The secret zone events of Nova Praetoria

Veracor

5 hours ago, Dazl said:

You know what would be interesting if you trigger the tentacles and that would spawn a couple waves of DE attacks. After defeating the DE that would spawn a Lady Gray TF size hami in the zone. Defeat the hami and get 40 merits, 4 emp, or 1 hami-o.

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Level 1's be like... 😱

Wait, wait, wait....    let me finish making popcorn first.  This ought to be good.

• Haha 1

While such easter eggs are fun, I am having trouble coming up with any sensible lore or story line for this.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

13 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I tried to trigger this event out of curiosity but I ran into a issue.  Where the hell are the Seers in Nova?  I ran up and down the whole zone while my timer was running and I could only find maybe four of them outside of the Protest event, which i'm not sure the event Seers even count.  You'd think they've be all over the Magisterum or near the Precints, but nope. Nada.

Given the explanation, I don't see why they wouldn't count.  Doesn't that event spawn Seers and PPD?  Not sure if you'd get 100 PPD but those are more plentiful in the zone.   I suppose to see if it's counting you need someone hovering at the trigger point telling you if the meter is going up as you do the Protest event.

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

While such easter eggs are fun, I am having trouble coming up with any sensible lore or story line for this.

Devouring Earth are a constant threat, and the city of Praetoria is one of the last remaining pockets of humanity that hasn't fallen.  Even with Cole and Hamidon's bargain, I could see Devouring Earth forces making a move if it appears their defenses are weakened.  With enough Seers out to limit their alerts and enough PPD down weakening their defenses, they could make a move.  And First Ward has shown that the sonic fences around the city are not enough to keep them out.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

6 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

And First Ward has shown that the sonic fences around the city are not enough to keep them out.

The issue with that was they were already inside!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 minute ago, Darmian said:

The issue with that was they were already inside!

I think the lore states that the DE attacked from below, which pretty much avoided the fences altogether.  Keyes turned the fences around to stop what forces had gotten through, but it seems they don't care what with the Seed casually flying around the ruins on a constant basis.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Weird and wonderful! Thanks for the research and write-up (it only counts if you publish)!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 3 weeks later
3 hours ago, TheZag said:

Ill try and have a character in position for some decent pictures next time.  Would u like a shot of hamidons mouth from first ward as well?

First Ward and Night Ward are on my list of zones I haven't yet conducted a search of any geometry errors or holes in the zone to pass through. It's a fun hobby, but it's time consuming!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Here they are,  i tried to size them down since the screenshots were huge.  turns out they are still pretty big but its a closer shot then the others.  the last one is hamidon's mouth without the water blocking the view.

Spoiler

1581175144_hamitentacle.jpg.0dddebb552cbc71849972773d1dac393.jpg

Spoiler

732386492_hamitentacle2.jpg.a5db218f07483401d1f6795f3bec702d.jpg

Spoiler

986212559_hamitentacle3.jpg.2925e774364579fe223bc0c586bdeb18.jpg

Spoiler

520509542_Hamidonmouth.jpg.33323e34060509f0afef1e31392f26e2.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later