Can't stand "mission hoppers"

Diantane

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

hamsters on meth.

OH THE IMAGES OF THE TEETH!

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I don't start clearing maps without people in the mission unless its a lower level TF, and usually I ask for permission to do so.  I am fast on the way to the next mission, though I wait for others, i'll defend the door but I consider it rude to be clearing mobs when people still have to enter the mission.  That said, if i'm on a high performance toon, you can bet i'll play with a speed runners mindset once everyones in the mission.  I'll even split from the team if I see an opportunity to safely wipe a mob solo.  I do this for efficiency sake; mobs die faster everyone gets experience faster.

11 hours ago, Diantane said:

Doesn't matter if its and arc or radio, they go inside the mission the moment it's available (don't bother waiting for the team). And the moment the blue exit button appears, they are out of there running to the next mission. Doesn't matter if the team is fighting when the button appears. They are gone. I usually kick them from the team and they wonder why.

Is there a badge for how many missions you do or how fast you can do them? If so I don't want it. Most veteran  players (those that have played a long time) will stay well beyond the blue button to finish clearing everything on the map for the XP.  That makes more sense.

It makes sense to you. 
It doesn't make sense to me. It is, in fact, unless an expressed desire by the team lead, or the team as a whole - a waste of time to remain in a mission once it's been completed. 

There's no benefit beyond XP to remain in the mission. And if it's XP you want - the next mission has that, too. And guess what it also has - mission completion XP bonus. Reward merits, possibly, depending on what's being run. So, you do, in fact, get more xp per minute, more merits per minute by moving on to the next mission. 

It's been brought up here on these forums multiple times. 

We all play the game in a fashion that's fun for us. Find like-minded folks, no worries. Express your wishes prior to beginning, and those that don't want to do things the way that you do will be just fine leaving the team and letting you keep searching for like minded folks. 

If you're not expressing how you want things done ahead of time, and you kick folks for not being a mind-reader, than you are the problem, not them. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 11/2/2021 at 11:12 AM, Diantane said:

Most veteran  players (those that have played a long time) will stay well beyond the blue button to finish clearing everything on the map for the XP.  That makes more sense.

Considering your other posts from as early as a month ago, the terminology you use suggests you aren't a "veteran player" so I question how you claim to know how "most veteran players" play the game. That said, I don't suspect you'll be back to elaborate as your post history also shows a high level of "thread hopping," to borrow someone else's parody of your own thread title. You can't say you get "more exp" by clearing the maps either, at least from a time spent perspective. If all you care about is per-mission exp, then sure, you get more if you clear the map. Completing more missions in that same timeframe though comes with the end-of-mission bonus exp and you can often complete more missions to make up the "lost" exp in that same time frame and meet (and more often, exceed) the same amount of Exp/min metrics. Plus, you see more actual content and story this way.

As far as sticking inside the mission once it completes, I usually only stay just long enough to finish the spawn we're fighting and only leave right away if everyone else is leaving. There's no sense in sticking around to finish off a spawn set for 8 people that are all about to turn and look in my direction once all the other targets, I mean my allies, have left the building. Teams running smoothly together is more important than picking off the last couple groups of Vahz or Clockwork that ran half-way across the map and people want to progress through the arc, not get bogged down with strays. If you're going to demand everyone on your team stay to do a clear-all, then make that clear when you're recruiting. Once again, one your problems comes down to lack of communication on your part.

Edited by ForeverLaxx
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

16 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Considering your other posts from as early as a month ago, the terminology you use suggests you aren't a "veteran player" so I question how you claim to know how "most veteran players" play the game

Case in point: I have characters with the slash command for exiting a mission bound to the movement keys.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 11/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, Diantane said:

Doesn't matter if its and arc or radio, they go inside the mission the moment it's available (don't bother waiting for the team). And the moment the blue exit button appears, they are out of there running to the next mission. Doesn't matter if the team is fighting when the button appears. They are gone. I usually kick them from the team and they wonder why.

Is there a badge for how many missions you do or how fast you can do them? If so I don't want it. Most veteran  players (those that have played a long time) will stay well beyond the blue button to finish clearing everything on the map for the XP.  That makes more sense.

Can't stand complainers.

Doesn't matter if its on forums or real life, they open their mouth the moment a listening ear is available (don't bother waiting for you to finish your sentence). And the moment someone looks their way, they are out there tit, tat, titillating the next listening ear. Doesn't matter if you're mid convo when they appear. Their mouths are flapping. I usually edge the convo back on topic  and they wonder why.

Is there a badge for how many complaints you say or how fast you can share your thoughts?  If so I don't want it. Most emotionally mature players (those that have lived a while longer) will keep those thoughts well within their mind to let the feeling pass and clear their mind for inner peace.  That makes more sense.

Edited by Obus Form
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Friends don't let friends PUG.

Pugging does allow you the opportunity to find a really good player from time to time. That said the majority of pugs have some really interesting players on them.

I'll even occasionally invite ppl that I'm pugging with to my discord so we can shoot the shit as we play, it allows for some interesting gaming where more often than not I get someone asking build theory questions that give me a new idea for a toon.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, Diantane said:

Most veteran players (those that have played a long time) will stay well beyond the blue button to finish clearing everything on the map for the XP.

No, they don't.  Most will stay and clear the ROOM that they're in, but they don't clear the map unless it has been previously announced as a 'clear all'.

