Return of the Son of Jukebox Thread

Heraclea

Youngblood Brass Band - Brooklyn

No, that's not a trick of the stage lights, the saxophone player's t-shirt appears to be a "Wearable" where the graphic is responding like an old WinAmp Visual.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I surprised myself by belting out this random bit of schmalz while driving home today (and I surprised myself even more by knowing a good chunk of the lyrics), so I figured I'd share.

The original, that is.  Not my, uh, "rendition."

Please accept my apologies if you wanted that instead.

Climax - "Precious and Few"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Nini - Long Ma 龍馬 ("Dragon Horse" / Pegasus)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Dragon_Horse

JourneytotheWest.jpg

versus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus

1024px-Bellerophon_riding_Pegasus_and_ki

18 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Your Wiki-Fu is exceptional...

...but are you a match for mine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longma - fabled winged horse and relative of the western stories of pegasi

(...but with dragon scales, because who doesn't love dragons?)

I guess J2TW doesn't allow them to fly, for the same reason Gandalf doesn't let Frodo hitch a ride with the Eagles and just drop the damn thing straight into Mount Doom. Never gonna get 3 books and a movie series out of that...

Dharma - Waves

(Also, if you happen to have a link to a vid by the Taiwanese Buddhist Metal band of the same name, do let me know)

• Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Godiego - Birth Of The Odyssey (aka Monkey Magic)

(Side note: somewhere in my parents' house is an original BBC 45 single of this - for some obscure reason, the BBC bought it off NHK and showed it to happy kids and baffled parents as a Saturday teatime thing.)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

23 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Godiego - Birth Of The Odyssey (aka Monkey Magic)

(Side note: somewhere in my parents' house is an original BBC 45 single of this - for some obscure reason, the BBC bought it off NHK and showed it to happy kids and baffled parents as a Saturday teatime thing.)

I love both themes to Monkey. 🙂

RIP Lamont Dozier - this is a song from a playlist - there are waaaaaay too many songs to post here.. or are there? Use the Next button to see how many classics he was instrumental in creating...

and RIP Olivia Newton John

Edited by Herotu

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longma - fabled winged horse and relative of the western stories of pegasi

(...but with dragon scales, because who doesn't love dragons?)

Read the book, but at no point do they say it is winged. It was, however, trapped in the form of a white horse for the entirety of the main storyline in the book. It being a dragon trapped in the form of a white horse.

In fact, most Chinese Dragons don't have wings.

I tried tracking down a picture of said Horse Dragon, and the only one that looked like it might be historical at all was the one that I pictured that ended up coming from the wiki site. Most of all of the other ones were modern images, and I agree that some of them did have wings (other didn't).

I do think that it may have been indicated that the horse could fly by cloud treading, but simply because something can fly does not necessarily mean it has wings. I think that. in many cultures, it is assumed that something can fly through the air must have wings ... and that is why I went looking for classical images of Long Ma. That is to say, over time, things that can fly can have wings assigned to them when the original source doesn't say anything about them having wings but instead simply indicate that they can fly.

But I can yield to your point, but it is a bit like calling the Triads the Chinese Mafia.

Edited by UltraAlt

I think Qilin is the Chinese version and Kirin/Girin is the Japanese/Korean version, which looks a bit more like a deer. With a beard. And mostly on fire.

Reminds me. Haven't had a Kirin in a while, and now I want the good sushi, dammit.

Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant

(How did this kid get so funky all of a sudden?)

• Haha 1

Warning. the next clip is not a song. But everyone loves Kirin beer.

Edited by UltraAlt