question about Leadership toggles

Wavicle

2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I made a iLL/Dark troller for Halloween and I have really enjoyed it. But yeah this bothers me.

I try to only use Fade and Shadow Fall when the team is actively engaged during missions. To at least minimize effect.

I fire them off regularly. Anyone who complains about 25% Def, 30% DDR and a chunk of NRG & psi resists doesn't deserve to live.

I do try and only Group invis myself / fellow squishies cos the threat lowering can irk tanky types. 

I would like more minfx on Fade (and some sound effects on Fade & Soul thingy would be nice)

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

then a friend pointed out most teams and leagues that are good do not need them.  Most teams that might benefit from them are so scattered and chaotic that they will be minimal in value.

I would point out that a good team is even better with the Leadership toggles.

And I disagree on the second point.  I think a lot of teams that would benefit suffer from being underpowered or too low level for something.  I see no reason to think that a team that could benefit is more likely to be scattered than any other team.  Especially with all the complaint threads we've been seeing about high-powered characters joining a team and then soloing content.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

And, runtime fx aside, I could really do without the roar-and-chest-pound animation every time. Especially how that and all other activation animations trigger on zoning.

And speaking of binds, few things go better on movement-power binds than the Leadership set.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

I am phasing away from running leadership toggles.  Over the last year or so it has become regular for me to pick up all three

then a friend pointed out most teams and leagues that are good do not need them.  Most teams that might benefit from them are so scattered and chaotic that they will be minimal in value.   

so i plan to build and slot in other wayseven maneuvers is getting a hard second look on builds I consider it standard for

Tactics is the one I find hard to give up.  Not even for the extra +tohit (which can be nice vs certain foes or to help exemped teammates that join the team at -1 level), but more for the +perc and confuse protection for my characters that don't otherwise have it.  They can be rare effects, but being blinded or confused can both be devastating.  For perception you do have some options: a +perc IO if you have another tohit buff power to slot it, the +perc SG base buff (although both of those are a bit on the low side so best to have both going),  focused accuracy as an epic choice, and of course there are yellows.  Confuse protection is much harder.  The only "easy" way to get that is to make sure to keep a free break frees ready unless you are willing to do the usual P2W buff or Clarion just for that one effect.   

Even if you are ready for blind and confuse your teammates may not be.  Think we've all been on teams where no one does have tactics and a widow throws a smoke grenade and half the team or more suddenly can't do anything to the now invisible mobs.  All you can do is tell them "use a yellow", which they may not have handy. 

Also, more rare, but both funny and deadly a few times when I've been on teams where the tank gets confused.  Suddenly the entire rest of the team can't do anything as everyone is taunted by the confused tank and most people are "literally" confused by what is going on.

• Thumbs Up 1