Why a Brute?

No Gods No Kings

On 1/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, Erratic1 said:

Did you mean an Ice/Rad Tank? If so the Tanker has both DoTs at level 28 as opposed to the Brute having to wait until level 35.  How major the wait is as a factor is in the eye of the beholder.

Nope. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Something that isn't really talked about, but scrappers are currently only king of the mountain if they can game the ato proc, so if anything changes with that proc, that could pose a significant problem for their status.

Without it, brutes would pretty easily still be the kings of swing for the most part.

On the Pylon thread I had a few tests done using Energy Aura. All of the tests ended with times running into the 3 minutes despite being on a Scrapper (even when using Energy Melee it was only as low as 2:40).

This ends disappointing me as the 'good damage' builds end up hinging on Scrapper/Stalker IOs, Bio, -res sources, and a snipe. Any building not involving these goes to the three minute mark.

16 minutes ago, Sovera said:

On the Pylon thread I had a few tests done using Energy Aura. All of the tests ended with times running into the 3 minutes despite being on a Scrapper (even when using Energy Melee it was only as low as 2:40).

This ends disappointing me as the 'good damage' builds end up hinging on Scrapper/Stalker IOs, Bio, -res sources, and a snipe. Any building not involving these goes to the three minute mark.

Does a pylon do anything to bring Entropic Aura's +Recharge effect into play?

3 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Does a pylon do anything to bring Entropic Aura's +Recharge effect into play?

The standard 8.5% recharge?

1 minute ago, Erratic1 said:

Variable, though with one target nearby 8.5%. Still...I guess that is now wholly out of line with Against All Odds granting Shield only +13% damage bonus in the situation.

It gives 5% base with one enemy in range, then 3.5% per enemy. Those are different variables but in game with one enemy in range both appear and it ends being 8.5%. Big spawns are where it shines but big spawns don't tend to stay big for long once AoEs start flying, even when solo.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

I gave some Tank builds a run at soloing. Their simply too slow. I admit having a Rad/fire and Rad/bio isn't helping Tanks in the comparison, but I definitely feel the lower damage even when looking at my Claws/wp. Armors benefit greatly from IOs and Incarnates so until then, the lower damage is even more noticeable. I'll keep some Tank builds around for team play but that's about it.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

53 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I am curious. I have a level 10 Rad/SS tanker that might be better as a brute since rad doesn't care too much about the -def from rage crash and fury doesn't care too much about the -dam. At least not as much as other ATs.

-9990% Damage (All) Strength (self only) for 10s after 120s

Fury ain't helpin that. But if you're running a procmonster build, procs don't care about the crash and do damage anyway. (Another problem with procs to add to the list.) And procs don't care what AT you are either.

Haven't used rad armor enough to talk on that front. Dunno how close a brute can push rad armor to the resistance caps.

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

-9990% Damage (All) Strength (self only) for 10s after 120s

Fury ain't helpin that. But if you're running a procmonster build, procs don't care about the crash and do damage anyway. (Another problem with procs to add to the list.) And procs don't care what AT you are either.

Haven't used rad armor enough to talk on that front. Dunno how close a brute can push rad armor to the resistance caps.

For some reason my coffee deprived brain thought it was the same penalty as the defense.

1 minute ago, Marshal_General said:

For some reason my coffee deprived brain thought it was the same penalty as the defense.

Understood. Just poured cup one for the day.

I'll probably be asking for build help soon for my SS/WP brute, Bunny Fufu. I hate procmonster builds but it seems like a no-brainer to go that route on SS.

8 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Understood. Just poured cup one for the day.

I'll probably be asking for build help soon for my SS/WP brute, Bunny Fufu. I hate procmonster builds but it seems like a no-brainer to go that route on SS.

Yeah, I kind if went proc monster with my ma/sr brute, Foe Paw, since it is easy to do with SR if you are not chasing the incarnate cap. It also seems a bit cheaper getting procs than full sets.