The Witch's House NOW OPEN

Dacy

I don't know if this is common knowledge or anything, but I found out that the command "/stuck" will pop you right back to the front gate - very helpful if you get lost!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Community Rep
15 hours ago, catsi563 said:

Did a run through of this and it was AMAZING!! some trully epic work on both the base and the characters  only had a couple minor issues in navigation where i accidently ended up back in a place id allready been. maybe a minor suggestion to provide a smidge more comprehensive navigation might be in order but beyond that minor nit pick i have nothign but HIGH props for @Dacy and co they gave us an epic experience i highly reccomend seeing it

PM me with details, I am always interested in giving people the best experience, and I don't want them to get lost. Otoh, sometimes a little disorientation is just part of a haunted house. I've already put in some arrows and such in places where I observed some people having difficulty, so let me know where  you felt it was difficult.

Thanks for the props! 🙂 Oh, and as anyone who's listened to my videos knows, I am female, so "she" is perfectly acceptable. 🙂

-Dacy

• Community Rep
3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I don't know if this is common knowledge or anything, but I found out that the command "/stuck" will pop you right back to the front gate - very helpful if you get lost!

I think it's well known among those of us who are frequently in bases, building, but less commonly known in general. I appreciate that  you might feel lost, but I promise, just keep going and you will get out! 🙂 But  I know, some people got turned around and wound up back where they started, and some got tired of trying, and some did not have much luck in a couple of places (and most of those are intentionally disorienting).  I just hope no one has to use /stuck much!

-Dacy

• Community Rep
14 hours ago, roleki said:

Absolutely insane.  Job well done, whomever is responsible!

I'm responsible! *waves hand in the air* Well, I built the base. I need to do a shout out to my crew, without whom this would be so much less of a great experience: @Easter Bunny, whose creativity is dangerously off the charts, he's one lab accident away from being an evil genius. He's made many of the characters who now inhabit the depths of the base (although I've done the bios). His co-conspirator in costuming is @Ellyz, and they do beautiful work!! @IIIXJokerXIII designed one particularly appropriately named character, which inspired a whole section of the base. @VV has been helpfully working up schedules and things related to volunteers, and I have a host of others who are helping me in so many ways, from hosting AFK characters to manning scare critters to giving helpful publicity shout outs, I could not do this without all of you: @Conventus, @DawL, @vanessa (I hope I tagged the right one!) @BlackHearted, @Wravis, @Arklide, @betsumei, @rookery., and one more whose global I have yet to learn, plus several amazing GMs. You are all AWESOME and AMAZING people, and I love you all; thank you so much for all you do.

-Dacy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/17/2021 at 5:29 AM, Dacy said:

I'm responsible! *waves hand in the air* Well, I built the base. I need to do a shout out to my crew, without whom this would be so much less of a great experience: @Easter Bunny, whose creativity is dangerously off the charts, he's one lab accident away from being an evil genius. He's made many of the characters who now inhabit the depths of the base (although I've done the bios). His co-conspirator in costuming is @Ellyz, and they do beautiful work!! @IIIXJokerXIII designed one particularly appropriately named character, which inspired a whole section of the base. @VV has been helpfully working up schedules and things related to volunteers, and I have a host of others who are helping me in so many ways, from hosting AFK characters to manning scare critters to giving helpful publicity shout outs, I could not do this without all of you: @Conventus, @DawL, @vanessa (I hope I tagged the right one!) @BlackHearted, @Wravis, @Arklide, @betsumei, @rookery., and one more whose global I have yet to learn, plus several amazing GMs. You are all AWESOME and AMAZING people, and I love you all; thank you so much for all you do.

-Dacy

As someone whose bases are largely just empty rooms full of storage bins and transporters, it is absolutely stunning to me what you and your gang were able to do with the same base editor I use.  It really is amazing work and well worth rolling a little fella on Everlasting just to go through the House.  I've been back a couple times just to LOOK at it, and to "people-watch" as other folks stumble in and find their way into Hell. 

• Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, Habanada said:

This is an absolutely amazing base.  I am so glad you shared this.  I confess to having gotten lost and had to teleport out. 😀

Dacy was good enough to talk me through a few spots and if you keep at it, you can always get through each looped path.  But it might take some patience, yeah.  Just knowing that there are no dead ends helps a lot!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