Jump to content

Page 3 for issue 27 or an issue 28 update.


Recommended Posts

Does anybody have info on what's going on with a new major update to Homecoming? We still don't have Mastermind Customization after all this time and there are plenty of other things the server needs too like a less cryptic endgame with more direction and rewards so you can avoid the auction house reliance solo (if you want that challenge) and steps to get people involved quicker. An option to save and use progress with badges on another character would be welcome too. (optional for the people who don't want it) CoH for some reason has always had a really crappy endgame and I hope you guys have plans to make it more fun and engaging without having to look up the wiki on what to do.

Edited by eldriyth
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was brought up just over a week ago. Not saying the things you want can't happen, but it is a volunteer group, so things take awhile. 

  • Like 4

Without Pause Claws/wp brute, Nothing But Flowers Plant/storm, Waterpark Water/temp blaster, Sneakers StJ/en stalker,

Current obsession(s): Dual boxing CoV(Savage/rad brute, Dark/savage tank)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Use the search function

You're too cool man. Nothing comes up with the search function aside from get on a beta discord. I have jumped on that and nothing is available to public eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

You're too cool man. Nothing comes up with the search function aside from get on a beta discord. I have jumped on that and nothing is available to public eyes.

 

About a week ago, someone posted an identical thread:

 

If search isn't giving you the right answers, take a look at the Dev Digest section of the forum. Specifically, look at blue names like Cobalt Arachne, Faultline, Piecemeal, Captain Powerhouse, and possibly Naomi & Booper. They have either replied to, or posted their own information relating to Page 3, Issue 27.

 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/discover/53/

 

And they've also posted these teaser images as well in various places:

Page 3 teaser collage!

 

 

Teaser1.jpg.32d4e0263359ace05e1343a0a1316faa.jpgscreenshot_210422-22-36-29_1.thumb.jpg.5ae4c8f51445624f143570ffb24c6af9.jpg.c11fd6f3b34f8d88fc449674402626ca.jpg

 

screenshot_210423-20-27-05.thumb.jpg.846dc2cb6dac3f41d1f0365689ab76b2.jpg.b80349b457b5dbadf4b9b0226f67ae74.jpgTeaser2.jpg.dddf3ca40756e2931390051e4582baa7.jpg

Teaser4.png.fb7e35065709ccd902236d5130ef9d21.pngscreenshot_210422-22-36-29_12.thumb.jpg.b10f3fca0602c2286d925f072e52c62b.jpg.3a59c3cff0a8b2f041301614b4816c86.jpg

screen6.thumb.jpg.c2bbf3a93340396f62a065433ee521ac.jpg.a518725192aa8018ab41c5e0b07f9e87.jpgTeaser3.jpg.38d2e31cacf980ee5eada9ffae933e9a.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

 

About a week ago, someone posted an identical thread:

 

If search isn't giving you the right answers, take a look at the Dev Digest section of the forum. Specifically, look at blue names like Cobalt Arachne, Faultline, Piecemeal, Captain Powerhouse, and possibly Naomi & Booper. They have either replied to, or posted their own information relating to Page 3, Issue 27.

 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/discover/53/

 

And they've also posted these teaser images as well in various places:

Page 3 teaser collage!

 

 

Teaser1.jpg.32d4e0263359ace05e1343a0a1316faa.jpgscreenshot_210422-22-36-29_1.thumb.jpg.5ae4c8f51445624f143570ffb24c6af9.jpg.c11fd6f3b34f8d88fc449674402626ca.jpg

 

screenshot_210423-20-27-05.thumb.jpg.846dc2cb6dac3f41d1f0365689ab76b2.jpg.b80349b457b5dbadf4b9b0226f67ae74.jpgTeaser2.jpg.dddf3ca40756e2931390051e4582baa7.jpg

Teaser4.png.fb7e35065709ccd902236d5130ef9d21.pngscreenshot_210422-22-36-29_12.thumb.jpg.b10f3fca0602c2286d925f072e52c62b.jpg.3a59c3cff0a8b2f041301614b4816c86.jpg

screen6.thumb.jpg.c2bbf3a93340396f62a065433ee521ac.jpg.a518725192aa8018ab41c5e0b07f9e87.jpgTeaser3.jpg.38d2e31cacf980ee5eada9ffae933e9a.jpg

 

Kind of cool. It doesn't really explain much though in detail. I just asked them directly if patch notes are available or will be available soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eldriyth said:

Kind of cool. It doesn't really explain much though in detail. I just asked them directly if patch notes are available or will be available soon.

There are no new patch notes available for the live shards at the moment. A new patch will be released when it is ready to be tested on the beta Brainstorm shard. As I said in the other thread where you asked the same question, you can find the Beta patch notes here:

 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/73-beta-patch-notes/

 

Edited by Glacier Peak
edited for less snark
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just get a sticky somewhere to address this?

I swear it's started to seem like we're getting this exact same question on a weekly basis... 

