Build Theory: Prepare for a *FLOOD*

AurianArchive

Another near hour long lecture trying to explain why Speeding a Task Force gives the speedsters MORE rewards than Defeating-Every-Enemy. This is mostly a reaction lecture generated after a particularly painful task force that included comments about removing Fast Snipe because it lowered their damage. 

That lecture was followed up with a caveating stream. Some of the top speedsters can take a long time to hone their craft, memorizing rooms, committing jump/run/flight paths to muscle memory, optimizing key strokes, to limiting command movements to maximize efficiency. 

You don't really have to do all that. This stream thus is about playing YOUR way. Something I really haven't done is shown the process of a leveling build, that is to say the powers and enhancements you'd select while PLAYING the game. Of course, a leveling build is the whole point of The Adventures of Rabbitanium and Pandamonium, so it hasn't gotten it's own break-out video. 

This stream also delves into some of the build design choices and why [Darkest Night] is such a desirable power on Tanks/Brutes:

Fire / Staff / Soul: 

I think this is the first video where you get to hear me break down the calculation errors with Staff Melee. To put it gently, when charting DPS ranges Staff Melee has slightly better AOE than Energy Melee (pre-buff), and one of (if not THE) worst single target ranges. The problem, at least in the math, is that the Damage Bonus / Proc Effects attributed to the Form Modes could be tripled and Staff still would have issues reaching even mid-range damage bands. Simply buffing the enforce Proc-Damage doesn't turn Staff From a Stinker into a Prime Cut, but it'd at least be a step in the right direction while figuring out how the formulas set it's damage values to Trash Can

Fire / Pain

Pain / Fire

Defender or Corruptor: YOU WILL FEEL THE BURN!

If you're interested in just how screwed Corruptors are, this is one of the streams that will help you understand the performance gap between the two archetypes and why I spent a significant amount of time waxing poetical on yanking Corr's away from their less than symbiotic relationship with Defenders. 

Sonic / Kinetics

Kinetics / Sonic

Kind of a followup to the previous Defender/Corruptor build, but this looks at the Edge Case Scenario where a single attribute of Corruptors grants them a powerset that CAN deliver a higher return compared to an equivalent Defender of the same power choices. 

Next stream picked back up on that Ice/Rad/Ice and Ice/Rad/Primal dual build, while taking the time to dunk on a terrible decision made by the developers here. 

It's nice if you're on a populated server with lots of people to team with, but a game shouldn't actively punish players who have real-life issues that make teaming for Task Force Runs a difficult proposition. 

For this one, I'm just being tacky. A Fire/WP SENTINEL in a +2/x8 707. 

This was a hard crash out, and the start of potential problems generated by looking at OBS's Twitch Integrations. I think this is the first time you'll hear me drop the Gab.TV and Rumble streaming targets. 

Fire/WP Sentinel: Take 2

This started out trying to track the calculation errors between PHD, MHRB, and in Game.

Now, to be fair to MHRB, after this Stream I went through the process of nuking the install and installing a fresh version. Some of the builds  that crashed before are now working: