds in the "Tech" folder are still playing, despite everything else working exactly as prescribed.

As far as I know they should be correct. Many of the entries are carry-overs from the Legacy forums so I have not personally check each and every one of them.

Edit: I just went onto Beta and tested all 4 files and all sound from the Tech Inspiration Collector have been silenced. There is only 1 file in the Tech folder, the second 'Tech' listing in the spreadsheet was also a holdover from the Legacy forums, I've tried to remove all of those but there still appears to be a few here and there. Are you sure that there isn't something else nearby that's producing a similar sfx? The same sound file will still play if it is in a different folder, though not sure what that folder might be off the top of my head.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

The fifth sound for the inspiration collector is; sound/Ogg/Powers/glow7_loop.ogg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:46 AM, Captain Yesterday said:

Is there anyway to change/silence the MM merc pet soldier guns?

Check out PK's thread, his spreadsheet may have what you need already.

Also, did you try either of these to see if they worked?

Power Mercs/Burst Sound Weapons Mercenary_machgunburst
Power Mercs/Slug Sound Weapons Mercenary_singleshot

Edited by Oubliette_Red

• 2 weeks later
  • Community Rep

Hi! Just found your topic, and I will admit to not being terribly computer literate, plus, running LINUX, if that makes a difference, but. I'd very much like to silence a sound in a base while I'm working in it, it's driving me crazy, and I want to be able to hear if someone PMs me, or something. I searched in your topic, but no one had listed this sound, the sound of the Mystic Orrery. I get lost in trying to follow some of these directions. Can anyone find the name of this sound file for me, please? Thank you so much!

-Dacy

1 hour ago, Dacy said:

Can anyone find the name of this sound file for me, please?

Looks like it is actually two sounds:

sound/Ogg/V_Base/MagicCalder_loop.ogg

sound/Ogg/City/Sign6_Loop.ogg

Silencing both of those silenced the mystic orrery in my test base.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
20 hours ago, Ender Shadowborne said:

How would I go about doing this on Mac?

It shouldn't be too different, you just have to locate the proper directory on your Mac. It's been a couple of years since I've had access to a Mac so my memory of how you go about doing that is lost, though it should be in the same general location as the Map packs if you have those installed.

Just now, Oubliette_Red said:

It shouldn't be too different, you just have to locate the proper directory on your Mac. It's been a couple of years since I've had access to a Mac so my memory of how you go about doing that is lost, though it should be in the same general location as the Map packs if you have those installed.

I don't have map packs, and my coh folder is in my Applications, as is the standalone .exe file

• 1 month later
On 10/28/2020 at 11:57 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I also had to use dog_howl_02.ogg to properly shut him up.

I actually decreased the volume of all the dog barks/howls by about 80%.

I've tried for two days to track down two sounds so I can silence them.  It's driving me nuts 😞  They're both Incarnate abilities.

The first is from Interface and is called Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface.  When I hit a target, it begins this looping sound that lasts for approximately 8 seconds.  The sound is accompanied by a golden glow around the target's torso.

The second is from Hybrid and is called Melee Core Embodiment.  The power emits a weird sonar sound around me.

Can someone please help? 

Edited by Vindicator

3 hours ago, Vindicator said:

I've tried for 2 days to track down two sounds so I can silence them.  It's driving me nuts 😞  They're both Incarnate abilities.

The first is from Interface and is called Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface.  When I hit a target, it begins this looping sound that lasts for approximately 8 seconds.  The sound is accompanied by a golden glow around the target's torso.

The second is from Hybrid and is called Melee Core Embodiment.  The power emits a weird sonar sound around me.

Can someone please help? 

Try:

sound\ogg\incarnate\Incarnate_Diamagnetic_loop