 

I mean, seriously. Even if people have a pathological terror of using the search function for some reason, you'd think they would at least look at the first couple of pages of the forum just to see if someone else might have had a similar question in the recent past.  But... I guess not. 'Too much trouble or something. o_0

  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Game Master

So, just to re-address it here:

We do have content in the works, and it'll be ready when it's ready, but hopefully we'll have more on that Soon (tm). We understand the slow pace of updates can be frustrating, but we want to deliver the highest quality content possible, so that involves a lot of internal testing and revision and double-checking to make sure that we didn't miss some obvious bug or mistake.

Also everyone, remember our big rule: Be excellent to each other!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 7

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Developers for squashing the bugs before we get them. Starro once encountered the Ambush Bug and he was a jerk.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

 


Contact Small Doc Buzzsaw.jpg"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Can we just get a sticky somewhere to address this?

I swear it's started to seem like we're getting this exact same question on a weekly basis... 

 

I mean, seriously. Even if people have a pathological terror of using the search function for some reason, you'd think they would at least look at the first couple of pages of the forum just to see if someone else might have had a similar question in the recent past.  But... I guess not. 'Too much trouble or something. o_0

This, so this and then want to get pissy that they search for it.

You'd think there was a full force of paid developers at the players beck and call just waiting to crank out as much content as possible. 

As my dad used to say "sit back shut up and enjoy the ride, we'll get there when we get there". 😉

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

Can we just get a sticky somewhere to address this?

 

 

A sticky. Ha.

 

They could make a sticky, make it three times bigger than any other post, flashing red "UPDATE STATUS: NO ETA" or "COMING TO BETA IN 1 WEEK" or whatever and people would still ignore it, post "any news about an update?" and wonder why people just responded with facepalm gifs.

  • Thanks 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

 

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a truism in life and in all situations: no matter how big you make the sign people will ignore the everliving shit out of it. 

  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posting to add I don't want very much change and I don't want it fast.  Why should I have to remember ever-shifting values for powers in a 17-year-old game?  Why should the absolute worst feature of half-finished, prematurely-released games  -- constant fiddling with how things work -- be replicated here, of all places?

 

New story content is fine, new costume parts are great, updates to very weak powers are okay if thoroughly analyzed and playtested.  Lots of big new shiny, however, is not why I'm here.

 

I know my dissent puts me in the minority, and I don't want to rain on anyone else's fun.  But when I see a lot of posts urging more-now-soon, I occasionally want to point out that not everyone feels that way, just so the Homecoming team doesn't get the impression that we all want that.

 

 

Edited by Sailboat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eldriyth said:

 

Kind of cool. It doesn't really explain much though in detail. I just asked them directly if patch notes are available or will be available soon.

It's extremely unlikely that you'll ever get more than a teaser or two for upcoming content/changes until it lands on the beta server, because these things can and often do change significantly between what shows up in the first testing builds and what makes it to the beta server. It was the same way with Cryptic and Paragon back on live.

Edited by macskull

@macskull/@Not Mac

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 25JUL20)

Twitch | Youtube

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, eldriyth said:

 We still don't have Mastermind Customization after all this time and there are plenty of other things the server needs too like a less cryptic endgame with more direction and rewards so you can avoid the auction house reliance solo (if you want that challenge) and steps to get people involved quicker. An option to save and use progress with badges on another character would be welcome too. (optional for the people who don't want it) CoH for some reason has always had a really crappy endgame and I hope you guys have plans to make it more fun and engaging without having to look up the wiki on what to do.

 

"We still don't have Mastermind Customization after all this time" - What makes you think this is even under consideration?  We don't have the Guardian class, either.  Just because some other server did something has zero bearing on what Homecoming is doing and/or planning.

 

"rewards so you can avoid the auction house reliance solo" - Not actually clear what you mean there.  Anyone who wants to can ignore the auction house.

 

"An option to save and use progress with badges on another character" - Never going to happen.  Completely counter to the entire concept.

  • Thanks 1

I used to hail from Infinity.  Mainly on Everlasting, now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird to see "I hate change." every time threads like this appear.

Change is going / has to to happen, or things get stale. HC just isn't changing / adding / removing everything people ask for.

Thankfully, it doesn't and never will happen fast - going off the way HC operates shows that they take their time rather than blindly throw out whatever sticks. + Whatever isn't working often gets taken back to the drawing board.

HC isn't the sort of server to uphold some nostalgic time-lock - there's ways to host your own server if that's what you're looking for.

  • Like 4

unknown.png
i am the forum cop.
fear my keyboard strokes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not against all change -- I like the Tanker changes, for example -- but meh.  You can also host your own server and change stuff.  Arguing that the Homecoming team resurrected the City we all missed from back in 2012 but not for nostalgia is a weird argument.

 

 

Edited by Sailboat
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is just the fear that some major changes might change things so much that it ruins the original "feel" of the game in some way.  I doubt almost anyone is against well tested and well thought out changes that keep the original spirit of the game in mind.   I think the HC team generally balances that very well so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...