Confused about pylon testing - Latest dom looks good for ST damage in Mids, but took forever on a pylon

EnjoyTheJourney

18 hours ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

This is all so very strange.  

I thought my post was innocuous, perhaps not?  Based on my own feelings, I felt Dark Assault seemed fine, but was a bit behind Fire, Energy, and maybe even Psi for single target damage(the only ones I've ever played).  I didn't test these things, it was just my feeling while leveling.  So when I saw how vociferous the pushback against mediocrity was I looked up Pylon times.  It was the only reference point I had(none of my Dominators are level 50) I never meant to make you upset Voltak. 

Yea, I understand now that your own time didn't include the primary.  Sorry for any misunderstandings.  

But I'm a bit confused why you only tested the secondary.  Why post a Pylon time at all if you're not using your ATs full potential?  

Now, I agree with you that the burden is on everyone when claims are made concerning Pylon times.  Which is why I didn't respond when you resplied to my post.  I haven't done any Pylon times.   Your own Pylon time isn't useful either because the only other reference points available used all their powers.  

There was only one poster here who I thought had any hints of hostility.  The rest were simply asking questions.  I don't know anyone who has ever posted a Pylon time using only the Primary or Secondary.  So that confused me a bit, and seemed to confuse others as well.

I think you're taking things way too personally Voltak.  I don't see anyone discriminating against you.  No one is doubting Dark Assault's viability.  Heck, at this point I'm no longer sure that Dark Assault isn't a top tier set for single target damage, maybe it is.  

You've already proven that Dark/Dark is extraordinarily potent in the right hands so I won't ask you to do further testing yourself.  You've no obligation to do so.  I just wanted to explain why there was some pushback is all.  

Ignatz,

First of all, blessings upon you for being so kind and respectful.   I am truly grateful for your tone.

I have no issue with you.

This thread is about Dark assault and pylon times testing.

I have issues with people coming to a thread about Dark Assault and pylon testing pushing back at me for saying that Dark Assault’s damage is not mediocre. 
I have done testing, and played the game plenty and done some very challenging things too.  From that perspective I have nothing that would motivate me to say Dark’s dmg is mediocre.  

You say you see no discrimination,  so let me point out the facts ->

Like I said in another post earlier, I see no one, except me, pushing back against the unsupported claim that Dark’s damage is mediocre, especially when that claim was made in this thread about dark dmg and pylon testing but with no experience, no testing of their own in this specific matter. 
No one told that person to put up corroborating material or evidence to back that up.  Seems people just went along with that.

But I come out against that baseless, unproven claim.  
I only see push back against me for calling this out.  
So it is very clear that there is discrimination against me. 
Now you see it?  That should suffice.

You said —
“But I'm a bit confused why you only tested the secondary.  Why post a Pylon time at all if you're not using your ATs full potential? “

I answered this already, but I am going to guess you did not read that post. 

I am going to copy and paste a short part of that —>

My personal aim, or my interest, was to get an idea for dark assault damage, and only dark assault ( in regards to Pylon)

That is why the test was done using only dark assault, not any other power set.

I was not doing this particular test to measure the whole of my dominator as far as dmg from the whole combo. 

I got more than enough testing (about my whole build) doing very challenging things and I did those things well, so I am more than satisfied. 

So my test was very specific.

Also, 

You said -  "Heck, at this point I'm no longer sure that Dark Assault isn't a top tier set for single target damage, maybe it is. "

Were you really SURE before that it was NOT top tier?  If you were sure, how were you sure?  Where did you get that assurance from?  Hearsay?  Rumors?
If your answer is yes, then we run into a thing I have a problem with. 

I don't value rumors nor hearsay, especially in the forums, about sets or powers, performance, and so on. 

I value experience and testing. 

Many people messaging me and asking for my DarDark build and many saying they had no idea Dark's dmg was so good. 
Some others said they never though Dark's dmg was good enough to take down AV+4. 

But none of them had done testing of themselves.  They were just going along with rumors or hearsay. 

I am totally against that. 
I am all for playing and experimenting and getting results. 

I got my results and evidence. 

I know what it can do.  

Others who comment about what it can or cannot do WITHOUT testing and first hand experience, that is what I have beef with. 

Handshake, my friend.  

Edited by Voltak

• 2 weeks later
9 hours ago, flakoff said:

Just read through this thread...don't people just play a video game any more?

Who cares about all this stuff apart from their own ego, imagine superman and batman going on about a pylon test or that they soloed a tf lmao

Yes some of us do just like to play video games and give some advice on things they're familiar with without it turning into what some of the topics have.  

After a 3rd topic devolving it has been handled.  No need to bring up a dead topic.  You must care some about your ego for you to want to chime in twice about how saintly you must be.   "Superman and Batman" are trying to not bicker thanks.  

Hopefully you were able to filter through and find some info useful to you. 

40 minutes ago, flakoff said:

Wow, now that's why threads get derailed.

An attack straight off, whatever anyway 

FWIW, I don't care about pylons or TF solos, either.  But, to be fair, the jocular tone of your reply does invite this kind of response.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, flakoff said:

Just read through this thread...don't people just play a video game any more?

Who cares about all this stuff apart from their own ego, imagine superman and batman going on about a pylon test or that they soloed a tf lmao

Uhhh....
Batman v Superman breaks records with $166.1 million ...

Edited by paco6381
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, flakoff said:

Wow, now that's why threads get derailed.

An attack straight off, whatever anyway 

Says the one calling others petty and how great they are in comparison with their first comments in the topics. 

You said it once and were heard in another topic.  Just quieting the echo before anything tries to get dragged back up.  

43 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Says the one calling others petty and how great they are in comparison with their first comments in the topics. 

You said it once and were heard in another topic.  Just quieting the echo before anything tries to get dragged back up.  

I am going to agree here with Mezmera. 
Whatever was happening, it was squashed a long time ago. 
There's no need for any more negatives nor pointing out to the stains in the thread. 

We moved on a long time ago. 

• 2 weeks later

As a postscript, after build tweaks and after getting a T4 intuition radial alpha and T3 for other incarnates, this character has 282-ish single target DPS. It's not the most damaging dom I've played. But, damage is reasonable even as is and it scales up *very* well with team buffs. Plus, the build is quite durable and it controls and debuffs mobs very well. It's a keeper.

My thanks to those who made suggestions, as they made the build more effective and more enjoyable. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

As a postscript, after build tweaks and after getting a T4 intuition radial alpha and T3 for other incarnates, this character has 282-ish single target DPS. It's not the most damaging dom I've played. But, damage is reasonable even as is and it scales up *very* well with team buffs. Plus, the build is quite durable and it controls and debuffs mobs very well. It's a keeper.

My thanks to those who made suggestions, as they made the build more effective and more enjoyable. 

If you are happy and enjoying it and doing what you want to do, that's all that matters, EJ. 

Best to ya