If you play a kheldian for any reasonable amount of time you probably have ended up fighting your camera as much as the mobs while transforming to Nova or Dwarf form.  (Please see the attached video.)

Not sure what would be the easier fix, shortening the wispy color flair or toning down the alpha on the effect.  Just tossing this out there as a bit of player feed back.  

Thanks for your time 🙂

Edited by Lobstar
  • Haha 1

Twitch.tv/LobstarLive

I don't see it as a problem, but if they put in some alternate... *shrug* customization's a thing, it'd just be another one.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You can eliminate the animation from the player POV with the suppress FX controls. I never used these until I built a Kheld a few months ago, and got tired of my view being blanked out and kinda blinding for several seconds.

The FX are fine from other-player perspective and a distance, just not alla up in your own UI.

/SuppressCloseFX 1 will turn on the suppression (turn off the FX); use 0 to turn them back on.

/SuppressCloseFXDist [feet] sets the distance at which FX are allowed.

If you set the latter to, say, 20 feet, and turn the feature on with the first command, you will not see your own FX within a camera distance of 20 feet, but will see them from further back. Experiment until you find a distance where the FX are tolerable to see (or set it very high, say 300, to completely suppress them.)

I can toss up a couple of useful binds if anyone wants them.

• Thumbs Up 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

You can eliminate the animation from the player POV with the suppress FX controls. I never used these until I built a Kheld a few months ago, and got tired of my view being blanked out and kinda blinding for several seconds.

The FX are fine from other-player perspective and a distance, just not alla up in your own UI.

/SuppressCloseFX 1 will turn on the suppression (turn off the FX); use 0 to turn them back on.

/SuppressCloseFXDist [feet] sets the distance at which FX are allowed.

If you set the latter to, say, 20 feet, and turn the feature on with the first command, you will not see your own FX within a camera distance of 20 feet, but will see them from further back. Experiment until you find a distance where the FX are tolerable to see (or set it very high, say 300, to completely suppress them.)

I can toss up a couple of useful binds if anyone wants them.

Hey, thanks for that Shenanigunner, I'll give it a shot.  Never did notice a change when I tried using the menu options to suppressFX.  

Edited by Lobstar

Twitch.tv/LobstarLive

33 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

You can also reduce the max particle count to help as well. 

That affects everything, though, and in my experience makes the game look a lot duller. I don't mind most fx except right up in my goggles.

I do have  mimimum-particles bind for team combat, though.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com