Nerf Level Shifts

Wavicle

• Developer
On 10/3/2021 at 11:16 AM, GM Impervium said:

Though there might end up being an exception...

Before anyone worries about this, what's being referred to is a new badge that's being added in Page 3 for completing the original un-nerfed version of Lord Recluse's Strike Force that's being added to Ouroboros with Incarnates disabled for the 'old school challenge'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 9/30/2021 at 2:18 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

It's a little different than the difficulty options we have currently... We're re-writing the entire challenge settings code to accommodate our future plans.

I have to say I think this is the way to handle things, even if it is a bit more difficult to implement. 👍

• Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

29 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Before anyone worries about this, what's being referred to is a new badge that's being added in Page 3 for completing the original un-nerfed version of Lord Recluse's Strike Force that's being added to Ouroboros with Incarnates disabled for the 'old school challenge'.

Wee!  Statesman!  Massacring the big lug was the one thing I really missed from live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

YAAAASSS. 

All is finally right in the world.

• Haha 1

Currently on fire.

7 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Will there also be an option for this in Statesman's Task Force?

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

• Developer
42 minutes ago, skoryy said:

Will there also be an option for this in Statesman's Task Force?

Hmmm, possible, but there would be less reason to do it there. Between Statesman and Miss Liberty I don't think the mission content actually changed at all? The old version of the Lord Recluse Strike Force is quite different from the version currently offered in-game.

The LRSF had numerous nerfs over time, the Hero AV's levels were dropped several times, some Hero AV's were removed, and some were not replaced. The final map is also different between the two.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

30 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Hmmm, possible, but there would be less reason to do it there. Between Statesman and Miss Liberty I don't think the mission content actually changed at all? The old version of the Lord Recluse Strike Force is quite different from the version currently offered in-game.

The LRSF had numerous nerfs over time, the Hero AV's levels were dropped several times, some Hero AV's were removed, and some were not replaced. The final map is also different between the two.

Yeah, the only changes the MLTF had was in name and starting contact.  Everything else is the same.  LRSF on the other hand had numerous nerfs.

Edited by Apparition

Hard mode - call it 'Challenge Mode' instead.

Edit : or 'Incarnate Challenge Mode' as i realize a setting called challenge mode under challenge settings might be slightly confusing as to what it does.

Edited by TheZag
  • Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Hard mode - call it 'Challenge Mode' instead.

Edit : or 'Incarnate Challenge Mode' as i realize a setting called challenge mode under challenge settings might be slightly confusing as to what it does.

I like 'prepare to kiss the dirt mode'

• Haha 1

Currently on fire.

13 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Well if it were to truly be considered worthy of a badge called 'old school challenge' shouldn't you be limiting it to villain AT only runs?  You had to have a really sturdy built brute to make it through that, having a proper tank is cheating the experience.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/3/2021 at 8:16 AM, GM Impervium said:

As an aside, the current plan is, generally, to make Incarnate buffs meaningful in content going forward, not roll stuff back or take anything away. Though there might end up being an exception...

Does this mean that the Incarnate Shifts (from Lore and Destiny) will apply in the Hard Mode content?

On 10/1/2021 at 7:13 AM, macskull said:

I think some other examples of "things getting tweaked or rolled back" include some Dark Melee and Martial Arts changes

*cries in Armageddon+Fury procced AoE Eagle's Claw*

The pain was almost gone, WHY'D YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME

• Haha 1

• Lead Game Master
4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Does this mean that the Incarnate Shifts (from Lore and Destiny) will apply in the Hard Mode content?

I don't believe so, as there's both lore and mechanical distinctions between Incarnate content and Hard Mode content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Hopefully hard mode will allow 8 person mobs to have a bit of juice left after a Fire/Em blaster drops their full rotation on them.  In many instances it seems like the rest of the team is relegated to clean up duty after a half-decent blaster joins the squad.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

Hopefully hard mode will allow 8 person mobs to have a bit of juice left after a Fire/Em blaster drops their full rotation on them.  In many instances it seems like the rest of the team is relegated to clean up duty after a half-decent blaster joins the squad.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xeylxs3cglf2q511z9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

6 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

I mean, I ALSO think Blast set t9s should be nerfed (for Blasters especially, but possibly also for Defenders and Corruptors), probably leave the damage as is but increase the cooldown to be similar to Controller AoE Holds.

But I figured one thread at a time.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

35 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I mean, I ALSO think Blast set t9s should be nerfed (for Blasters especially, but possibly also for Defenders and Corruptors), probably leave the damage as is but increase the cooldown to be similar to Controller AoE Holds.

That would be far too reasonable for some of the folks on this subforum 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

How about giving them some very very big targets to blast, so they will be most welcomed in teams and not see as a game breaker.

Nerf should be the last thing to do to solve an issue.

Nerfing is like violence, it is the best proof of incompetence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

The i24 Blaster buffs were never on Live. Development ceased while they were still in Beta. It was too much. This belief that nerfs are never called for is simply false.

Great for them, we dont play whatever "live".

"Live" is the past, they destroyed our home for profit, they formated our home as a mobile game for profit.

It's time for people to accept we have 2 major updates (soon 3) and 2 years of developement away from "live".

This is Homecoming.

Let's move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

Nerfing is like violence, it is the best proof of incompetence.

Lolwut. A game with zero nerfs would innately be out of control broken. That’s why nerfs exist, not because designers are fun nazis and you’re the one true genius.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 2