• Like 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, Darmian said:

I've had idiots message me crap

Yep. Idiots do that. They don't know any better.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:24 PM, DrunkFlux said:

I don't start clearing maps without people in the mission unless its a lower level TF, and usually I ask for permission to do so.  I am fast on the way to the next mission, though I wait for others, i'll defend the door but I consider it rude to be clearing mobs when people still have to enter the mission.  That said, if i'm on a high performance toon, you can bet i'll play with a speed runners mindset once everyones in the mission.  I'll even split from the team if I see an opportunity to safely wipe a mob solo.  I do this for efficiency sake; mobs die faster everyone gets experience faster.

You're robbing people of the enjoyment of playing the mission as a team.

If you are the team leader, great.

If you aren't the team leader, then you should ask the team lead if they want you rushing around doing your own thing instead of acting as part of the team.

If all you want to do is rush around doing your own thing at your own speed, why did you join to be part of a team?

Is it an ego thing?

There are a good number of players that don't want to be power-leveled.

Most people aren't playing to see how fast they can get through a mission.

It's a boring issue of Justice League when they show up to solve something and ....

-Page 1 - Panel 1-

Superman is standing around as the rest of the Justice League arrive at the area overlooking [the enemy, problem, world disaster]

Page width panel

Superman

Great. You finally go here.

-Page 1 - Panel 2-

Justice League in a circular group. Superman is a blur rushing away and back from wherever.

Page width panel

Batman

Okay, we are ...

Superman

Problem solved.

Is there something else we need to do here?

Aquaman

Again?! Really?!

- Page 1 - panel 3 -

Superman flying off. Rest of the JL shrugging, pointing, and other emotes.

half page width panel

Superman

Ah. I see we are supposed to go to [insert place that is obvious to go to next in the storyline].

I'll wait for you there.

- Page 1 - Panel 4 -

Green Arrow pointing at Batman. Batman standing resolute with the other JL members standing around him

- other than Superman who flew off last panel.

half page width panel

Wonder Woman

We really need to ...

Batman

Not here.

We are team.

We will discuss it later.

- Page 2 - Panel 1-

Justice League assembled at the JL Satellite (or wherever they are retconned to hang out at this point) sitting/standing around

(whatever they are sitting and standing in around in their retconned base environment these days).

Flash

Are you sure he can't hear us?

Batman

Almost entirely sure. We do have the (insert good reason that Superman can't hear them talking... vacuum of space or what not).

- Page 2 - Panel 2-

Close up of Aquaman and whoever is standing/sitting to either side of him.

Aquaman

I say we take a vote. We don't even let Superman know about what we are doing until we at least get a chance to try to solve the problem.

- continues on for the rest of the issue

with discussion about various situations where it isn't necessary to alert Superman immediately  

in order to save the lives of bystanders, protect property, avert wars, etc.

- Final page - 3nd to last Panel -

Batman

Then it's decided.

We won't talk about this again.

- Final page - 2nd to last Panel -

Superman zooming into the room with the JL assembled some walking off.

Superman

So what aren't we going to talk about again?

Cyborg

We decided never to order a pizza with pineapple and anchovies ever again.

- Last page - last panel -

Superman with a quizzical look on his face.

Superman

???

Might be fun for you.

How does the rest of the team feel about it?

Edited by UltraAlt
Panel renumbering
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

15 hours ago, Xeres said:

Well you're allowed to run your teams the way you want.  But, IMO, after you kick them, tell them why if they ask.

I would suggest warning the team in general in /team before kicking someone.

I usually give the players three chances.... unless they are being a complete jerk and did something that warned against people doing and their actions cause a total team wipe. They get kicked immediately.

If they want to know why they were kicked, I tell them that they were warned. If their first tell is that I'm a [insert insult here] for kicking them, then I put them on ignore.

The players that are truly jerks intentionally are few and far between in THE CITY .. the heroes part at least. I don't play much on the Villain side and I don't start in Praetoria (hard to avoid Praetorian missions as they get mixed in with normal content at a certain level.

16 hours ago, Obus Form said:

Can't stand complainers.

And, yet, you continue to post a complaint about other people who are - in your viewpoint - complaining and, meanwhile, asserting you are superior.

That does not show maturity.

I'm wondering just how old you are.

Many of us are well over 50.

10 hours ago, Ironblade said:

No, they don't.  Most will stay and clear the ROOM that they're in, but they don't clear the map unless it has been previously announced as a 'clear all'.

Exactly.  I don't know too many players who want to scour the remainder of the map to find those last few mobs.  

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

And, yet, you continue to post a complaint about other people who are - in your viewpoint - complaining and, meanwhile, asserting you are superior.

That does not show maturity.

I'm wondering just how old you are.

Many of us are well over 50.

I think you missed the satire as that post was written just like the OP's original post, subbing out "mission hoppers" with "complainers" (and a few more liberties to make it read properly). Someone else did this too, using "thread hoppers" instead.

Is it customary for people "well over 50" to not read the thread before posting?

Edited by ForeverLaxx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

The talk is straying away from the topic (as silly as it was) and getting into the ground of personals attacks so lets get back on route everyone.

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

Squid Game: Follow the Leader. 

Done. If the leader doesn't talk, find one who does. If you want. Whatever. Just don't talk shit on my build. Or do, it's a game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter