Black Adam teaser

The magic-origin, electrical/invulnerable tank has entered the room.

Original animated teaser: 

Latest live-action teaser:

Honestly, this is looking very good.  I had fears after the Captain Marv...ahem, Shazam! movie that anything connected with that brand would be campy, but if the teaser is setting the pace for the movie, this looks like a magic supervillain version of The Terminator, and I'm down for that.

Not as wowed by it, myself.  I still haven't seen Shazam yet, though.  It's the humor and camp elements I like the most about the marvel movies, though, and the grim seriousness of the DC movies that tends to turn me off (The first Nolan Batman movie, being the exception.  Didn't like the one with Bane and the one with Heath Ledger Joker, though).  All the jokes, etc.  Why I read comic books in my youth, honestly.

Different tastes and what not.

Very pretty. Very short. Not much to go on.

• Dwayne's brand is wisecracking badass, and this movie is very much built around him, so evil wisecracking badass... yes, Terminator, or Idris's underrated turn in Hobbs & Shaw.
  • Brosnan clearly on Alec Guinness duties - lend Serious Actor cred to a silly popcorn movie. I guess Bill Nighy was busy.
  • Dr. Fate's an interesting choice as an antagonist though. Lots of power, free will issues...
  • Pierce seems to like the sets. BIG physical sets, and BIG money spent. BIG risk if they're still depending on butts on seats rather than streaming.
  • The reveal sequence feels quite The Mummy, which is also on-brand for The Rock. 
    (DW's top archeology tip: you don't have to read weird ancient inscriptions OUT LOUD, y'know. They never learn.)

TBH, looks like a very pretty movie that I will happily munch popcorn through and may even remember.

But world-changing? Or Marvel-baiting? Mmm. Remains to be seen.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

21 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Not as wowed by it, myself.  I still haven't seen Shazam yet, though.  It's the humor and camp elements I like the most about the marvel movies, though, and the grim seriousness of the DC movies that tends to turn me off (The first Nolan Batman movie, being the exception.  Didn't like the one with Bane and the one with Heath Ledger Joker, though).  All the jokes, etc.  Why I read comic books in my youth, honestly.

Different tastes and what not.

"Humor and camp"?  You're gonna love Shazam.

11 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Looks interesting.  I like Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate!  Curious how this will tie in with Shazam later down the road.

I'm intrigued with the casting of Pierce Brosnan (the hair looks pretty spectacular, too). 

I, too, am curious about the tie in.  We know Shazam was largely light-hearted fun.  And it looks like they're pitching that Black Adam will be the polar opposite.  So how do you push these two together without destroying one or the other?  Someone got a "your chocolate in my peanut butter" solution?

BTW, I actually like the teaser for Shazam II more: 

I mean, Mirren is a goddess anyway, of course, so feels a bit like typecasting.

But she looks like she's having a whole bunch of fun...

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.