Patch Notes for October 5th, 2021

I know now the holiday craze is upon us  and will be here for while as they cycle through Halloween, Christmas and valentines day

IS  there a way to avoid the holiday BS?   IS there a place / server that is holiday events don't happen??

The holidays is one of the worst times for many people; highest number of suicides and instances of domestic violence. 

I just don't understand the need to shove the holiday events upon the entire gaming community; why not a space where they can be avoided.

Just making a point that not everyone likes these holiday events 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

24 minutes ago, DaddyBear said:

I know now the holiday craze is upon us  and will be here for while as they cycle through Halloween, Christmas and valentines day

IS  there a way to avoid the holiday BS?   IS there a place / server that is holiday events don't happen??

The holidays is one of the worst times for many people; highest number of suicides and instances of domestic violence. 

I just don't understand the need to shove the holiday events upon the entire gaming community; why not a space where they can be avoided.

Whoa yikes, those statistics may belong in the real world, but not in this video game. The holiday events in this game are a good time, in fact some of the best times I've ever enjoyed were during holiday events. 

I understand your point though - there are other servers out there to try during the times you're not excited about or you could run your own server as well. Just some ideas!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

37 minutes ago, DaddyBear said:

IS  there a way to avoid the holiday BS?

I think if you play villain side and gold side you won't see any holiday stuff. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

The in game holiday events are game wide - blue, red, and gold. 

Yep.  You just need to be the right level in the right zone for ToT.

Though I've not tested the tip drops in Praetoria.  Normally tips only drop from level 20 on*, and that would leave only First Ward available (Night Ward doesn't seem to do Hallowe'en, weirdly).  But tips also don't normally drop in coop zones...like First Ward.  So, some testing is in order.

Besides that it is impossible for a 24 carat Gold to get all the badges from Whispered Rumor, because they cannot swap alignments.

*Exploration Tips were designed to bypass this.

Edited by Darmian
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

51 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Yep.  You just need to be the right level in the right zone for ToT.

Though I've not tested the tip drops in Praetoria.  Normally tips only drop from level 20 on*, and that would leave only First Ward available (Night Ward doesn't seem to do Hallowe'en, weirdly).  But tips also don't normally drop in coop zones...like First Ward.  So, some testing is in order.

Besides that it is impossible for a 24 carat Gold to get all the badges from Whispered Rumor, because they cannot swap alignments.

*Exploration Tips were designed to bypass this.

Couldn't they swap after an alignment mission? From either Loyalist to Resistance or vice-versa?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Couldn't they swap after an alignment mission? From either Loyalist to Resistance or vice-versa?

Nope.  You can do all the undercover work on either side you like with alignment missions, but you're still Resistance or Loyalist.  The Alignment missions just tell you what SORT of Resistance or Loyalist you are., From Power to Responsibility to Warden to Crusader.  You want that last badge?  You take the Rift mission and head to Primal. 

That Gold or Blue icon beside your health bar won't change until you cross the Rift.

Edited by Darmian
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, DaddyBear said:

Good news then.  You don’t need to participate in them.  Personally, I think that Valentine’s Day is a crock.  So I just don’t participate in the Valentine’s Day event.  When the event is over, I dismiss all of the event tips, and go on with my day.

FWIW, I am unaware of any server that does not activate the holiday events.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The in game holiday events are game wide - blue, red, and gold. 

Oh, sure enough. I didn't see any decorations, but I forgot about clicking on the doors to trick-or-treat. I don't think I've ever done that villain side.

Thanks for the correction.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:29 PM, Apparition said:

Good news then.  You don’t need to participate in them.  Personally, I think that Valentine’s Day is a crock.  So I just don’t participate in the Valentine’s Day event.  When the event is over, I dismiss all of the event tips, and go on with my day.

FWIW, I am unaware of any server that does not activate the holiday events.

App you can be my Valentine's Bestie cuz I avoid that stuff like the plaque. I decline the Valentine reality and substitute my own. 

But I also recognize that is a valid point. The holiday's suck for those who are vulnerable and at risk. It is possible to be isolated even in a group game no matter how it is imposed. ToT is a big thing for our group, but that's about it. Anyone on Torch need to run someone to run content with, outside of Hami hours I'm 90% down for whatever. Esp Frostfire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

I wish we could get some or all of the Halloween-only stuff year round... Dr Kane's House of Horror wouldn't take up that much space in LFG. Maybe Trick-or-Treating year round in Echo: Dark Astoria... Supernatural Activity (just one random zone) when someone completes a HoH...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:51 AM, The Curator said:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Brickstown Prison Break event, which wasn't spawning enough Prisoners to complete.

Prior to this fix, the initial Prisoner spawn contained a few bosses. Now it just contains LTs and minions. Was this intended?

• Like 1