Can't stand "mission hoppers"

Diantane

I don't want to threadjack (too late I'm sure), but my Dr. Green Jeans was a descendent of Capt. Kanga's sidekick.  Every parent wants their children and children's children to have good opportunities and to pursue their dreams, so no pressure was applied to follow his steps as a farmer.  

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

I don't want to threadjack (too late I'm sure), but my Dr. Green Jeans was a descendent of Capt. Kanga's sidekick.  Every parent wants their children and children's children to have good opportunities and to pursue their dreams, so no pressure was applied to follow his steps as a farmer.  

Ahhh!  That makes sense.  I didn't even think of Mr. Green Jeans having a bunch of little Green Jeanses, at least one of whom would have seen robotics as a way to move off the farm!

(We're way off topic, but I like this topic better than the original, so.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

Or people could just discuss the topic versus bring preconceived bias to the conversation.

Some people in the forums at this point just seem to be out to get certain people for whatever reason.

Or if you start a thread complaining about something, you engage in the debate you started. This thread is a perfect example, the OP starts it and only responded once on the first page then poof disappears like a fart in the wind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

8 minutes ago, Dazl said:

"...disappears like a fart in the wind"

What a beautiful poetic image to finally lay this trip of a thread to rest. Bravo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

I am opposite of the OP. I get annoyed when people stay in a mission after much of the team has left it. Especially if I am team leader and waiting on the people to exit so I can set the next mission...

I also won't wait around all day for everyone to get to mission.  I'll start the fight as soon as I think I can manage it, and people jump in as they arrive. If others want to do the same, good on them. That's how my teams roll. I only care about us all being there to start the mission if it is a particularly difficult or sensitive mission (like a mayhem mission etc).

Edited by Gentoo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, Gentoo said:

I am opposite of the OP. I get annoyed when people stay in a mission after much of the team has left it. Especially if I am team leader and waiting on the people to exit so I can set the next mission...

On some level there I think you are mistaken.

I think your stance is also about people working as a team and letting the leader lead.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I enjoy all kinds of ways to play. Sometimes the go-go-go, and sometimes the chill mode. It all depends on the group and the flow. If I am with friends, I know what to expect. with random people, it could go any way. I tend to go by live and let live. If people want to hang out, thats on them. If people want to speedrun it, that's fine too.

What I don't particularly care for is a person telling anyone else how to play or what activity to enjoy, or they are wrong for liking X, Y, and Z, or they are a noob or whatever for not power building their alt #4086 to the .00000025% umpteempth degree, when a power "just for funs/looks/whatever" is more important to the person playing the character, than min/maxing to the point one needs a mathematical degree to fully compute which is superior in every circumstance of play. Heaven forbid people do things just for fun or because they happen to like something anymore.

On 11/4/2021 at 5:00 AM, UltraAlt said:

You're robbing people of the enjoyment of playing the mission as a team.

If you are the team leader, great.

If you aren't the team leader, then you should ask the team lead if they want you rushing around doing your own thing instead of acting as part of the team.

If all you want to do is rush around doing your own thing at your own speed, why did you join to be part of a team?

Is it an ego thing?

There are a good number of players that don't want to be power-leveled.

Most people aren't playing to see how fast they can get through a mission.

It's a boring issue of Justice League when they show up to solve something and ....

*Huge line about superman I guess?*

Most of the time, no one complains(In fact, often players are left awestruck, a blaster soloing and leaving a mass of destruction in there wake, first time I saw a blaster do the same inspired me in fact to roll blaster).  And when I 'don't' rush to the next mob to T9 them, that mob is getting judgemented by someone else.  I do it to make sure my Tier 9 blast and judgement are getting the most effective use, if things survive, I drag them to the team.  I'm actually a very cautious player, but thing is my blaster is just that effective, and I try to bring leadership buffs on all toons so they still get some benefit with me in the area.  I don't stray that far ahead or sideways from the team when I play.  And this is 50+4 fighting, mind you.

There isn't really a 'right' way to play city of heroes, which is honestly the beauty of it.

New difficulty settings, sure, I won't be able to on a blaster.  I wouldn't expect that kind of play to work(though already came up with a standard on making it play smoothly).  Not even sure i'd even support the difficulty; trying to stick together won't work any better than "Split and mow the lawn!" unless the teams total defenses and to-hit is enough to counter the mobs formidibly high to-hit defense buffs.  In fact, the content won't even be remotely fun without lots of to-hit in the team; nothings more frustrating than seeing nothing but miss on 95% of your attacks when you know you should hit more(it's different if they are +5 to you, but only +3 yeah...).

But really, how you have fun and how I have fun, theres a saying, live and let live man.

• Thanks 1

I'll also mention, my play and how I mesh with a team depends largely on how it paces, how many people have judgements ect.  If I see lots of judgements going off and my defense rates are constantly high, then yes, I'll rush off to wipe a mob off the map by myself here and there.  I stick with the team in between judgements and T9 recharge(though I spec with very high recharge on top of everything else, I can nuke every other mob for this reason).  So in a sense, i'm still working with the team, think of me as a nuclear skirmisher(relative speaking).  🙂

Edited by DrunkFlux

On 11/8/2021 at 2:53 PM, Zhym said:

Ahhh!  That makes sense.  I didn't even think of Mr. Green Jeans having a bunch of little Green Jeanses, at least one of whom would have seen robotics as a way to move off the farm!

Wouldn't they be called Shorts?

Also, have you ever wondered how a farmer's jeans became Green?

15 hours ago, DrunkFlux said:

There isn't really a 'right' way to play city of heroes, which is honestly the beauty of it.

Doing things that are disruptive to the rest of the team is only beautiful to the one being disruptive.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

16 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Doing things that are disruptive to the rest of the team is only beautiful to the one being disruptive.

But but but... Fold Space +Repel is AMAZING.

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

But but but... Fold Space +Repel is AMAZING.

Okay, I can't deny that if you slot x3 KB in the repel, but still, even so....

• Haha 2