Banners Event: Just out of curiosity...

Techwright

The Halloween Banners event: Just out of curiosity, how do our colorblind players adapt to this?  4 colors, randomly place on the map, and folks shouting out in chat the destinations based on color.  I've heard that elsewhere different shade/grayscale is sometimes used, but these four colors appear the same shade, and there's no prominent background patterns like stripes or dots.  Of course, we'd probably not think to be yelling out "green polkadot" either.

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

The Halloween Banners event: Just out of curiosity, how do our colorblind players adapt to this?  4 colors, randomly place on the map, and folks shouting out in chat the destinations based on color.  I've heard that elsewhere different shade/grayscale is sometimes used, but these four colors appear the same shade, and there's no prominent background patterns like stripes or dots.  Of course, we'd probably not think to be yelling out "green polkadot" either.

I just follow the people on my team, and since my wife is on that team she tells me.

• Haha 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

6 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I just follow the people on my team, and since my wife is on that team she tells me.

I'm sure she thinks of you as a good husband.  😃

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I'm sure she thinks of you as a good husband.  😃

HA! A pain in the ass to be sure, but, yeah its our system I just follow her I can't tell the colors apart so just follow her is the unspoken rule.

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On torch our league leader has someone designated as incan teleport for each color.  We spread out initially between the 4 to make the banners vulnerable and then accept teleport to each of the banners. 

If its helpful they are always in the same order on the compass.  From left to right its...

Red --> Blue --> Green --> Purple

And you can click them on the compass to get a nav pointer to their location.

• Thumbs Up 2