Mission transporter misfiring

wijnen

Technically not a bug, but an extremely annoying UI "feature", which consists of two things:

1. When a new mission is acquired, it is automatically highlighted, but not selected. It would be nice if it would be selected, also for the rest of the team. I don't think I've ever received a new mission that I didn't immediately want to select.
  2. (Much) more importantly: when the mission transporter (or team transport) is activated without a selected mission, it will transport you to the first mission on the list. It doesn't matter if any mission is highlighted. Combined with the above, this means that "finish mission, call it in, get new mission, see that it's far away, activate the transporter" will send you to the wrong place (and unable to try again for 30 minutes). This happened to me many times and I still don't think it's my fault.

I suggest both of these should be fixed: auto-select a new mission, and if no mission is selected, let the transporter either send you to the highlighted mission, or perhaps better: refuse to transport you at all. For the mission transporter, if it refuses to transport it will not need to cool down. It's probably a good idea if the team transporter will also fail to be summoned if there is no selected mission, or the selected mission is not a door mission. To use the power only to be told it cannot transport you feels like it's tricked you.

I'd also prefer it not auto select a mission for me (I can see that being problematic for teaming), but I would prefer the MT not activate at all if no mission is selected

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting