What are your favorite City of Heroes "Dad jokes"?

• 8 months later

Whats the result of the Clockwork king farting? a Noble gas 😸

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

"I can tell you what that sapper had for breakfast. Malta meal."

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Did you hear about the hero that knocked one of Frostfire's goons halfway out of the building? The first officer on the scene found him dangling halfway out of a hole between two windows. When his backup showed up and asked what happened, the old cop just shrugged,

"All in all, it's just another Brick in the wall."

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PartyKake said:

Someone mentioned recently that the old version of Praetoria, before going rogue, was really hammy.

I pointed out you really can't get more hammy than a world conquered by the Hamidon.

... should I mention that I once had a character who had a grudge against the DE because they were the reason he went out of business? After they showed up, nobody wanted to go to Hammy Don's Deli... (Yes, that really was his backstory. And name.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Every time I fight those Lost Bosses with the broken TVs on their heads, I can't resist:

"Hey, buddy, does that get anything but the Ugly Channel?"

... And I'll keep doing it until someone laughs!

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 6/2/2019 at 9:00 PM, Robotech_Master said:

Q: Why are the Devouring Earth a hit at parties?

A: Because deep down, they're really just a bunch of fungis (fun guys).

There's actually a DE boss in one mission named, "Natso Fungi". I figured it was supposed to look like "not so fun guy".

20 hours ago, RikOz said:

There's actually a DE boss in one mission named, "Natso Fungi". I figured it was supposed to look like "not so fun guy".

Well, yeah - the Devoured are the least "party animal" types of the DE: despite being taken for granite, the Boulders are stoned all the time, and there's lots of mushrooms and crystal all around, too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

Well, yeah - the Devoured are the least "party animal" types of the DE: despite being taken for granite, the Boulders are stoned all the time, and there's lots of mushrooms and crystal all around, too!

A quartz is a quartz, of course, of course, and nobody can talk to a quartz, of course…

• Like 1

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!