Soul Drain recharge time (from Epic powers)

Shred Monkey

According to Mid's, Soul Drain from Dark Mastery Epic is 120s recharge (requires 2 predecessors).   Soul Drain from Soul Mastery Epic is 240s recharge and can be taken at level 35.

I'm looking for confirmation of whether Mid's is correct on the difference in recharge time for these 2 powers.

Thanks.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I was only looking at recharge, but it looks like the radius and max targets is different as well based on non-ingame data.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

21 hours ago, Dahkness said:

You can get the Dark soul drain just about perma. Its great. 

I had a DP/Traps defender on live... after dropping some traps while invis, I'd open with soul drain > Nuke.  In theory I could pop that combo right at 30 seconds.  In practice, I'd always waited for a fresh spawn for maximum effect.   It was a very fun toon, though while somewhat underperforming in raw power compared to most of my toons.  I'm finally getting around to rebuilding it as a Corruptor.

Active on Excelsior:

I'm slowly leveling up a DP/Cold Corruptor; I have Soul Drain penciled in as the level 35 pick to serve as the Build Up surrogate power. I haven't quite decided on slotting, I plan to 6-slot it and initial plans will be for all 6 to be the Gaussian's set (a favorite of mine for set bonuses which also leads to good cycle times) although I will probably experiment with %damage too.

5 hours ago, tidge said:

I'm slowly leveling up a DP/Cold Corruptor; I have Soul Drain penciled in as the level 35 pick to serve as the Build Up surrogate power. I haven't quite decided on slotting, I plan to 6-slot it and initial plans will be for all 6 to be the Gaussian's set (a favorite of mine for set bonuses which also leads to good cycle times) although I will probably experiment with %damage too.

If you can manage to provide slots for Soul Drain without needing them for set bonuses it can be a pretty awesome proc bomb.

Base:

50+5 rchg IO

Superior Avalanche knockdown/recharge proc

-These two slots get you to 75.57% enhanced recharge (6 slot +5 Gaussians set is 89.93% rchg)

-The knockdown from superior avalanche is very consistent and makes the power an excellent opener / puts the critters on the floor while you cast follow up aoes.

If you skipped/don't have Aim add Gaussian proc

If your nuke does not have the fury of the gladiator proc, add it here. Having it here also means the fury of the gladiator will increase your nuke dmg for a 1-2 punch.

Last 2-3 slots are Obliteration, Eradication, Scirocco's Dervish, Armageddon dmg procs. 

edit: Also @tidge if you are looking at lvl 35 soul drain, that means you are looking at Soul mastery and not Dark mastery, and it is vastly inferior unless you are specifically going for power boost, which cold doesn't need.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

35 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

If you skipped/don't have Aim add Gaussian proc

If your nuke does not have the fury of the gladiator proc, add it here. Having it here also means the fury of the gladiator will increase your nuke dmg for a 1-2 punch.

Last 2-3 slots are Obliteration, Eradication, Scirocco's Dervish, Armageddon dmg procs. 

edit: Also @tidge if you are looking at lvl 35 soul drain, that means you are looking at Soul mastery and not Dark mastery, and it is vastly inferior unless you are specifically going for power boost, which cold doesn't need.

Yes, the %-Res unique was penciled into the Nuke. I was planning on Soul Mastery (Soul Drain) ... I can consider Dark Mastery but I don't want to have to take 2 additional powers to get Soul Drain... I like the Dark powers, but this is working against it in my mind (keep in mind, I am still getting comfortable with the character):

• I don't play enough content at 40+ that I would want to delay the power pick
  • I would want to put a LOT of slots in those three powers from Dark (also neither Dark nor Soul is really my character concept... but I am pretty sure I can recolor Soul Drain to look like "snow") that I don't otherwise have available.
  • My rough plans have a lot of powers I want "stacking up for landing" staring at level 35... including Sleet and Heat Loss in addition to whatever I will do with the Epic/Patron pools.

I appreciate the feedback, I usually burn through (on average) three respecs between 35 and 50 to try different aspects of the build. I was planning on Power Boost, does it affect debuffs from %procs or just those from powers?

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Yes, the %-Res unique was penciled into the Nuke. I was planning on Soul Mastery (Soul Drain) ... I can consider Dark Mastery but I don't want to have to take 2 additional powers to get Soul Drain... I like the Dark powers, but this is working against it in my mind (keep in mind, I am still getting comfortable with the character):

• I don't play enough content at 40+ that I would want to delay the power pick
  • I would want to put a LOT of slots in those three powers from Dark (also neither Dark nor Soul is really my character concept... but I am pretty sure I can recolor Soul Drain to look like "snow") that I don't otherwise have available.
  • My rough plans have a lot of powers I want "stacking up for landing" staring at level 35... including Sleet and Heat Loss in addition to whatever I will do with the Epic/Patron pools.

