Official Unofficial Guess what's in Page 3 discussion

0th Power

5 hours ago, OmegaOne said:

I knew what this was going to be before I even clicked.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

I'm hoping a bug fix for EMP Arrow.

8 hours ago, arcane said:

I hope that’s a given, yeah. Would be good for T9’s to do things, yeah.

Those are fixed and will be in page 3.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Spoiler

fire-fly-uh.gif

On 10/18/2021 at 7:37 PM, GM Impervium said:

Speculation is fun and all, but I'm going to remind people who KNOW not to spill any beans (that haven't already been spilt)! Not because we want to "wow!" people with a surprise (though that's part of it), but we also don't want to disappoint in case we can't deliver on something, or a proposed powerset isn't what people expected/were hoping for.

That said, we hope to have something to share with you all Soon (tm)!

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

1 hour ago, Hew said:

My understanding is that Carp Melee was changed to Trout Melee when it was discovered that a Carp alpha strike did more damage than an empowered EnM single target strike.

But is using Trout Melee as sustainable practice, or will we be depleting the rivers, and depriving fly fishers?  At least with Asian Carp Melee we have the satisfaction of removing some of an invasive species from our rivers.

8 hours ago, Techwright said:

But is using Trout Melee as sustainable practice, or will we be depleting the rivers, and depriving fly fishers?  At least with Asian Carp Melee we have the satisfaction of removing some of an invasive species from our rivers.

It does not require illicit drugs like Performance Shifter to manage the trout output.

• Haha 1

Going through TF commander with a number of characters reminds me how badly these TFs need to be reworked.

"Guys. Let's make a TF with an underground base."

"Sounds cool, but those can be annoying for players. Ever try to navigate those while be SBed?"

"Don't worry. They won't want to go far. It will involve defeat alls."

"Ugh. Players don't really care for those. They likely just want to do them for the badge. Wait, you said defeat alls as in plural?"

"Oh yes, that's basically all of the missions."

Because nothing better in game design than feeling like being the pinball in a version of Defeat All Nazis Pinball on an hour long repeat. End Drain the Lowbie TF and Street Sweeping For A Badge TF can also be nuked.

A level 8+ TF for redside, and any and all arcs can be done due to flashback.

While I am all for making more TFs sane time wise, I would totally be down for a league sized TF which takes 2 hours and ends up with some sort of massive invasion. Like, have the league split across zones so it feels like an actual invasion. "Dude, how to you not want to be part of a massive team and then be told 4-6 of you need to cover the invasion for a zone? This might actually require thinking on our part."

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I found top secret footage from closed beta of carp melee. Looks a bit undertuned if you ask me, but the T9 looks strong.

• Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 10/21/2021 at 11:58 AM, Without_Pause said:

Going through TF commander with a number of characters reminds me how badly these TFs need to be reworked.

Probably on the 'long term' project docket, tbh. Reworking those TFs would take a lot of time & effort behind it.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

On 10/23/2021 at 5:59 PM, Shadeknight said:

Probably on the 'long term' project docket, tbh. Reworking those TFs would take a lot of time & effort behind it.

Yeah, I'm painfully aware. I could certainly come up with ideas for things to add to the game, but it becomes a question of how long would it take to implement. A good genuine rework of any TF is going to be a lengthy project.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."