Can we get a server with issue12 ? pre!13 changes ?

XxOwnZz

2 hours ago, Maelwys said:

I do remember a certain match rather fondly however: myself on a Katana/Regen scrapper and a SG buddy on their INV Tanker (War Man? Hammerfall? Odin's Son? There were a lot of INV Tankers...) decided to have a friendly scrap in the middle of Warburg. We were standing toe-to-toe for a good 10 minutes, neither of us able to drop the other to zero. Eventually another SG buddy who'd been spectating our fight (I'm fairly sure this was MortalDecay, but it could have been DarknessBliss. Curse my dodgy middle-aged memory!!) called "time out" and we both hopped over to join them... ...and then we both promptly got blown up and KO'ed by the 20+ Trip Mines that he'd been secretly laying. Much swearing and laughter was had all 'round.

Heh. As casually-somewat-regular in the zones, there were a lot of fun memories there. Multiple teams worth showing up on both sides. My fire/kin corr and - think it was another corr and a dom holding Siren's for a good long while before we just got overwhelmed by numbers (mostly going "HOW are we still alive?") Fights similar to yours - most amusingly my ma/regen Stalker vs a ma/regen Scrapper. 15 minutes worth, then just calling it a draw. Same stalker slowly whittling a stone tank away (with his friends just saying "the stalker's winning, just give up...")  Bringing a PB in in BB, coming up on someone's Brute (who apparently wasn't up on Kheldians,) fighting, shifting into Dwarf and getting a "mommy...." response back... good times.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 10/4/2021 at 10:32 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Not necessarily. That would require them to admit that they lied when they said that they didn't nerf that ability because of PvP. They had no motivation to do that and a lot of motivation not to.

Ah, so a conspiracy involving a development team (well, actually, not a development team, but rather the three development teams of Cryptic, Paragon, and now our current overlords) that had the perfect opportunity to gain popularity by reverting some unpopular nerfs but chose not to. Got it.

On 10/5/2021 at 5:06 AM, Ukase said:

Since you have this clear memory and remember it - what's the reason for it being in pve? The NPCs were complaining about jousting in Perez Park? 

You know as well as I do that if NPCs were able to complain as loudly and as frequently as players this game would have been nerfed into the ground eons ago. Looking at the history of how travel powers have behaved throughout this game's history you'll find the following:

• At launch, Fly had a 50% tohit debuff at all times while active, to provide an incentive to turn the power off while in combat. Super Speed and Super Jump did not.
  • In Issue 4, SS and SJ had the 50% tohit debuff while active added to match Fly.
  • In Issue 5, all three travel powers had the tohit debuff removed in exchange for a suppression period whenever activating any power affecting an enemy. This was later adjusted to only occur when casting click powers which affect enemies.

TL;DR: Combat penalties for travel powers have existed since the beginning of the game, before PvP was added.

• Thumbs Up 4

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

12 minutes ago, macskull said:

Ah, so a conspiracy involving a development team...

No, not a conspiracy. Just a recognition of the fact that people have never liked admitting when they were wrong, and that now days that's been amplified times 1,000.

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

No, not a conspiracy. Just a recognition of the fact that people have never liked admitting when they were wrong, and that now days that's been amplified times 1,000.

Sure, that reasoning might work if the developers responsible for the change were still working on the project, but... gestures broadly

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

Sure, that reasoning might work if the developers responsible for the change were still working on the project, but... gestures broadly

No, the reasoning still works. Just because a new team is working on the game doesn't mean that any powers (not saying that any were) that were secretly nerfed because of PvP concerns will just magically and instantly be reverted. The current devs aren't going to know one way or the other if the retail devs lied about the motivation behind a nerf of a specific power.

Look, I did not say that a bunch of powers were secretly nerfed because of PvP. What I said, what I've always said, is that Hurricane is the only power that the retail devs admitted that they nerfed because of PvP. That's what I said. I've said it more than once. My wording is incredibly specific. And, if you read my sentence objectively, you have no choice but to admit that it's true.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

To those who can’t read the txt am soo sorry it was a copy and paste not sure why it came out like that. And to the rest it seems like my questions have a lot of ppl in their feelings about the changes that happen back then in (i12). am glad that am not the only one that thinks everything took a dookie after i12 ( in regards to pvp) pve personally I think it was fine the biggest issues I saw on my end was the power suppression and the damage output for stalkers/mm/and blasters (pvp wise) a few tweaks were needed but that’s about it not all the nerfs That were added to pvp. about 80% of the reason why I played Coh (on my end) was pvp. To homecoming am glad you guys brought the game back am happy with what we have many of us dnt understand what it is to run a game we just play it and for the effort of just having it back you guys get a A+ on my book thanks coh homecoming. As for the rest any private/original publisher of coh that wishes to bring it back (if possible or wen possible ) i12 was almost perfect take that add a (few tweaks in damage output etc etc) and you have my vote. ( feels good to knw am not the only one that felt some type of way back then and still after i12 changes )

• Thumbs Down 1