I appreciate the feedback, I usually burn through (on average) three respecs between 35 and 50 to try different aspects of the build. I was planning on Power Boost, does it affect debuffs from %procs or just those from powers?

The question I would have is why would you delay sleet for soul drain? Even for dark mastery soul drain with half the recharge isn't worth putting off sleet. For a leveling build I would just take aim over soul drain and put it in a slot where it is not competing with core power picks like sleet and heat loss. The importance of cold domination t8 and t9 unfortunately for corrs means ancillary picks happen at 41+

Currently on fire.

1 hour ago, DreadShinobi said:

For a leveling build I would just take aim over soul drain and put it in a slot where it is not competing with core power picks like sleet and heat loss. The importance of cold domination t8 and t9 unfortunately for corrs means ancillary picks happen at 41+

Let me know the precise level my Dual Pistols Corruptor should take Aim.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:48 AM, Shred Monkey said:

According to Mid's, Soul Drain from Dark Mastery Epic is 120s recharge (requires 2 predecessors).   Soul Drain from Soul Mastery Epic is 240s recharge and can be taken at level 35.

I'm looking for confirmation of whether Mid's is correct on the difference in recharge time for these 2 powers.

Thanks.

Mids is correct, though I would expect the Dark Mastery version to get the nerfbat at some point when the powers that be get around to an epic/patron pool overhaul.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 hours ago, tidge said:

Let me know the precise level my Dual Pistols Corruptor should take Aim.

Well in my previous post i did say "skipped/dont have" in my previous post, but good to know you got the nitpicks covered, ill just sit back and cautiously eyeball that cold corr that waited 35 levels for the set to bloom and then skips sleet lol. 

10 target dark mastery soul drain = 102% dmg buff, perma

7 target soul mastery soul drain = 81.6% dmg buff, 50% uptime = avg 40.8% dmg buff

Explain how a 40% dmg buff is better than sleet, hint: it has nothing to do with whether the primary has aim or not.

3 hours ago, macskull said:

Mids is correct, though I would expect the Dark Mastery version to get the nerfbat at some point when the powers that be get around to an epic/patron pool overhaul.

Ancillaries need a massive overhaul and i would hope that this would not be the direction taken.

Currently on fire.

6 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Well in my previous post i did say "skipped/dont have" in my previous post, but good to know you got the nitpicks covered, ill just sit back and cautiously eyeball that cold corr that waited 35 levels for the set to bloom and then skips sleet lol.

You need to spend more time as a sidekick to @Snarky ; it was pretty silly to suggest Aim when the power sets don't include the power.

You may have skipped my comments on the levels at which I play, and how the 'set defining' powers are stacking up at the high levels. Keeping in mind that picks occur at 32, 35, 38, 41, 44, 47, 49:

(primary) Hail of Bullets earliest possible at 32

(secondary) Sleet earliest possible at 35

(Patron Soul Mastery) Soul Drain earliest possible at 35

(secondary) Heat Loss earliest possible at 38 (presumably this is skipped/delayed until 44?)

(epic) Dark first power choice earliest possible at 35 (I suppose the @DreadShinobi proposal is to take at 38)

(epic) Soul Transfer (Dark's second power choice) earliest possible is after the first Dark power choice (so at 41?)

Like I wrote many times... I am playing this character through content, and it is usually during the (hero) accolade collections in levels 40+ that I alternate between builds to check on synergy so I will be giving different things a try... but my initial expectation (for my solo, leveling play) is that I want Heat Loss and a Build Up ASAP.  If I was only running x8 content at lvl 50+, I certainly am far less sensitive to when (level-wise) in the build I pick specific powers... but (tangentially) I would still be faced with the issue of coming up with enough extra slots for the first Dark Mastery power pick... because both options for powers look like ones I would want (at least) 5-slotted. The Patron choice (Soul Mastery) has power choices that don't require much in the way slot investments (a resistance toggle).

11 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Ancillaries need a massive overhaul and i would hope that this would not be the direction taken.

They're going to get that overhaul eventually and unfortunately that's likely the direction that'll be taken. The powers dev has said on multiple occasions that epic pool powers are supposed to have a "penalty" (usually implemented as a recharge time increase), but then the increased recharge time makes them good proc options. You may recall that during one of the beta cycles for a previous update Scrapper and Stalker snipe powers were tweaked to have an "internal recharge time" that was half their actual recharge time to specifically nerf their interaction with procs. While I agree that some of the epic and patron pools could stand to be looked at, I don't think everyone will walk away happy from it when it does happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube