Build Theory: Prepare for a *FLOOD*

AurianArchive

For a while now I've been running LiveStreams under a Build Theory tag. If you got questions about designs, about builds, or simply about making enhancements, the series has generally covered it (and will continue to cover it). That being said listing the (relatively) extensive backlog of videos will create a bit of a post flood. I should also note this isn't a complete list of all the Stream's/Videos I've made, but just a re-copy from the forum where I've been posting them.

In order to help with search optimization, each post will attempt to state the intent of the stream: 

The first video is, well, an introduction/test video. 

Edited by AurianArchive

A followup, to a followup, to a followup, to a... I've entered the mindscape of Dr. Tannis!!!!

This is more a Hybrid Theory Rant on role-playing within the constraints of a game. Largely fueled by so called role-players who routinely demanded "MAKE IT BETTER BUT DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING" 

Picking back up on the Archery/Ninjitsu Sentinel, which ran to a hard-crash. While I'm not un-convinced that my graphics card is on it's last legs, a series of videos later (under a Carnage Playlist) document the scale of some of the hardware problems. Some of which were entirely self-inflicted. 

Rule Breaker :: Rule Maker 

So You Want To Make Enhancements?

This 2 hour plus lecture full of talking down, sandbagging, and more loaded insinuations than a Drunk Flambaeoux in Pocket D, was the result of the developers (here) issuing some travel enhancements for testing. When the enhancements were re-issued with zero changes the only response I could give was: Is This A Sick Joke?

Look: if you're going to design thematic enhancements, questions need to be asked that neither Cryptic nor Paragon ever asked. Those questions have to start with the economical aspects of item/currency acquisition, THEN build into the logical extrapolation of how, when, and where the sets will eventually be used and/or obtained. 

As referenced earlier, the streams listed here are not all of the streams I've done, nor a complete list of the videos. This stream centers around two characters created/constructed to simulate a worst case scenario for players entering CoH. E.G. no SG, no Influence Grant, no level pacting. Just "here's the game, there's nobody to help you, good luck."  

If you're new to the game the Adventures of Pandemonium and Rabbitanium are probably a good place to start for basic "getting started" info.

Rule Breaker :: Rule Maker

Another near-on 2 hour lecture following up on Mastermind ReConstruction. Some of this is in fact a retread of previous information, and part of me is curious as to how many people can connect the dots on this one. This one is on Archetype ReConstruction:

A Hybrid Theory follows. This isn't about any explicit in-game content, or expected future content, but an exploration of addressing the non-edge-case-scenario generality that Corruptors are inferior to Defenders following the conversion of Negligence into Vigilance. 

This one was a fricking P.I.T.A. 

Drop.com had ran some Kinesis TKO 60% boards. I bought one, and then went out of my way to learn how to use it. Painful learning cliff aside, handicapping myself with a physical debuff might make this initial base building tutorial more useful to players who get to watch me NOT blow through something on raw muscle memory.