Scrapper Moonbeam - Please Fix Hit Timing

Bill Z Bubba

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Also, unless EVERY insta-snipe in the game also lands damage as soon as the power is clicked, then it makes this a functionality bug on TOP of being a graphical bug. 🙂

A bunch used to! Including Moonbeam, interestingly. It was a bug with the fast snipe thing that'd never made it live before shutdown, and was patched in August 2019, assuming I've found the right patch:

Prior to that patch, my Elec/Elec blaster main's Zapp dealt its damage instantly on activation, then animated itself long after the enemy was possibly already dead. And Moonbeam is called out there as being one that was supposed to have been fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

Uhm, @battlewraith?

A "substantial commitment of development time to address somebody's gripe with their snipe animation, which is probably occurring while they're soloing a task force on a scrapper."

What, and I cannot stress this enough, the flaming pigeonshit does what @Bill Z Bubba is *doing* when he notices a bug have anything to do with anything?

It's either a legit bug or a poor design, and I've noticed similar things with Psi Blast while I'm masochistically leveling a Psi/FF corruptor through TFC. Projectile speeds are all wonky, which throws off damage hitting, which affects survivability (even on a scrapper). 

Please roll up your e-peen, read the room, and bow out of this one gracefully because Bill is not someone who brings up things like this just to be an asshole. 

EDIT: "bow," not "now"

Edited by Aurora_Girl
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Those patch notes are clearly wrong. After all, a PvPer just got done telling us that it's not a bug and provided a google doc as proof. He clearly wasn't lying or trying to gaslight anyone. Oh, no!

Also, it doesn't do this as long as you don't slot enhancements in the ability. Clearly the devs don't intend for us to slot enhancements into Moonbeam, right?

@Bill Z Bubba How dare you slot enhancements in your powers and then expect them to work correctly!?!

spacer.png

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Fixed too large image
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

12 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Just as an aside, blasters Beam Rifle snipe power has the opposite problem. You fire, see it hit and wait......wait for it......boom mob takes damage. The delay is madding.

I think I was actually struggling with this yesterday but just thought it was some kind of weird lag.

4 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Reporting the events as they honestly appear to me is not "riding your high horse." It's simply reporting the events as they appear to me.

Also, you have no idea whatsoever how much effort I've put into becoming informed about PvP in this game or not, whether I like PvP or not, and what my bias' are. You're simply making assumptions about my motivations.

I think those assumptions were pretty reasonable since you came into the thread accusing me of abusing exploits and "shading the truth". I honestly don't care what your motivations are. I gave you a list of powers that don't fit with how you assume things should work in this game. Get somebody official to weigh in on it. If the current devs feel that using these powers in an attack chain is an exploit, that's one thing. If you they don't, or you won't bother to ask, then you're just blowing smoke. Put up or shut up. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Uhm, @battlewraith?

A "substantial commitment of development time to address somebody's gripe with their snipe animation, which is probably occurring while they're soloing a task force on a scrapper."

What, and I cannot stress this enough, the flaming pigeonshit does what @Bill Z Bubba is *doing* when he notices a bug have anything to do with anything?

It's either a legit bug or a poor design, and I've noticed similar things with Psi Blast while I'm masochistically leveling a Psi/FF corruptor through TFC. Projectile speeds are all wonky, which throws off damage hitting, which affects survivability (even on a scrapper). 

Please roll up your e-peen, read the room, and bow out of this one gracefully because Bill is not someone who brings up things like this just to be an asshole. 

EDIT: "bow," not "now"

Reread the thread from the beginning. I didn't come in here talking crap or trying to gaslight people or whatever morons are accusing me of in this thread. I asked him what the problem was, to which he replied that it was dumb and ugly. Sorry, that's a nonjustification to me and I explained why. Now if people are actually having with their animations in ways that impacts performance then yes, obviously that needs to be addressed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, battlewraith said:

Get somebody official to weigh in on it. If the current devs feel that using these powers in an attack chain is an exploit, that's one thing. If you they don't, or you won't bother to ask, then you're just blowing smoke. Put up or shut up.

Somebody official already has weighed in on it. The Homecoming developers in the patch notes in August 2019. BillyMailman posted a link to those patch notes, just a few posts up, showing that the devs already tried to fix this at least once. I'd say that's a pretty good indication that it's a bug.

I'm just gonna ride off on my High Horse now.

spacer.png

Wooooooooooo!  Riding my high horse!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Somebody official already has weighed in on it. The Homecoming developers in the patch notes in August 2019. BillyMailman posted a link to those patch notes, just a few posts up, showing that the devs already tried to fix this at least once. I'd say that's a pretty good indication that it's a bug.

I'm just gonna ride off on my High Horse now.

spacer.png

Wooooooooooo!  Riding my high horse!!!

Well you certainly love to assume things. 

I did another test with a scrapper, moonbeam slotted like Bill's. I'm still not seeing this issue. If anything, the insta-snipe looks a tiny bit delayed at times:

How does the devs attempting to fix a bug assume that it's a bugohshit my brain just broke

• Like 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

4 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

It's a scrapper. Look at the ATOs in the beginning of the video. I think you must be looking at the shinobi-iri toggle.

Got it. And in getting video I'm noticing something else. If I'm far enough away, projectile and damage numbers coincide. As I close distance and then fire it off, damage numbers appear before projectile or enemy health bar disappears before projectile hits.

• Thumbs Up 1

After watching your video, I went back and tried again. This time shooting enemies point blank in the face with the insta-snipe. And it was nothing like the weird results you're getting. 

I can see the projectile come out, it hits the target and then they get damaged. Consistently. 

Yeah I agree that that there is a bug present in your footage. I don't know why it is so apparent on your character and not present on mine. Does it happen on all your characters with moonbeam? I'm sorry I browbeat you about the power activation issue. What I pictured in my head based on your description was a lot less severe than what you actually showed in that footage. My bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2021 at 4:14 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

You're on a stalker. See the hide power there? I'll post a vid shortly.

For what it's worth I get the same bug you've mentioned on my stalkers in combat/using fast snipe so it's a persistent thing. It's been like this for months.

Edit: post from June 2020 that touches on this regarding damage occurring before the attack in question lands

Edited by LQT
Reference
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.